HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Offseason Thread Part IV: SCF, end. Trades, begin.

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2013, 12:24 PM
cacchioli22

vCash: 500
I feel we have 2 major holes a top 6 winger and a 3 line center. It would be nice if lindberg or milller could step in but im not sure if they are ready, i also dont think boyle should be more than a 4c

Old
06-24-2013, 12:24 PM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Asham is one of those 4th line guys we actually want, people just don't like him in that spot because he's not a new face.

Guy has plenty of skill and is a pretty good skate, very mobile and somewhat shifty. He's not a duster either he can actually score goals and has a great shot.

Is it because he's not a behemoth? I know everyone is infatuated with Boston's 4th line, but we're not Boston and or fourth line can be similar without having exact replicas of those players.

Old
06-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Kwayry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Asham is one of those 4th line guys we actually want, people just don't like him in that spot because he's not a new face.

Guy has plenty of skill and is a pretty good skate, very mobile and somewhat shifty. He's not a duster either he can actually score goals and has a great shot.

Is it because he's not a behemoth? I know everyone is infatuated with Boston's 4th line, but we're not Boston and or fourth line can be similar without having exact replicas of those players.
My main concern with him is he is 33 and has chronic back issues.

Old
06-24-2013, 12:45 PM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
My main concern with him is he is 33 and has chronic back issues.
I agree, but if we go into the season with him on our fourth line I'm not going to kick a cat or anything. People want to bring in like 4 bottom six guys, it's silly. We need a top 6 LW and 3c. Asham-Boyle-Dorsett is a very good 4th, if Asham breaks down we have Haley whom I personally think could fill that role. If not we can look at a trade.

Old
06-24-2013, 12:52 PM
MacTruck

http://snyrangersblog.com/2012-13-pl...her-yesterday/

Richards reportedly told his caddy that he was told he won't be bought out.

Golfed with Messier yesterday. Must've been an anti-Rangers front office party

Old
06-24-2013, 12:55 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

I don't mind seeing if Richards can bounce back and not look like a liability out there, but I swear if he gets hurt and he can't be bought out next offseason, I might break something very expensive.

Old
06-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Pizza

It's all about needs at this point, IMO.

The Rangers actually have some guys that can score, have solid D and goal keep.
Buy out Richards.
Free up cash to help lock in critical guys.
Stay away from more dreadful FA signings.

Go out and get a good young big man with upside, i.e. Coyle, Folgino or Matthias.

This will create space for your other skill guys. Strengthen depth on forward lines. Do what it takes with in reason to get it done. It will be painful but worth it imo.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:25 PM
Lundsanity30

Figured this as so. At worst he's an overpaid 3c which is still a need

Old
06-24-2013, 01:27 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Everyone's projected line ups don't include Richards. What would one with him look like?

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Clowe/FA/Trade-Richards-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Brassard-Callahan
Asham/Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett

I just don't see it. I can't see Stepan being demoted to the 3rd line to take the defensive start draws after the season he had. Brassard isn't the best for that role either. Boyle is a stretch. Richards would be a disaster if he doesn't get his head out of his ass.

I'm rooting for him to do well, I really am. I just don't see how he fits here after Torts' firing. He and Boyle are the biggest Torts guys. I wouldn't be shocked to see neither on the team next year. New coach. New philosophy. Purge out the Torts guys and bring in new blood.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
I don't mind seeing if Richards can bounce back and not look like a liability out there, but I swear if he gets hurt and he can't be bought out next offseason, I might break something very expensive.
At least he doesn't play the game real hard. I will eat crow if he does but the risk of him getting injured enough where we can't buy him out is not that great imo

Old
06-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Thirty One
k.

vCash: 420
Not sure how much I trust this caddy. It's not Richards decision anyways.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:32 PM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

Here is the Vigneault quote from last Friday

Quote:
"Up front, I believe there's the potential for two real solid offensive lines," Vigneault added. "After that, in talking to Glen, we feel we've got a couple of good, young kids that are close, that are going to prove if they're NHL-bound with training camp and those exhibition games we have."
http://www.northjersey.com/sports/21..._new_team.html

Old
06-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Not sure how much I trust this caddy. It's not Richards decision anyways.
Maybe he was told by the organization? Lol

Old
06-24-2013, 01:35 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
At least he doesn't play the game real hard. I will eat crow if he does but the risk of him getting injured enough where we can't buy him out is not that great imo
You never know. He could block a shot in the wrong place. Pucks to the eyes and jaws. Richards does wear a visor though. Freak injuries happen. Dan Boyle severed his wrists putting his skates on years ago. It's close to a miracle that he came back and had a career like he did. The Cooke incident on Karlsson. Karlsson may never be the same. He was on the verge of becoming a generational talent before that injury took the explosiveness in his skating away. Time will tell.

