HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2013 Offseason Thread Part IV: SCF, end. Trades, begin.

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2013, 11:40 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckrush View Post
Burmistrov is going to be. That kid has real talent. He's smart. He's strong. I don't believe the KHL is an issue with this one.

The idea is to capture the breakout talent before the breakout. And the breakout realistically could be the upcoming season.

Either way. Id like a depth defenseman in the return package.

Burmistrov + Postma
Ferraro + Smith
Eberle + Petry
And if he doesn't break out we're ****ed. not a risk I'm taking. Not for a guy who wants out and is not going to re-sign with Winnipeg. He'd be a 3C here. I'm not trading a 40 point defenseman for a 3C, or a "potential" breakout. This kid also about 100 pounds soaking wet.

Top 6 Forward for Del Zotto. Goligoski type deal. Rangerboy has said it here before, Del Zotto is better than Goligoski. Sather is a good trader.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:49 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
And if he doesn't break out we're ****ed. not a risk I'm taking. Not for a guy who wants out and is not going to re-sign with Winnipeg. He'd be a 3C here. I'm not trading a 40 point defenseman for a 3C, or a "potential" breakout. This kid also about 100 pounds soaking wet.

Top 6 Forward for Del Zotto. Goligoski type deal. Rangerboy has said it here before, Del Zotto is better than Goligoski. Sather is a good trader.
He tossed Girardi pretty handily. Like i said he's a strong kid. Strong core. You are seriously underestimating him. His want to be out of Winnipeg is of no consequence to us. Winnipeg doesn't have a Brighton Beach. Or any other huge Russian community the way we do. Its not an indictment on a kid if he doesn't want to be in Winnipeg. It happens. Who knows what behind the scenes issues there are. He is allowed to be uncomfortable in a certain environment. New York City has more to offer. If the Rangers can get Postma as well, that's an impactful return.

What proven player do you want for Del Zotto. Finances are at play.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:53 PM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckrush View Post
He tossed Girardi pretty handily. Like i said he's a strong kid. Strong core. You are seriously underestimating him. His want to be out of Winnipeg is of no consequence to us. Winnipeg doesn't have a Brighton Beach. Or any other huge Russian community the way we do. Its not an indictment on a kid if he doesn't want to be in Winnipeg. It happens. Who knows what behind the scenes issues there are. He is allowed to be uncomfortable in a certain environment. New York City has more to offer. If the Rangers can get Postma as well, that's an impactful return.

What proven player do you want for Del Zotto. Finances are at play.
Where did I say Russia at all? He wants out of Winnipeg. Rick Nash wanted out of CBJ and it hurt his value. We didn't trade Del Zotto for him.

I'm not underestimating him. Del Zotto has almost had Burmistrov's entire career point total in 1 season.

Old
06-25-2013, 06:17 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The buyout period begins Wednesday at 11PM. The players need to clear waivers before they be bought out. Maybe there is another team which wants to claim the player and his contract. Put the players on waivers on Thursday. Clears on Friday. Compliance buyouts follow paragraph 13 which deals with the buyout process. Richards has a NMC so he can decline to be placed on waivers.

Quote:
(c) A no-move clause may prevent the involuntary relocation of a Player, whether by Trade, Loan or Waiver claim. A no-move clause, however, may not restrict the Club's Buy-Out and termination rights as set forth in this Agreement. Prior to exercising its Ordinary Course Buy-Out rights pursuant to Paragraph 13 of the SPC hereof, the Club shall, in writing in accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3 hereof, provide the Player with the option of electing to be placed on Waivers. The Player will have twenty-four (24) hours from the time he receives such notice to accept or reject that option at his sole discretion, and shall so inform the Club in writing, in accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3 hereof, within such twenty- four (24) hour period. If the Player does not timely accept or reject that option, it will be deemed rejected.
He can not block the buyout. He reject the being placed on waivers.

The qualifying offers by due by July 2.

Teams are allowed to interview group II and III free agents on July 3 and 4. The player can't agree to a contract with another team.

Buyout period ends July 4th at 5PM.

The 8 year MAX contract expires on July 4 at 11:59PM. The player is no longer eligible to get an eight year deal from his team. The player has to be on the reserve list as of the trading deadline to be eligible for the 8 year deal.

