HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

47th Obsequious Banter Thread - Patrick Thoresen is Titanium

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2013, 12:51 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
You might want to look into the fluid dynamics of metal coins. It might be more unsatisfying than expected.
you mean this?

Old
06-24-2013, 01:11 PM
bennysflyers16

Question for all you locals or folks living in big markets that have been to lots of big name sporting events ( Flyers, Phillies, Eagles etc)

What are some of the coolest promotional things you have seen while entering the stadiums or rinks ?

Anything to do with give away's or contests etc .

Any info would be appreciated !!

Old
06-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Question for all you locals or folks living in big markets that have been to lots of big name sporting events ( Flyers, Phillies, Eagles etc)

What are some of the coolest promotional things you have seen while entering the stadiums or rinks ?

Only good "promotions" I've seen at Skins and Caps games are the cheap, weird hats sold by street vendors/hobos.

The Nationals had a free hat night last season and they gave away legit, good quality hats. A 25 dollar ticket got me a 30 dollar hat. I try really hard to hate the Nationals but they make it hard to do.

06-24-2013, 01:47 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post

I like the t-shirts the Flyers give away during the playoffs. I have 4 or 5 of them and I feel like they are some of my favorites.

Bobbleheads at the Phillies games are cool to get as well.

06-24-2013, 03:22 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Only good "promotions" I've seen at Skins and Caps games are the cheap, weird hats sold by street vendors/hobos.

The Nationals had a free hat night last season and they gave away legit, good quality hats. A 25 dollar ticket got me a 30 dollar hat. I try really hard to hate the Nationals but they make it hard to do.
Their AA team has pretty sweet promotions. For a while they were giving away one flat screen TV per game, and a crazy promotion where you can win $10k or something if you catch a ball while sitting in a lifeguard stand in the LF bleachers.

Old
06-27-2013, 04:54 PM
JVR21
G

vCash: 500
John Smallwood on DNL is impossible to watch.

Old
06-27-2013, 07:02 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
you mean this?

Ha ha! Thanks for sharing this. Oh, cartoons, is there any life lesson you cannot teach?

Old
06-27-2013, 08:38 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

tonight and tomorrow we will be under our 3rd flood watch in June. A storm yesterday dumped about 2 inches of rain. another 2 inches is expected tonight and tomorrow.
it is summer right?

Old
06-27-2013, 10:55 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
tonight and tomorrow we will be under our 3rd flood watch in June. A storm yesterday dumped about 2 inches of rain. another 2 inches is expected tonight and tomorrow.
it is summer right?
I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully nothing serious comes of the rain.

Old
06-28-2013, 07:26 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

I just got my first motorcycle last Friday and it has rained every ****ing day since.

..and I still put 300 miles on the *****

Old
06-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Krishna

Finally found a place to sell me a whole raw pig for a roast. Can't wait to do the 100 pound pig next week

Old
07-05-2013, 06:14 PM
KVLLE

Fired up a new GM in NHL 13 again, did some balls-out and brainless trades for quick fun.

Resulted in Magnus Pääjärvi, Teemu Hartikainen, Dmitry Kulikov, Dainius Zubrus and Eric Gryba becoming Flyers + snatched up three first round picks. Gonna see how this pans out

Old
07-08-2013, 12:13 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
So just wanted to throw this out there, completely crazy. Don't understand the love that "football" gets in these countries. I f-in love hockey, but I wouldn't start a fight over it, let alone this.

Quote:
SAO PAULO -- Police say enraged spectators invaded a football field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body after he stabbed a player to death.

The Public Safety Department of the state of Maranhao says in a statement that it all started when referee Otavio da Silva expelled player Josenir Abreu from a game last weekend. The two got into a fist fight, then Silva took out a knife and stabbed Abreu, who died on his way to the hospital.

The statement issued this week says Abreu's friends and relatives immediately "rushed into the field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body."

Local news media say the spectators also decapitated Silva and stuck his head on a stake in the middle of the field.

