HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Got A Question about the team? Fantasy? History? Trade Proposal? ASK HERE!

Old
06-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
His defensive shortcomings are being overblown, I think. He's probably one of the last Devils forwards we'd want to see on the PK, but he's underrated as far as positional defense goes and he'll work his ass off on the backcheck and around the boards, just like he would everywhere else on the ice. There's a reason he gets to take so many awful, awful shots in the offensive zone and that's because the puck ends up there (and on his stick) when he's on the ice.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Sik02gt

really really hope this guy doesn't go.. we don't really have anyone else like him. he's pretty much our only agitator on the entire team he's a quality guy with a good rep on and even more off the ice.. and most importantly as stated above the guy works hard every night and breaks his ass. He's no top 6 forward thats for sure but thats not his job he never signed up for that so when he was forced into that roll this season and didn't look like a top 6 guy... thats when everyone started running their mouths and turning on him.

Sik02gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcelonian Devil View Post
More like this.

Good puck handler, will throw the toe drag here and there, smart on the boards, a born agitator, can deflect pucks too. He just needs to settle down and stay on his role, he was on pace for a Maurice Richard candidate and forced himself to play as one towards the end of the season, shooting from almost everywhere and refusing to play physical as others suggested. He'll be a great pickup for a 3-3,5M range contract. 3rd liner who can help on a scoring line, but he's not at his best there.
he will make at least a million more than that, quite easily IMO.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 12:41 AM
tradetix

Does anyone know of where I can get a secondhand Scott Niedermayer jersey? I'd rather avoid customization because of price and the worry of how it would end up looking. I'd love for it to be authentic to when he played for the team, which is why I'm looking for a used one.

If anyone on here has or knows of anyone who has a Nieds jersey that they're willing to sell, I would be very much interested in talking further.

Thanks!

tradetix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 04:54 PM
NJDFan4Life

If anyone could tell me what the Devils line combinations were during our 2000 Stanley cup run, it would be much appreciated thanks.

NJDFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:09 PM
Devils Dominion
Make the Devils

Devils vs rags from 1992 game 7 on msg now. A loss otherwise msg would not broadcast it.
Terreri was dreadful as usual in big playoff games.
Marty gets some action.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 12:05 AM
NJDevils7

Completely random, but I was looking at Brodeur's stats...how did he not win the Vezina in 1997 instead of Hasek?

Brodeur: GP-67 W-37 L-14 T-13 GAA-1.88 SV%-.927 SO-10
D.Hasek: GP-67 W-37 L-20 T-10 GAA-2.27 SV%-.930 SO-5

Almost identical stats but Brodeur had twice as many shutouts and a way better GAA

NJDevils7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 01:28 AM
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevils7 View Post
Completely random, but I was looking at Brodeur's stats...how did he not win the Vezina in 1997 instead of Hasek?

Brodeur: GP-67 W-37 L-14 T-13 GAA-1.88 SV%-.927 SO-10
D.Hasek: GP-67 W-37 L-20 T-10 GAA-2.27 SV%-.930 SO-5

Almost identical stats but Brodeur had twice as many shutouts and a way better GAA
Hasek's team had no defense brah!

I think he should have won it in 97. I think he also would have won it in 96 had they made the playoffs. IMO he was definitely gonna win it if we hadn't missed the playoffs. I think Bobrovsky is the first goalie in quite some time to be on a playoff missing team, who won the Vezina. Has to be 20+ years since that happened. Instead they gave it to some guy named Lloyd Christmas who only played a couple years after that. It's kind of funny that Ace Ventura won a Vezina before Brodeur. Considering where his career ended up just 2 or 3 years later. I think he just stopped playing.

I'd love to know what the votes were in 97 though. Had to be very close.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 01:37 AM
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Devils vs rags from 1992 game 7 on msg now. A loss otherwise msg would not broadcast it.
Terreri was dreadful as usual in big playoff games.
Marty gets some action.
Terreri wasn't dreadful all the time in big playoff games. He stepped in for Marty against Boston in 94. I believe he started games 3 and 4 after Marty started the first 2 games, and we went down 2 games to 0. Marty was taken out after giving up 6 goals in game 2 of that series, and Terreri started the next two. Marty was very poor in game 2 of that series in a 6-5 loss. I'm pretty sure Terreri's first game he was fantastic, and then the next one was a real nailbiter. I remember not being pleased with him, and it was like a 5-4 win. Marty got a shutout in game 5, and Terreri somehow ended back up in there for the game 6 clincher. I don't remember why though.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 12:32 PM
Puckerz

Goaltending ...