Briere was hurt most of the season and he's getting bought out. Compliance buyouts can't happen if a player is on the LTIR. That's why a guy like Pronger can't be bought out, am I right? Paging Rangerboy to clarify this.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:36 PM
silverfish
Bow ties are cool

Quote:
Everyone's projected line ups don't include Richards. What would one with him look like?
Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Hagelin - Brassard - Callahan
Trade* - Richards - Zuccarello
Nystrom - Boyle - Dorsett
Asham

*Del Zotto at the draft for said winger and a 1st rd pick. If NYR has to add a later pick or two to get it done, so be it.

And of course, Hagelin and Callahan might not be ready for opening night. So Thomas in Callahan's spot, and Fast on the third line, swapped with "Trade"

Old
06-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Lundsanity30

So let's say Richards was dtd next year and we got knocked out? Then what

Old
06-24-2013, 01:40 PM
Kwayry

Quote:
You never know. He could block a shot in the wrong place. Pucks to the eyes and jaws. Richards does wear a visor though. Freak injuries happen. Dan Boyle severed his wrists putting his skates on years ago. It's close to a miracle that he came back and had a career like he did. The Cooke incident on Karlsson. Karlsson may never be the same. He was on the verge of becoming a generational talent before that injury took the explosiveness in his skating away. Time will tell.

Briere was hurt most of the season and he's getting bought out. Compliance buyouts can't happen if a player is on the LTIR. That's why a guy like Pronger can't be bought out, am I right? Paging Rangerboy to clarify this.
I think all that is needed is to be cleared by a doctor.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:44 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
So let's say Richards was dtd next year and we got knocked out? Then what
Let's say he needs surgery like Callahan, Hagelin and MDZ did. Then what?

No matter what Richards does this year, it isn't worth the risk of getting stuck with him.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:45 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
I think all that is needed is to be cleared by a doctor.
So say (hypothetically), the Rangers wanted to buy Clowe out (pretend he still has years on his contract). If the Rangers doctors cleared him to play today, he could be bought out even though he missed playoff games with concussion issues?

Old
06-24-2013, 01:46 PM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

Quote:
The No. 1 buyout candidate is Mikael Samuelsson, who was a non-factor this past season, felled by one injury after another. He has a year left at $3 million, money that could be well used toward funding a top-six forward.

There’s a hurdle, though: As of now, Samuelsson isn’t healthy, and that makes him ineligible for the buyout. General manager Ken Holland said earlier in the week that Samuelsson has been told by doctors in the past two weeks that surgery is not required for the latest injury, which involved a sore pectoral muscle/shoulder. The best the Wings can hope for is that Samuelsson heals in the next 10 days, though it doesn’t take a conspiracy theorist to see that for the player, there would be motivation to fight against being cleared
http://www.freep.com/article/2013062...zzi-colaiacovo

If Chicago wins the Cup,that's #5 for them. They surpass the Rangers who have 4. The lowest Cup victories from the original 6 teams. Boston has 6. Detroit has 11. Leafs have 13. Last one in 67. Montreal has 24.

The Rangers are run by ass monkeys.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:46 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Let's say he needs surgery like Callahan, Hagelin and MDZ did. Then what?

No matter what Richards does this year, it isn't worth the risk of getting stuck with him.
I'm saying does it have to be a rather serious injury?

Old
06-24-2013, 01:49 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Some guy from Caddyshack is a reliable source? Richards gotta go for the luv of beJesus, cannot risk it!

Old
06-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

Quote:
The irony being, of course, that you breaking something very expensive would be a direct response to a very expensive broken thing.

Swish.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Kwayry

Quote:
So say (hypothetically), the Rangers wanted to buy Clowe out (pretend he still has years on his contract). If the Rangers doctors cleared him to play today, he could be bought out even though he missed playoff games with concussion issues?
Yes, as long as he has medical clearance.
The article that rb posted is the one I was going to post.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://www.freep.com/article/2013062...zzi-colaiacovo

If Chicago wins the Cup,that's #5 for them. They surpass the Rangers who have 4. The lowest Cup victories from the original 6 teams. Boston has 6. Detroit has 11. Leafs have 13. Last one in 67. Montreal has 24.

The Rangers are run by ass monkeys.
In other news, the sky is blue, water is wet.

Closed Thread