HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does Hiring Vigneault Mean a Reprieve for Brad Richards?

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I really do not see the ability on the Nuck's to be a great team. Vancouver with the roster they have, and not mention the injuries they had this season, just should not compete with Chi, Bos, Pitt and co to be honest.

They are atleast one elite forward and one elite D from competing.
If Vancouver's roster wasnt good enough the last couple of years, where does that put the Rangers?

Its unbelievable that Vigneault gets a pass because of limited personnel and the last 2 Rangers coaches got destroyed for stifling the roster. This is truly bizarro world

Old
06-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
If Vancouver's roster wasnt good enough the last couple of years, where does that put the Rangers?

Its unbelievable that Vigneault gets a pass because of limited personnel and the last 2 Rangers coaches got destroyed for stifling the roster. This is truly bizarro world
You can't have limited personnel and stifle what you've got?

Old
06-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Apple Juice

Quote:

Our roster was essentially the same from 2011. Only difference? And a huge one? Heart. Our guys didn't play with any heart or motivation to get back to the Finals to win the Cup. Only guy who actually tried? Roberto Luongo.

Everyone else, and yes, including fan favourites Alex Burrows and Ryan Kesler, can go ***** themselves a new hole if they don't come out this season and played some inspired hockey.

Old
06-18-2013, 01:56 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

2 letters, 1 word

NO

Old
06-24-2013, 12:14 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

http://snyrangersblog.com/2012-13-pl...her-yesterday/

For the record, I think Messier has as much say in Richards' fate as Richards does but this is a little concerning. Still think it makes too much fiscal sense not to buy him out this summer but who knows with this organization?

Also, not sure I would trust the word of a caddy, certainly wouldn't bet my life on it. Maybe stan the caddy can weigh in here about whether this caddy is a worthy source?

Old
06-24-2013, 12:35 PM
stan the caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
http://snyrangersblog.com/2012-13-pl...her-yesterday/

For the record, I think Messier has as much say in Richards' fate as Richards does but this is a little concerning. Still think it makes too much fiscal sense not to buy him out this summer but who knows with this organization?

Also, not sure I would trust the word of a caddy, certainly wouldn't bet my life on it. Maybe stan the caddy can weigh in here about whether this caddy is a worthy source?

I've actually played Bayonne. Super tough golf course and irrc I had the caddy on the left. I think he was caddying for a woman on the LPGA tour as well as putting in some hours at Bayonne.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:46 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Bill Murray chasing gophers does not sound reliable to me. Richards must go, heave ho!

Old
06-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Green Blob*

It was previous obvious he wasnt going to be bought out this season. At least for me so no surprise.

Old
06-24-2013, 04:06 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
It was previous obvious he wasnt going to be bought out this season. At least for me so no surprise.
How? Please explain how it was obvious to you when he had a crap season and his coach was **** canned. And the amnesty buyout.

Old
06-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

There are very few tea leaves to read, don't see how anyone not involved in the decision can say one way or the other with any certainty.

Old
06-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Juice View Post
Our roster was essentially the same from 2011. Only difference? And a huge one? Heart. Our guys didn't play with any heart or motivation to get back to the Finals to win the Cup. Only guy who actually tried? Roberto Luongo.

Everyone else, and yes, including fan favourites Alex Burrows and Ryan Kesler, can go ***** themselves a new hole if they don't come out this season and played some inspired hockey.
Can't discount the loss of Ehrhoff and Kesler being chronically injured. Also the Sedins have regressed.

Old
06-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Can't discount the loss of Ehrhoff and Kesler being chronically injured. Also the Sedins have regressed.
Uhoh, I think that means the Vigneault's coaching ability has regressed too, if I understand the arguments being made on this board correctly.

Old
06-24-2013, 05:34 PM
Ola

Quote:

I go by what I see on the ice. We were never great under Torts. We had one good year, in which we looked horrible for the first two months, played well, not great, from around December to early Feb before going downhill the rest of the way (barely beating the 8th and 7th seed before loosing against a MUCh better looking NJD in the conference finals). We shouldn't talk about offense, because we never had any. But let's talk defense. We had almost a handful major breakdowns per period under Torts. We never hit. 1-2 big hits per season. Our players never retaliated, out stars were getting runned. Our PK were downright awful this season save for Hank.

Why should we let Torts coach this team out of the 20 candidates out there maybe? Before coaching us, Torts finnished 30th overall. This year, with three superstar scorers, Hank, great blueline, homegrown depth, torts got us to the 8th spot. IN THE EAST.

Our system was the laughing stock of the league.

I just don't get why he should be our coach next season. So many defends him. I just fail to see the argument.

Old
06-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Loffen
Cup mode: ON

I know it is a ***** ass excuse, but maybe the lockout really affected Brad? I can't remember hearing anything about him playing or working out during that time...

Old
06-24-2013, 05:55 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
I know it is a ***** ass excuse, but maybe the lockout really affected Brad? I can't remember hearing anything about him playing or working out during that time...
Boyle admitted that he wasn't ready at the start of the season, but he really picked things up at the end.

The problem with that line of thinking for Richards is that he never really looked good at any point during the season. And it just got worse in the playoffs.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I go by what I see on the ice. We were never great under Torts. We had one good year, in which we looked horrible for the first two months, played well, not great, from around December to early Feb before going downhill the rest of the way (barely beating the 8th and 7th seed before loosing against a MUCh better looking NJD in the conference finals). We shouldn't talk about offense, because we never had any. But let's talk defense. We had almost a handful major breakdowns per period under Torts. We never hit. 1-2 big hits per season. Our players never retaliated, out stars were getting runned. Our PK were downright awful this season save for Hank.

Why should we let Torts coach this team out of the 20 candidates out there maybe? Before coaching us, Torts finnished 30th overall. This year, with three superstar scorers, Hank, great blueline, homegrown depth, torts got us to the 8th spot. IN THE EAST.

Our system was the laughing stock of the league.

I just don't get why he should be our coach next season. So many defends him. I just fail to see the argument.
we finished 8th?

where did Ottawa and the Isles finish then?

Old
06-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
How? Please explain how it was obvious to you when he had a crap season and his coach was **** canned. And the amnesty buyout.
I did in the thread already.

Old
06-25-2013, 07:22 AM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Blobstradamus

Old
06-25-2013, 08:23 AM
LetterJ

Zipay weighs in, basically advocating what others here have been saying for weeks concerning Brad:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...walk-1.5560398

Old
06-25-2013, 08:33 AM
Vitto79

honestly if they didnt run the risk of getting screwed on the cap if Richards got hurt then I would say keep him this yr because its not like the UFA's are going to be much better

Thing is that's not the case and they could get screwed if they dont buy him out know so with that he has to go

keep all of the RFA's and still have money to spend on a few UFA bodies. Hopefully a kid surprises like Fast, Lindberg,etc

I really dont mind going in with the same team just a new coaching style

At the same time Sather is crazy and I could see Staal and say Pyatt, later pick to Caroina for Faulk and the 5th

It gives McD, DZ, Moore, Girardi, Faulk, Stralman.

Some say the 5th pick is too high but did J.Staal not get a 7th overall or something close?

Old
06-25-2013, 09:49 AM
McSauer
Defense Wins Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
honestly if they didnt run the risk of getting screwed on the cap if Richards got hurt then I would say keep him this yr because its not like the UFA's are going to be much better

Thing is that's not the case and they could get screwed if they dont buy him out know so with that he has to go

keep all of the RFA's and still have money to spend on a few UFA bodies. Hopefully a kid surprises like Fast, Lindberg,etc

I really dont mind going in with the same team just a new coaching style

At the same time Sather is crazy and I could see Staal and say Pyatt, later pick to Caroina for Faulk and the 5th

It gives McD, DZ, Moore, Girardi, Faulk, Stralman.

Some say the 5th pick is too high but did J.Staal not get a 7th overall or something close?
I've been mulling that idea around too (+/- Pyatt, becuase he's dead weight, but if we can get rid of him in the process you do it)...

Question is: who do you see us taking @ 5? Very intriguing...

Old
06-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
The guy could put up 100 points next season and you'll still have to buy him out. And if he puts up those 100 points in the first 81 games and gets injured in game 82, the salary structure of the team is ****ed for the last three years of the deal (if not longer). Not worth the risk.

There's no debate here. He will retire before that contract expires, and therefore the Rangers will get hit on the cap for significant dollars. There's simply no choice.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:10 AM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
The guy could put up 100 points next season and you'll still have to buy him out. And if he puts up those 100 points in the first 81 games and gets injured in game 82, the salary structure of the team is ****ed for the last three years of the deal (if not longer). Not worth the risk.

There's no debate here. He will retire before that contract expires, and therefore the Rangers will get hit on the cap for significant dollars. There's simply no choice.
The risk of being screwed greatly outweighs the positives. He needs to be bought out.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:14 AM
LetterJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
The risk of being screwed greatly outweighs the positives. He needs to be bought out.
And yet, according to the last that we heard yesterday (via the caddy at Bayonne), Brad says that he is NOT getting bought out this year. I think it comes down to a business decision in the sense that Jimmy D wants another year out of Brad before the inevitable buyout -- whether that decision is one full of risk or not.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:15 AM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterJ View Post
And yet, according to the last that we heard yesterday (the caddy at Bayonne), Brad says that he is NOT getting bought out this year. I think it comes down to a business decision in the sense that Jimmy D wants another year out of Brad before the inevitable buyout -- whether that decision is one full of risk or not.
Do you really trust a caddy that much? I wouldn't trust anything these guys have to say right now. For all we know we're being fed junk. This is a terrible decision, and it will be even worse if he gets injured.

Closed Thread