I'm in a 30 team keeper league (deep, very deep!) where Goalies are very highly valued ... took on a team 2 yrs ago that needed depth and the first moves I made were getting Kinkaid and Wedgewood as the Devils seemed like the best "opportunity to play soon."

I searched both guys here and pretty much found nothing, especially on Kinkaid, so this where I'm asking.

Facts may be a little fuzzy on this, but I remember this past yr with Brodeur hurt and Hedberg giving up around 4(?) goals a game over a substantial amount of games, while Kinkaid never got a chance to start a single game, even the 2nd of back-to-backs Hedberg would be trotted out there to get shelled again. Why wouldn't they have at least given him shot with seemingly nothing to lose and most importantly, his ELC expiring? Has Lou already given up on him and will he even be qualified? I don't get it, at all ... seems like poor asset management to me not even getting a look at a guy you've invested 2 yrs in.

As for Wedgewood, assuming Frazee is gone (ironically he was on my team when I took it over, but not for long) I'm really looking forward to him in the AHL next season ... I think he has very good potential, and as a major bonus his puck-handling ability would seamlessly replace that component of Brodeur's game, allowing for zero system change if desired.

Most stuff I've read talks of plan A being someone will be brought in when Brodeur retires, almost as if the prospects aren't even prospects, or in some cases, literally not even mentioned by name.

So what do you guys see as probable long-term in the crease?

Thanks!

Puckerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
we drafted a goalie?

vCash: 369
Wedgewood is where I would go. 2 years from now he may get some work.

Q: How do you think the unthinkable?
A: With an itheberg.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 12:02 AM
goalvalchuk17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckerz View Post
I'm in a 30 team keeper league (deep, very deep!) where Goalies are very highly valued ... took on a team 2 yrs ago that needed depth and the first moves I made were getting Kinkaid and Wedgewood as the Devils seemed like the best "opportunity to play soon."

I searched both guys here and pretty much found nothing, especially on Kinkaid, so this where I'm asking.

Facts may be a little fuzzy on this, but I remember this past yr with Brodeur hurt and Hedberg giving up around 4(?) goals a game over a substantial amount of games, while Kinkaid never got a chance to start a single game, even the 2nd of back-to-backs Hedberg would be trotted out there to get shelled again. Why wouldn't they have at least given him shot with seemingly nothing to lose and most importantly, his ELC expiring? Has Lou already given up on him and will he even be qualified? I don't get it, at all ... seems like poor asset management to me not even getting a look at a guy you've invested 2 yrs in.

As for Wedgewood, assuming Frazee is gone (ironically he was on my team when I took it over, but not for long) I'm really looking forward to him in the AHL next season ... I think he has very good potential, and as a major bonus his puck-handling ability would seamlessly replace that component of Brodeur's game, allowing for zero system change if desired.

Most stuff I've read talks of plan A being someone will be brought in when Brodeur retires, almost as if the prospects aren't even prospects, or in some cases, literally not even mentioned by name.

So what do you guys see as probable long-term in the crease?

Thanks!
almost everybody on here wanted kinkaid to play while brodeur was injured and hedberg wasn't doing great. why he didn't at least get a start is beyond me. we missed the playoffs anyway. i'm thinking we bring in a free agent temporarily and then go to wedgewood when he's ready. i think he'll be a decent starter when ready.

goalvalchuk17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 05:19 PM
Devils Dominion
Make the Devils

Who is left?

Old
07-02-2013, 02:08 AM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

vCash: 50
Jets fan here, was coming over respectfully to look for a bit of info on Clarkson, and found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
TOP-TEN THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT DAVID CLARKSON

1) He falls down a lot

2) He's a deceptively talented fighter, but now that he thinks he's an Art Ross Trophy candidate, he doesn't fight anymore.

3) He has two offensive moves, and two offensive moves only:
Move a) Wrap-around
Move b) Toe-drag

4) He will shoot from the parking lot (of the practice rink arena).

5) He is physically incapable of passing, a born puck hog (GENUS: Sus SPECIES: Puckhogicus).

6) He seems like a genuinely nice young man.

7) On or off the ice, he is not a threat to cure cancer.

8) There are a handful of NHL GMs that seem to have a raging ***** in their pants for him.

9) He's always the last player off the ice and shoots a puck into the open net before games.

10) He once scored 30 goals in a season (and he will never do it again, and once he realizes that, he will be a very effective player again).
I don't think he fits with us at all, we're looking for a RW to play with Kane, and two puck hogs on one line isn't very good. Kane also does the stupid wraparound when he has 1-2 of his team mates wide open. That's probably the most juvenile play in hockey. Although the fact Clarkson goes for dirty goals is nice (only Ladd seems to on the Jets). We could use someone that sits in front of the net on the PP. I just don't think he's what we're looking for.

