HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks win the Cup/Boston loses the cup?

Old
06-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Dont Poke Subban

vCash: 500
Whew.. when do we see our players say what their names are, where they're from and who their favorite players were growing up..

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 10:46 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Been clamoring for the Habs to try and get this guy for 2 years now... He's gonna get paid real good. Unfortunately, it might not be with us...
We have the caproom now, a team on the rise and he'll be a gauranteed first liner for us. Plus he knows MB. I'd say we're probably one of his first choices if he doesn't stay in Chicago.

Plekanec
Gallagher
Galchenyuk
Eller
DD
Pacioretty
Bickell
Gionta
Prust
etc

Mix and match that into a top9. Beautiful

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 10:47 PM
Andy

Hawks just had too much skill for the Bruins in the end. No matter how much the Bruins clogged the neutral zone and protected the blueline, the Hawks always found the seams and lanes and broke through with their speed. The only way to contain the Hawks was to keep them in their zone and their big-guns away from the puck, but even at that, it just wasn't enough.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 10:47 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I think he's had more booms than just PK and Gallagher.
Like who? What do you consider a boom?

A guy like Sergei Kostitsyn or Matt D'Agostini, who end up as mere tweeners in the big league?

A guy like White who just does that - making the league?

One could say Pacioretty was a "boom" pick, considering we reached to get him according to some and that he ended up all right.

But when I look at teams like Boston (Marchand, Lucic, Krejci, Bergeron) or Chicago (Shaw, Bickell, Keith, Crawford, Hjalmarsson, formerly a guy like Byfuglien...), I think we're still behind them in that aspect. We're not bad, but we still have some work to do.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 10:48 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Why do people think Bickell will come to Montreal just because he knows MB? I don't get this. He's going to go where he will get paid and where he will get ice time.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 10:49 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Maybe wait to judge a player until he's had a shift in the pros.
Let's accumulate the Kristo's! We'll beat them with our speed! And if it doesn't work out, we'll be fiesty like Kristo and throw pucks at the other bench!

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 10:51 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Like who? What do you consider a boom?

A guy like Sergei Kostitsyn or Matt D'Agostini, who end up as mere tweeners in the big league?

A guy like White who just does that - making the league?

One could say Pacioretty was a "boom" pick, considering we reached to get him according to some and that he ended up all right.

But when I look at teams like Boston (Marchand, Lucic, Krejci, Bergeron) or Chicago (Shaw, Bickell, Keith, Crawford, Hjalmarsson, formerly a guy like Byfuglien...), I think we're still behind them in that aspect. We're not bad, but we still have some work to do.
Halak
Streit
Max
McDonaugh

off the top of my head. I also think we have had development issues. You can look at Hjalmarsson, Crawford, Keith, etc. But Chicago seems to have people that knew wtf they were doing on the player development front. Just look at how Price was rushed. We absolutely sucked in that regard. So, I wonder what some of Timmins' other picks that didn't work out would have done if they were actually developed properly.

Old
06-24-2013, 10:52 PM
Andy

Love the cbc montages!

Old
06-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Dont Poke Subban

Quote:
Why do people think Bickell will come to Montreal just because he knows MB? I don't get this. He's going to go where he will get paid and where he will get ice time.
You dont think Bickell will get ice time in montreal? Knowing someone from other organization can have a big impact in player's decision. Besides I dont think Bickell gets paid more than 4mil a season.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 10:54 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Hawks just had too much skill for the Bruins in the end. No matter how much the Bruins clogged the neutral zone and protected the blueline, the Hawks always found the seams and lanes and broke through with their speed. The only way to contain the Hawks was to keep them in their zone and their big-guns away from the puck, but even at that, it just wasn't enough.
Yup. If the NHL didn't change the rules in the playoffs, Hawks win in 5 maybe 4. So much crap that was not called on the Bruins. Props to the Hawks for playing through that garbage.