Free agency opens at 12 noon on July 5. Players can sign their qualifying offers.

Players can file for salary arbitration on July 10. Its later this year because the league year opens later. Its usually July 5.

Qualifying offers expires July 20. Its usually July 15. Everything starts 5 days later.

Its Exhibit 16-B of the CBA. Page 358.

Old
06-25-2013, 06:18 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post

Sather has to find a GM like Joe Nieuwendyk. There is a reason why he got fired. He had limited experience and the Stars named him their GM in 2009. Fired 4 years later.

Old
06-25-2013, 06:30 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Chicago used skill and speed to beat the two brawny teams. LA and Boston. The Hawks have won 2 Cups in 4 years in the salary cap era. Nine players were on both teams. Toews. Kane. Sharp. Hossa. Bolland. Keith. Seabrook. Hammer. Crawford. Keith played with Seabrook and Rozsival. Oduya with Hammer. Quenneville didn't trust Leddy.

Quote:
Bowman traded for Michael Frolik, Nick Leddy and Viktor Stalberg. They have developed and found roles along with draft picks Bryan Bickell, Marcus Kruger, Brandon Saad and Andrew Shaw. Frolik, a 21-goal scorer his first two NHL seasons with the Florida Panthers, could complain about not playing in the top six but has accepted being part of an outstanding penalty-killing tandem with Kruger. Bickell has eight goals. Shaw has five.

The new supporting cast is not an exact copy of the old one. It was never going to be the same. That was the challenge, to find a new mix, a new chemistry. But it has made about the exact same impact – from Crawford’s goaltending, to Frolik and Kruger’s penalty killing, to offensive production. If you include Bickell, who had no goals in four playoff appearances in 2010 and did not get his name on the Cup, the newcomers have accounted for 42.6 percent of the Blackhawks’ goals in these playoffs. The non-core players accounted for 41 percent of the Blackhawks’ goals when they won the Cup last time.

“I think the balance of our team gives us that depth that you look for, because you don’t look for one group or one guy to get the production done for you, the job done,” said Quenneville, who has gotten only two goals from Toews, who won the Conn Smythe Trophy as the playoffs’ most valuable player in 2010. “It looks like everybody is contributing, and that’s what teams are all about.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl--st...173844258.html

There is no reason why the Rangers can't model their team after the Hawks. The supporting cast. The Hawks won with one center. Toews. Bolland was their 2nd line center before they acquired Handzus for a pick at the deadline. When Bolland was out with his various injures,Kruger played up there. Two young players in the middle with Shaw and Kruger. If Bolland was on the line with Kruger and Froilk,Kruger played left wing.

Old
06-25-2013, 06:33 AM
LetterJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sather has to find a GM like Joe Nieuwendyk. There is a reason why he got fired. He had limited experience and the Stars named him their GM in 2009. Fired 4 years later.
And Brent Burns fetched Charlie Coyle, Devin Setoguchi and a first rounder. That deal and the Goligoski deal make me feel that Slats, if he chooses to deal MDZ, will surprise us with the return. Maybe it`s just wishful thinking on my part :shrug:

Old
06-25-2013, 07:41 AM
NYR Viper

Here's an interesting question, which would you prefer?

Pajaarvi + EDM 1st (7th overall)

or

Burmistrov + WPG 1st (13th overall)

for MDZ

Old
06-25-2013, 07:54 AM
Josh3217

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post

or

for MDZ
Definitely the first one, but neither will happen.

Old
06-25-2013, 07:57 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

or

for MDZ
Probably the Edmonton package, since I think there might be a shot at getting a player at #7 who may be an impact player.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:

or

for MDZ
Edmonton, but it's close. Better player available at #7 (likely one of Monahan, Nichushkin or Lindholm), but Burmistrov has a brighter future than MPS, IMO.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:29 AM
Josh3217

Traverse City Tournament question: What is the max age to play for NYR in the tourney?

Old
06-25-2013, 08:37 AM
Sticky Fingers

Quote:

or

for MDZ
First one. Still think MPS will be a great player, a change of scenario might be what he needs. And a 7th might give us something real interesting!