Always loved the Devils brand of hockey, you guys always seemed to have a unique system. I love the 3 man on blue line dump and chase. Just creates utter chaos. How LL got Schneider is pure wizardry as well.

Cheers

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 02:38 AM
KohoDonuts88
THANK YOU LOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Terreri wasn't dreadful all the time in big playoff games. He stepped in for Marty against Boston in 94. I believe he started games 3 and 4 after Marty started the first 2 games, and we went down 2 games to 0. Marty was taken out after giving up 6 goals in game 2 of that series, and Terreri started the next two. Marty was very poor in game 2 of that series in a 6-5 loss. I'm pretty sure Terreri's first game he was fantastic, and then the next one was a real nailbiter. I remember not being pleased with him, and it was like a 5-4 win. Marty got a shutout in game 5, and Terreri somehow ended back up in there for the game 6 clincher. I don't remember why though.
Terreri always played really well at the Boston Garden. Or so the story goes.

KohoDonuts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Devils Player Tattoos

Was watching a video of Brodeur playing NHL14 and noticed he has a tattoo on his inner biceps. I can't make out what it is (if anyone knows would be great), but this got me wondering about other Devils, past & present, and their ink.

Mory Schneideur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Cool infograph of the Devils history, http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=90839

Burns needs a mention though.

Devilsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Hi Devil's fans. I have a question about Loktionov -- I am a fan of him and his skill, but will he get the playing time in NJ? Does DeBoer favor him? Do you think he is a candidate for healthy-scratching?

Thanks

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 10:28 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

He certainly got his time last season and he did fairly well. That said I highly doubt he's a lock for the team. It all depends on what he shows in camp and early in the season. He could possibly get top 6 time or he could be a healthy scratch.

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 06:57 AM
NC107*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Hi Devil's fans. I have a question about Loktionov -- I am a fan of him and his skill, but will he get the playing time in NJ? Does DeBoer favor him? Do you think he is a candidate for healthy-scratching?

Thanks

I like to see him between Elias and Jagr.

NC107* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieharddevilsfan30 View Post
If anyone could tell me what the Devils line combinations were during our 2000 Stanley cup run, it would be much appreciated thanks.
....just in case you were looking for an answer two months later....I think these were generally the lines, although I'm not entirely sure about the LWs outside of Elias. I seem to recall Nemchinov flanking Gomez and Holik at different times.

Elias-Arnott-Sykora
Brylin-Gomez-Mogilny
Pandolfo-Holik-Lemieux
Nemchinov-Madden-McKay

Stevens-Rafalski
Daneyko-Niedermayer
White-Malakhov

Brodeur-Terreri

PP1: Arnott-Holik-Elias-Sykora-Rafalski (Arnott and Sykora would alternate at the point)

PP2: Lemieux-Gomez-Mogilny-Niedermayer-Malakhov (I still remember being amazed how often Malakhov would lug the puck out of the zone and how Niedermayer would usually give him the puck given how good Niedermayer himself was at it).

--------------------------------------

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...27&postcount=4

Stumbled on an interesting thread on the History board about Pavel Bure and the 1989 Draft. There are some fascinating details about Bobby Holik as well (the above post is all about Holik at the time).

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 11:20 PM
hefsbeaver

Could someone fill me in on josefson(sp?) just picked him up in a keeper pool for a really late 2nd rounder? Thanks oh and you should all love Schneider he rocks

hefsbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefsbeaver View Post
Could someone fill me in on josefson(sp?) just picked him up in a keeper pool for a really late 2nd rounder? Thanks oh and you should all love Schneider he rocks
He's almost definitely an NHL caliber player but Jah knows in what capacity. He's had trouble scoring in the NHL, but he's also had a number of injury troubles so there's never been a large consecutive sample of his to really judge him by. He's got great defensive awareness and hockey sense, could be anywhere from a fourth to second line center depending on how he handles playing with good players. Jacques Lemaire raved about him and Deboer liked him enough to have him centering Kovalchuk to start the 11-12 season, so there's clearly something he's doing right.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Devils Dominion
Make the Devils

I had never noticed that just before Rupp's 2003 Game-7 goal, Friesen hustled his tail off to get to the puck to waive off an icing call.

Old
09-07-2013, 12:46 PM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

Random question..

Did Clarkson play on Kovalchuk's line the past couple of years?

snizzbone is online now   Reply With Quote