Police have arrested one suspect.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3555436.html

Old
07-08-2013, 12:17 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
So just wanted to throw this out there, completely crazy. Don't understand the love that "football" gets in these countries. I f-in love hockey, but I wouldn't start a fight over it, let alone this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3555436.html
I love how the "oh yeah they decapitated the ref and stuck his head thru a stake at center field" was a throw in sentence. NBD!

Old
07-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

I'd say everyone involved may have overreacted a bit.

Old
07-08-2013, 12:36 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Well fortunately the Ace Hardware ad is finally gone, or the same Internet equivalent reaction might have happened here.

Old
07-10-2013, 04:06 PM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Panotch's last tweet was really weird...

Quote:
Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN 1m
Pronger (the cat) took a look at me and puked all over the carpet. again. then walked away.
He named his cat Pronger?

Old
07-10-2013, 04:07 PM
SolidSnakeUS

That's really creepy if it is...

Old
07-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

I hate when reporters use their official twitter for their personal drivel. Though I suppose Panaccio barely counts as a professional to begin with.

Old
07-12-2013, 10:23 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
If anyone is interested in a 16 team Fantasy Football keeper league with a draft here on HFBoards, let me know. Looking for GMs ASAP.

Old
07-12-2013, 10:33 PM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

A little background on this ^ League

Hey Boys! Im currently conducting a 16 team dynasty fantasy football league over in the fantasy football section on page 2, In case you do not know what a dynasty league is, it is very similar to a keeper league in that instead of only picking a few players to keep you retain your whole roster season to season. There will be a 2 round entry draft each season to place the incoming rookies. We are currently in round 5 and we have 2 teams open. The BearHawks and Harbaugh's Heroes, come take a peek and if you would like to claim a team or just ask a question feel free to shoot me a PM

Draft

Thanks!

07-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Coffe

So how long until Usain Bolt is caught?

Old
07-14-2013, 07:11 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffe View Post
So how long until Usain Bolt is caught?
Doesn't have a PED/HGH/Roid body. Just freakishly lanky. I go with never.

Old
07-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Hollywood Couturier

So I walk out to my car today (in Philly) to see that my passenger side window was smashed in and my car was broken into. I called the cops immediately only for them to tell me to make the report over the phone. I get that they have better things to do then come to look at a break in into a car that happened hours before, but how are they ever supposed to catch the guy?

Anyway, back to the story. While i'm on the phone with the police my girlfriend was cleaning out the broken glass inside the car. After finishing up my phone call and her finishing up her cleaning. We decided that we'd go to my dad's house, because I don't want to leave my car with no window in the city. Once I was about to drive off my girlfriend placed a flashlight into the cupholder of my car. I noticed that this wasn't mine, nor had I ever seen it before. Obviously it must be the guy who broke in's.

The police department was right around the corner so I decided to bring it there so they could do something with it. I walked in and the guy told me to call a detective so that's what I did. The detective told me that I should go back to the PD and have them fingerprint it and all that jazz because they do that there.

I went back into the PD and a lady at the desk comes up to the window and I explain the situation. She starts yelling at me "Why you keep coming back here?" so I explain it again. She then went on to say that they can't do anything with it until the police report goes through. Which I thought was BS considering I had blatant evidence regarding the police report that really held no information that could help them catch anyone.

I walked out and called the detective again. He voiced how ridiculous it was that they wouldn't take it and said that I could bring the flashlight to him directly and he would handle it. I did so and the first thing that he said when we met was "some people just don't want to do their jobs." which couldn't have been said any better.

Long story short, how the hell do they expect to find anything if they won't even bother to take evidence? Sure the detective could just throw it away now and that would honestly be fine by me. I just don't get how they refused to take it.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
07-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

It's harder to investigate things than it is to just catch people in the act, I guess.

Still, you would think they'd be eager to get the fingerprints on record; or they're already filed, boom, crime solved!...though I guess for all they know you might just be trying to screw someone over.

Closed Thread