Old
06-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

or

for MDZ
Paajarvi+1st. If Drouin falls to five, try to trade up.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:39 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Chicago used skill and speed to beat the two brawny teams. LA and Boston. The Hawks have won 2 Cups in 4 years in the salary cap era. Nine players were on both teams. Toews. Kane. Sharp. Hossa. Bolland. Keith. Seabrook. Hammer. Crawford. Keith played with Seabrook and Rozsival. Oduya with Hammer. Quenneville didn't trust Leddy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl--st...173844258.html

There is no reason why the Rangers can't model their team after the Hawks. The supporting cast. The Hawks won with one center. Toews. Bolland was their 2nd line center before they acquired Handzus for a pick at the deadline. When Bolland was out with his various injures,Kruger played up there. Two young players in the middle with Shaw and Kruger. If Bolland was on the line with Kruger and Froilk,Kruger played left wing.
To be fair, its a lot easier to build out that supporting cast when Kane, Toews, and Hossa are anchoring the top of the lineup.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:43 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Is Del Zotto really worth a #7 overall pick?

Old
06-25-2013, 08:44 AM
GAGLine

Quote:

or

for MDZ
The problem with both of those deals is that we are giving up the most proven asset. Neither Pajaarvi nor Burmistrov have lived up to their billing, and the draft picks are nothing but potential at this point.

Both deals represent fairly significant risk.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:45 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
Easily. But that's just my opinion.

I would be hard pressed to not take the Edmonton deal. I still feel Pajaarvi has legit offensive upside.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:47 AM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
Paajarvi+1st. If Drouin falls to five, try to trade up.
My thought as well.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:55 AM
Vitto79

here is my guess at the team. Balzy Staal deal in there. With Pyatt and a later pick for Faulk and a pick. Richards buyout, sign Lapierre, resign Clowe

Lundqvist, Biron
McD, Girardi, DZ, Faulk, Moore, Stralman. Spare Bickel(eeew) or a cheap vet UFA
Stepan, Brassard, Boyle ,Lapierre
Nash, Clowe, Hagelin, Powe/Asham
Callahan, Kreider, Zuccarello, Dorsett, Haley

not much change

Old
06-25-2013, 08:59 AM
ran1gers

Possible Buyout Free Agents

With the list of current URF being so weak, has anyone heard any names of possible buyout candidates that they would like to see in a Ranger uniform next year?

Old
06-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
here is my guess at the team. Balzy Staal deal in there. With Pyatt and a later pick for Faulk and a pick. Richards buyout, sign Lapierre, resign Clowe

Lundqvist, Biron
McD, Girardi, DZ, Faulk, Moore, Stralman. Spare Bickel(eeew) or a cheap vet UFA
Stepan, Brassard, Boyle ,Lapierre
Nash, Clowe, Hagelin, Powe/Asham
Callahan, Kreider, Zuccarello, Dorsett, Haley

not much change
you think Staal will get dealt at the draft or during the summer??? i doubt he gets dealt unless he plays a coupe of weeks or even a few months without getting hurt... I doubt the Canes or another team takes that chance.

Old
06-25-2013, 09:03 AM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

For some reason, I've had a total change of heart, and want to keep DZ. I want to see what he can do under an AV system.

I'd try to get max value for Staal from Carolina. Being a Staal, Carolina would most likely give us an overpayment. Something like Staal for the 5th and McBain?

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Drouin-Brassard-Zucc **Give this line all of the o-zone FOs
Hagelin-Lindberg-Callahan
Pyatt (Although I hope Nystrom)-Boyle-Dorsett

McD-G
DZ-Stralman
Moore-McBain/McIlrath (if ready)

Old
06-25-2013, 09:03 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
It really depends. For a team like Edmonton who has been trying to suck it's way to a competitive team for nearly half a decade now, it might be worth it to move a draft pick for an established young player. Del Zotto, despite being the whipping boy around here, is a solid top-4 defender and has plenty of room to get even better.

Fans, especially the ones on this site, are in love with draft picks. Every top-10 pick is worth the moon because you're going to get an "impact player" there. There's a reason that GM's rarely deal proven young players for just draft picks. It's too much of a gamble. The reality is that the likelihood of ending up with a player as good as Del Zotto at #7 is slim. It just happens to be a deeper draft, so people are convinced that it's chock full of sure-fire first-liners and top pairing defenders.

Old
06-25-2013, 09:08 AM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

if we could get into the top 5 from 7 I'm all about it. Top 5 players in this draft will play next year.

Closed Thread