HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I'm Impressed, They're Pressing, Impending Depression...

Old
10-16-2006, 01:55 PM
guzmania

vCash: 500
I'm Impressed, They're Pressing, Impending Depression...

I'm impressed...

with AKAK... but other players on his line and importantly other lines have to have some success for Anze to be more effective. Positioning and hands impress. But he is ready to be here.

Sopel and Miller...they are moving so much better. Sopel has been doing what we were counting on Blake to do. Miller should have had this surgery 2 years ago.

Armstrong...he has stepped up another level in my book. Having Thornton and Norstrom and Conroy have helped him immensely. Not the most talented but the guy is driven.

Ivanans...so far has made the other strongmen we've had lately look puny. Don't care if he scores another goal...but he might. Skates pretty well. Other guys seem to muscle-ing up less against us with Ratais patroling the neutral zone.

Cammalleri...must be standing behind guys at practice so the coaches overlook him. He is first line and should be playing there.

Avery...assclown actions are down, ice time is up. Time to turn it up a notch Sean-o, offense is your next assignment. Go get me some.

They're pressing...

O'Sullivan...the kids grippin his stick a little too hard. Have some fun. You're in the Bigs, the old man never got a sniff. You are already better than he ever was. Once Patrick dumps the emotional baggage he'll be alright I think. Hatrick Patrick that's what you need.

Craig Conroy...is not as good on the 3rd line as he is on the first line. This was caused by McCauley's injury, but man, let Sean or Kostopolus take his spot on this line and see if we can get two lines scoring.

Brown...the kids looks braindead when he has a Kings jersey on. Put him in the worlds and he catches fire. What aren't we doing for him that they do on other squads? Should not be on the first line...period.

Impending depression...

Willsie?...this guy was going to help us. How? It's early, but I jes' don't see it.

Blake...retirement contract? Not saying he won't pick it up but the start was not auspicious. Talked some smack last year in January when he was -17 or something, but then he ended up a plus player. Where will we be in the standings before he kicks in? Earth to Blake, we stopped booing, your turn!

Frolov...when this guy plays in the middle of the ice like he did in the first couple we have an exciting and dangerous forward. When he heads for the boards you have John Sims slighty less talented sister. He is the key to Anze's success this season. Put him down Thornton's line and let Sean Kick his butt every time he goes into passive mode.

Powerless play...I want more hungry! I want more goals.

The team is so new with so many new faces I can see it's identity is going to take some time to formulate. Dux and Stars might be two top 5 teams and Ilses and Blues might be bottom 5 teams so it's could be hard to fix exactly where we are in the big scheme of things. Crawford has to take some coaching moves into consideration. Shake and Bake, Marc. Hopefully the embarrassments to the Stars back to back will refocus the team. After those games I must admit that it could be a really long season.

guzmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 02:02 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmania View Post
I'm impressed...

Frolov...when this guy plays in the middle of the ice like he did in the first couple we have an exciting and dangerous forward. When he heads for the boards you have John Sims slighty less talented sister. He is the key to Anze's success this season. Put him down Thornton's line and let Sean Kick his butt every time he goes into passive mode.
One of the reasons I was proposing Avery on a line with Kopitar and Frolov back at the start of the season...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 02:14 PM
kingsfan25

O'Sullivan, IMO, has had some bad luck...in that first Stars game, he should've had his first goal...unfortunately, it went off the end of Turco's stick and shattered it...Don Cherry even did a segment on Sully's shot on last week's "Coach's Corner".

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 02:45 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
I'm impressed that Derek Armstrong has an NHL job... if he were in any of the other 29 organizations, he'd either be in Europe or in the AHL.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 03:09 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

Can Kopitar play wing? I'd really like to see Conroy at center with Frolov and Kopitar.
Frolov - Kopitar - Cammy would also look much better then Frolov - Kopitar - Brown....

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 12:26 PM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
I can't figure out why this isn't a full-blown 40 reply thread... Guz, this is my favorite and (imo) the most accurate post of the young season, so, [bump].

As a Brown fan and supporter, I'm growing frustrated at the lack of not just instincts, but even a road map. The kid isn't even getting a sniff and seems to have PP time taken by the equally as lost (but younger, so he gets more of a pass for it) Patrick O'Sullivan. Ok "lost" is harsh, but it ain't there yet and I remember at least 2 times where he goofed power play passes that cost us possession in the offensive zone. Not the end of the world, but he's still an overacheiving minor on a major power play.

Can we please get the Western elite (Det / Dal / Ana) out of here so we can see how the Kings stack up against our peers (Pho / Clb / Col / Edm)?

multiball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 01:25 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiball View Post
I can't figure out why this isn't a full-blown 40 reply thread... Guz, this is my favorite and (imo) the most accurate post of the young season, so, [bump].

As a Brown fan and supporter, I'm growing frustrated at the lack of not just instincts, but even a road map. The kid isn't even getting a sniff and seems to have PP time taken by the equally as lost (but younger, so he gets more of a pass for it) Patrick O'Sullivan. Ok "lost" is harsh, but it ain't there yet and I remember at least 2 times where he goofed power play passes that cost us possession in the offensive zone. Not the end of the world, but he's still an overacheiving minor on a major power play.

Can we please get the Western elite (Det / Dal / Ana) out of here so we can see how the Kings stack up against our peers (Pho / Clb / Col / Edm)?
Guzmania's work won't be appreciated until long after he's stopped posting.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMix View Post
Can Kopitar play wing? I'd really like to see Conroy at center with Frolov and Kopitar.

This combo actually happened last night, but only for one, 23-second shift.

IIRC, Conroy carried the puck into the Wings' zone, but the play ended real soon thereafter. Either he was offsides, or took a shot & it got saved & covered or something. And that was the end of that little experiment......

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote