HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

2013 Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Charlie Manuel has been fired (Aug. 16)

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2013, 09:51 AM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I assume this isn't the change SnS was calling for with the thread title. Holy **** I'm glad I went for a run instead of turning on the game, I would have been livid watching that.

No. Not at all, Beef.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
06-20-2013, 09:32 PM
jml87

vCash: 500
Chase Utley never hits when I go to games

Old
06-21-2013, 08:03 PM
RussianRocket10

Hamels sucks. They had a good 5 year run with a WS ring. Time to blow it up and go back to the pre 2007 days.

Old
06-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
Cole has not been good this year, but is for sure.

Old
06-22-2013, 06:16 PM
GiggityGiggityGoo

vCash: 516
Young and Papelbon!!!!!!

Old
06-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Howard has been picking it up big time lately. I pray that He can get his ops to around 900 for the season. If he has another season like that next year he could be a trade candidate considering we pick up some salary and require no asset back.

Old
06-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Devastate

That was an awful win, but a win nonetheless

Old
06-23-2013, 11:31 PM
The Couturier Effect

In the last 3 games, I've seen the Phillies blow a 3-0 lead and lose, blow a 7-1 lead and win, and get railed 8-0. All against the Mets, who are terrible.

This team is pathetic. Charlie has to go.

Old
06-23-2013, 11:44 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
In the last 3 games, I've seen the Phillies blow a 3-0 lead and lose, blow a 7-1 lead and win, and get railed 8-0. All against the Mets, who are terrible.

This team is pathetic. Charlie has to go.
Matt Harvey is rather good. when hes on hes tough to beat. cant say much about the rest of the weekend.

Old
06-24-2013, 07:48 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

The fall of this team has been pretty sad to watch. At least we can say they delivered us a championship. That kind of makes the whole trip worthwhile, even if it is hard to watch and is likely going to be for the next few years.

I think a lot of us would have agreed to watch a bad team in exchange for the team we had from 07-11

06-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
The fall of this team has been pretty sad to watch. At least we can say they delivered us a championship. That kind of makes the whole trip worthwhile, even if it is hard to watch and is likely going to be for the next few years.

I think a lot of us would have agreed to watch a bad team in exchange for the team we had from 07-11
I think what really makes it sad is that it was easy to see coming, even for an amateur baseball fan like me.

06-24-2013, 10:53 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I think what really makes it sad is that it was easy to see coming, even for an amateur baseball fan like me.
Most fans knew it was coming but I can't sit here and say I knew it was gonna be so drastic/unfold so quickly. They went from winning 102 games to a .500 team the next season. No one really thought they could repeat that 100+ win performance but .500 baseball? Unfortunately it looks like they're gonna be around the same this year.

Old
06-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

The annoying thing is that it's not terribly difficult to rebuild on the fly, but I don't trust the GM to do it properly. They have Lee and Papelbon which should return them legitimate, just about big league ready prospects. They have Rollins who could get them something decent, and Young who could get them something minor. If Lannon pitches well over the next month or so they could move him for something minor as well.

This team could be on its way to competing again in about 2 seasons if they dismantled it properly, but I have a feeling they're going to hold on to everyone and sign another overpriced free agent. Or trade Lee off for more 3 years away pitching prospects.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:18 AM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
The annoying thing is that it's not terribly difficult to rebuild on the fly, but I don't trust the GM to do it properly. They have Lee and Papelbon which should return them legitimate, just about big league ready prospects. They have Rollins who could get them something decent, and Young who could get them something minor. If Lannon pitches well over the next month or so they could move him for something minor as well.

This team could be on its way to competing again in about 2 seasons if they dismantled it properly, but I have a feeling they're going to hold on to everyone and sign another overpriced free agent. Or trade Lee off for more 3 years away pitching prospects.
The Lee trade was atrocious and I can't imagine Amaro doing better the second time around. He really is an awful GM. He has no concept of the future, overpays to get guys, signs guys who are too old. Really the whole operation is run like they are out for money rather than a good baseball team. They know a bunch of no names won't put people in the seats like Utley, Rollins, Howard, Lee, and Hamels. However, I still think that this team would've been fine if they filled the holes with young prospects, this team would've been fine. Of course, this team has none outside of Brown and they wouldn't bring him up until he started dominating in spring training.

Baseball is a business but you can be in a business to win and make money that way. The Phillies are just in a business to make money.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:23 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Yeah I have zero faith in the Phils organization to right the ship without clearing house first. So far there are no indications they'll clear house.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:23 AM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post

If we trade Papelbon, I hope it's to Detroit. It seems like the most logical destination.
I doubt Lee is dealt.
Rollins, yeah. Highly unlikely to be dealt.
Young? Possibly. I want to see what the kid we have in the minors can do. (Asche)
Lannan? Doubt it.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Matt Harvey is rather good. when hes on hes tough to beat. cant say much about the rest of the weekend.
The young man is a flat out stud. With that pitching matchup there was no way the Phillies were going to win yesterday. I have been going to games since the 50's and you do not need to be a rocket scientist to know it is time to blow up this team. D.Young in right field is just brutal! If that is the best they can put in that position, then someone in the front office has to lose his job. The so called leaders on this team flat out suck. Guys like Bowa and Rose would be kicking ass and taking names. I feel bad for Lee cause he is one of the few guys who seem to give a crap and care. The front office needs to move players for prospects or some decent talent while they still have some value. Oh well I am done with my rant. But its over Johnny,over.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:48 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Honestly, I'm sure the two players that probably care more than anyone else on the team are Lee and Papelbon. Maybe Hamels as well, considering how emotional he's been this season.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:52 AM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Honestly, I'm sure the two players that probably care more than anyone else on the team are Lee and Papelbon. Maybe Hamels as well, considering how emotional he's been this season.
Chase. Utley.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
If we trade Papelbon, I hope it's to Detroit. It seems like the most logical destination.
I doubt Lee is dealt.
Rollins, yeah. Highly unlikely to be dealt.
Young? Possibly. I want to see what the kid we have in the minors can do. (Asche)
Lannan? Doubt it.
I think if they move anyone they'll probably only move Papelbon, and maybe Young if there is a contender interested. Lannan I just brought up because people always want pitching, which also means Kendrick might draw some interest.

It really is easy to see how bad this can go if they do it wrong, and I have no doubt that Ruben will make this team die a far slower death than it needs to. The quicker you start the rebuild the better. It's not like they won't have the money to add free agents to a new core, but they really need to get top talent for these guys while they can.

Old
06-24-2013, 12:25 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Chase. Utley.
That's true.

Old
06-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

I'm a Ruiz guy.

Old
06-24-2013, 12:44 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Kevin Frandsen cares.

Old
06-24-2013, 12:50 PM
FlyersFan61290

Doc cares as well.

Old
06-24-2013, 12:51 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Doc cares as well.
He does, but I think it was a little stupid for him not to say he was hurt earlier, when he should of been out then instead of making it worse. But what are you going to do, him playing and trying to get the team to win is a big thing for him, even more so than feeling good.

Closed Thread