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 10:56 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Couldn't have asked for a better finish. Bruins snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Honestly, the Cup could have gone either way. Glad I was wrong (thought Bruins would win it all).

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 10:56 PM
deandebean

Habs are not close right now, but who said they would be anyways? This win is good for the NHL because Chicago's recipe will be copied. And that's great.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 10:57 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
You dont think Bickell will get ice time in montreal? Knowing someone from other organization can have a big impact in player's decision. Besides I dont think Bickell gets paid more than 4mil a season.
He will. I'm just saying those would be the two most important things. Ice time and money. Plus I could see him staying in Chitown.

Old
06-24-2013, 10:58 PM
windycity

Quote:
He will. I'm just saying those would be the two most important things. Ice time and money. Plus I could see him staying in Chitown.
If the $ is close, he'll stay in Chicago

Old
06-24-2013, 10:59 PM
deandebean

As for our team,you guys need patience. It took forever for the Hawks to build a winner. It will take another 3-4 years before we become competitive on a regular basis.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

The first post killed me, looooooooooooooool. Funny guy OP.

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KerryFraser

It was a great final, really and the end of that was a beauty. The best team win but the Bruins is a hell of a team and i think this series could go on one side or the other if the Bruins have won it tonight.

I am just so happy to see the result. And yeah, i was right.

KerryFraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
As for our team,you guys need patience. It took forever for the Hawks to build a winner. It will take another 3-4 years before we become competitive on a regular basis.
let's not forget the Hawks sucked for years and got Kane (#1 overall) and Toews (#3 overall I think) to build off of.

Now kicking myself (again) for not getting season tix 8 years ago when they were easy to get

Last edited by windycity: 06-24-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old
06-24-2013, 11:03 PM
windycity

I'm guessing the parade is Friday, pulling the kids out of camp to go!

Old
06-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
We will never be on the same level then the Chicago Blackhawks or even the dirty Bruins
Seriously?

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 11:07 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
It can't be as definitive as this. Bruins play sane defense, and this is going in game 7. You can come to this conclusion if they get beaten in 5 losing by 3-goal margin each game but not as tight as we've seen. I'd say that the lack of PP production for Bruins has to be a concern. They HAVE to get this going. Priority number one. They fix this, they become incredibly dangerous. That's it. People will say, well the Hawks didn't ahve a good PP, well maybe so....yet, Boston has had a top PK for quite some time now. Their aggressiveness make other teams look like fools. So they'll keep being good if they can keep the assests they have, but now needs to add some pieces for their PP. Even if it means being a little more "slim"....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 11:08 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Seriously?
yeah that's pretty weak. Let's give Bergevin and Co a chance

Old
06-24-2013, 11:10 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
If my team lost on home ice id still stick around, you don't get to watch the cup parade every day.
As a Nucks fan that witnessed that very thing. In that moment, nothing matters. The cup is meaningless and you are just depressed. I watched the aftermath more because it was left on than anything else. It was... a numb feeling.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
It can't be as definitive as this. Bruins play sane defense, and this is going in game 7. You can come to this conclusion if they get beaten in 5 losing by 3-goal margin each game but not as tight as we've seen. I'd say that the lack of PP production for Bruins has to be a concern. They HAVE to get this going. Priority number one. They fix this, they become incredibly dangerous. That's it. People will say, well the Hawks didn't ahve a good PP, well maybe so....yet, Boston has had a top PK for quite some time now. Their aggressiveness make other teams look like fools. So they'll keep being good if they can keep the assests they have, but now needs to add some pieces for their PP. Even if it means being a little more "slim"....
Definitely, I think Boston has problem closing out teams all year. They are great when fighting from behind, one of the best. However, when they have the lead, they have trouble getting that back-breaking goal. PP scoring would go a long way.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Or you need the rest of the league to give you some gifts....Chara....Seguin, Rask, Hamilton, Paille, Campbell, Horton etc.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote