HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

On The OT Side of Things - Nashville/Tennessean

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-10-2006, 05:57 PM
  #26
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers View Post
That sounds like I'm being spoiled after the mortgage I've been playing up here in Calgary.

Lovely!
I'm not sure where he's speaking of, because the two-bedroom I'm looking into for when I move back rents for 1800...but it's in a pretty decent part of town.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 07:03 PM
  #27
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,224
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I'm not sure where he's speaking of, because the two-bedroom I'm looking into for when I move back rents for 1800...but it's in a pretty decent part of town.
I'd likely just go for an apartment style anyway. Living with myself, I'd have more than enough room.

Anything under 800 bucks is going to be a treat.

Not to mention this is all hypothetical, and I'm just sketching a rough budget for if/when I decide to bolt to the States to do some writing after I finish up school.

__________________
Get your copy of FC's 2014 NHL DRAFT GUIDE now!
Don't forget to pick up FC's 2014 Newsletter series too!
Aaron Vickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 07:15 PM
  #28
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers View Post
I'd likely just go for an apartment style anyway. Living with myself, I'd have more than enough room.

Anything under 800 bucks is going to be a treat.

Not to mention this is all hypothetical, and I'm just sketching a rough budget for if/when I decide to bolt to the States to do some writing after I finish up school.
who would have thought...former jackets mod\writer in preds territory

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 07:23 PM
  #29
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,874
vCash: 500
Not many decent apartments in the less than 800 range in good areas of Nashville.

I'd also stay away from Berry Hill, that area has changed in the last 2-3 years.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 07:36 PM
  #30
crossxcheck
Registered User
 
crossxcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashvegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
My friend rented a 2 bedroom house near belmont for around $1000 and there are numerous houses in the $800-$1200 range in east nashville.

NMK: If you're considering paying $1800 in rent for a house, you might as well look into buying one. I own a nice two bedroom 5 miles from downtown in east nashville and my mortgage is around half of that!

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 07:41 PM
  #31
crossxcheck
Registered User
 
crossxcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashvegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
try looking here for an idea of prices: http://nashville.craigslist.org/apa/

There are several 2-BR homes in the $1000 range in decent areas.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2006, 08:07 PM
  #32
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,224
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
who would have thought...former jackets mod\writer in preds territory
More the writer than the mod. I don't think I've edited or 'modded' more than two posts in my entire life!

But yeah, go where they'll take you!

And for the record, I picked Vokoun in every hockey pool I am in this year (not that its helped much, or at all!)

Aaron Vickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 01:58 PM
  #33
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,224
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Here's where I've managed to get in.

HI SELECT NASHVILLE-VANDERBILT
2613 WEST END AVE
NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE 37203

Anything closer aside from the Holiday Inn and Union Station?

Aaron Vickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 05:07 PM
  #34
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers View Post
Here's where I've managed to get in.

HI SELECT NASHVILLE-VANDERBILT
2613 WEST END AVE
NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE 37203

Anything closer aside from the Holiday Inn and Union Station?
that's a pretty nice place, i've stayed there a couple of times(curiously, while i was living in nashville.)

The Hilton downtown, next to the arena, is pretty close as well...but is pretty expensive. For what you want, this should be fine. There's a Wendy's and McDonalds within walking distance for easy meals, as well.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 06:59 PM
  #35
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
that's a pretty nice place, i've stayed there a couple of times(curiously, while i was living in nashville.)

The Hilton downtown, next to the arena, is pretty close as well...but is pretty expensive. For what you want, this should be fine. There's a Wendy's and McDonalds within walking distance for easy meals, as well.
It's also where the prospects and some team staff were staying during the NHL Draft in 2004. I just happened to be in Nashville at the same time and stayed at the hotel...when they told me that "hockey players for the draft" were staying there and asked me if it was OK...I nearly jumped and said "definitely".

Just down the street across from Wendy's you have P.F. Chang's (high-end Chinese), Fleming's Steakhouse, Atlanta Bread & Company (bakery, sandwiches, salads, and more), Starbucks (aren't they everywhere?), and a nice Barnes and Noble bookstore.

Plenty of places to spend your time and get something to eat right around there. Also, it is across the street from Centennial Park with the Parthenon (which doubles as an art muesum) and to the right of the park is Centennial Sportsplex (where the Predators practice outside of the GEC)...so bring your skates if you so desire.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 11:38 PM
  #36
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,224
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Plenty of places to spend your time and get something to eat right around there. Also, it is across the street from Centennial Park with the Parthenon (which doubles as an art muesum) and to the right of the park is Centennial Sportsplex (where the Predators practice outside of the GEC)...so bring your skates if you so desire.
Do they have shinny, by chance? I'd LOVE that.

Aaron Vickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.