HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Rumors and Speculation Thread #7 (Halak rumor from CSN, post #628)

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2013, 04:37 PM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Now the Vancouver fans think we will buy out Bryz and trade them Matt Read for Luongo and his ridiculous contract.
Well, this day already brought the winning combo on the trade board: Voracek for Luongo.

Old
06-24-2013, 04:49 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
Well, this day already brought the winning combo on the trade board: Voracek for Luongo.
If I hadn't seen it myself, I wouldn't have believed it.

Old
06-24-2013, 05:59 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
I only finally got around to signing up for an HFBoards account when I read some idiot Pens fans saying that Harry Z's kneeing major against Washington was some kind of disgraceful hit worthy of a suspension. And of course the major was rescinded a couple of days later.

I bet that guy's happy now he has that POS player on his team.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=899

That guy always comes into Flyers related threads on the main board's preaching morality with his black and gold glasses on.

I love how Mario keeps signing off on all these dirty players after threatening to sell his team after the Crosby situation and the Isles roughing them up a couple of years ago.

I know we employ some dirty players and have in the past but I don't see Snider whining to the press and threatening to take his ball and go home when one of our guys goes down with a dirty hit.

It's hypocrisy at it's best.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 06-24-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old
06-24-2013, 06:28 PM
healthyscratch

Yes, you can trade for a player then immediately amnesty him.

Old
06-24-2013, 06:42 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I can. For the same reason that you can't buy a player out then sign him to a better deal, I could see there being a clause that says you can't trade for a player then buy him out. Again, I am not saying that this IS in there, but it wouldn't be too shocking if it was.
You can trade for a player and buy them out right away. Toronto was looking to do this so they could add some other assets to take on another teams bad contract and then buy it out. It's a loophole that hasn't been addressed by the NHL that can be taken advantage by the big market teams.

Old
06-24-2013, 07:04 PM
FLYERSFAN18

I wonder if Kulikov from Florida or a player similar to him would be available. And if so at what price? Im sure they would want #11 included. He would look really good next to Schenn for the future.

Old
06-24-2013, 07:15 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
You can trade for a player and buy them out right away. Toronto was looking to do this so they could add some other assets to take on another teams bad contract and then buy it out. It's a loophole that hasn't been addressed by the NHL that can be taken advantage by the big market teams.
Fair enough.

Old
06-24-2013, 07:47 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I wonder if Kulikov from Florida or a player similar to him would be available. And if so at what price? Im sure they would want #11 included. He would look really good next to Schenn for the future.
Rundblad maybe? Sounds like he is on the outs with the Coyotes. He really doesn't seem to have any place there long term with them given their Dcorp is already pretty stacked. Seems like he could be had for pretty cheap. I know he hasn't panned out like people thought he would when he was with Ottawa, but if he can put it together he would exactly the type of dman we need.

Old
06-24-2013, 07:50 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
Rundblad maybe? Sounds like he is on the outs with the Coyotes. He really doesn't seem to have any place there long term with them given their Dcorp is already pretty stacked. Seems like he could be had for pretty cheap. I know he hasn't panned out like people thought he would when he was with Ottawa, but if he can put it together he would exactly the type of dman we need.
If he could be had for cheap then yes, but Kulikov has shown a lot more than Rundblad

Old
06-25-2013, 07:00 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

At some point, you'd have to think a mod would go onto the trade forums, see the travesties occurring (this time to Wayne Simmonds), and go, "Look kids. Nobody is this stupid. It's time for you all to stop trolling and go to bed."

Old
06-25-2013, 07:13 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
At some point, you'd have to think a mod would go onto the trade forums, see the travesties occurring (this time to Wayne Simmonds), and go, "Look kids. Nobody is this stupid. It's time for you all to stop trolling and go to bed."
Reimer for a Couturier or Schenn is probably my favorite proposal. Leafs trade for a goalie better than Reimer to replace Reimer. Now want more for Reimer than was given up for their new, better goalie. Brilliant! I wonder if the Flyers could get JvR back for Gustaffsson?

Old
06-25-2013, 07:16 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Leddy for Read and a 4th. I dont know why Q wasnt playing Leddy, Id love to have him in philly. How would you guys feel about that trade. If this happened we would have to resign Gagne though IMO.

Old
06-25-2013, 07:32 AM
feedingschennzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Leddy for Read and a 4th. I dont know why Q wasnt playing Leddy, Id love to have him in philly. How would you guys feel about that trade. If this happened we would have to resign Gagne though IMO.
I doubt it happens, Chicago needs cheap talent but at that price I say yes

Old
06-25-2013, 08:17 AM
StoneHands

Would anyone be interested in Hainsey on a 3 year deal? If we can move Mez and maybe Coburn, he could fill in that spot pretty well and add a little more offence. He's been put into a more defensive role the last few years with all the offensive dmen on the Jets.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:20 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneHands View Post
Would anyone be interested in Hainsey on a 3 year deal? If we can move Mez and maybe Coburn, he could fill in that spot pretty well and add a little more offence. He's been put into a more defensive role the last few years with all the offensive dmen on the Jets.
I would be if he comes at the same price as coburns 4.5 and if we are trading coburn. This defense cannot get more expensive.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:27 AM
StoneHands

Also, Viktor Stalberg is someone I hope the Flyers talk to. He might be looking at a decent raise but he could replace Read's production if he's moved.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:54 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Rather go after Ian White. Was not lights out last year but is still a #4 type of defender. His play stagnated abit (meaning he looked good at times and bad). That being said, he is still 29, and can eat some minutes. Plus he wouldnt cost THAT much. His caphit was 2.875 last season and even with an inflated market he wont cost more than that.

Im on the side that IF it was possible to replace Coburn I'd trade him. Try to grab another top 15 pick and replace him with White. From what I read, White is NOT a "lead the pairing" type of defender, just like Coburn.

I guess:

Timonen-Schenn
Streit-White
Gustafsson-Grossmann

Old
06-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneHands View Post
Hainsey is the number 1 whipping boy here in Wpg, but if he is a #4 Dman he can eat up some big minutes and is a pretty good D man. I would look at him if 3 years and under 4 million, but not much chance of that happening.

If Col takes Mackinnon and Fla hast to take Jones, I think some sort of trade is their between 2 teams for Kulikov, just what is the price ? Couts straight up ?

Old
06-25-2013, 10:49 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Hainsey is the number 1 whipping boy here in Wpg, but if he is a #4 Dman he can eat up some big minutes and is a pretty good D man. I would look at him if 3 years and under 4 million, but not much chance of that happening.

If Col takes Mackinnon and Fla hast to take Jones, I think some sort of trade is their between 2 teams for Kulikov, just what is the price ? Couts straight up ?
Hopefully a good forward will be around at the 11th pick and we could trade that plus an little more for Kilikov and keep couts

Old
06-25-2013, 11:00 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:

Not that this still holds true, but during the lockout, I remember talk about Hainsey being done because he had pissed a lot of people off and had no fear. The implication was that he would never get a job again.

(found the article here: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...s-bad-cop.html)

I personally loved his attitude. I doubt that a good dman gets no offers, it's just interesting to think about.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
Hopefully a good forward will be around at the 11th pick and we could trade that plus an little more for Kilikov and keep couts
Doubt it tho, as Fla needs a center and were probably drooling at Mackinnon. They have a great young D and don't really need Jones. ( of course you take him, but it is one of their few strengths).

Would you, or the Panthers do Read plus the 11th pick for Kulikov and a 2nd ?

Old
06-25-2013, 11:27 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Rather go after Ian White. Was not lights out last year but is still a #4 type of defender. His play stagnated abit (meaning he looked good at times and bad). That being said, he is still 29, and can eat some minutes. Plus he wouldnt cost THAT much. His caphit was 2.875 last season and even with an inflated market he wont cost more than that.

Im on the side that IF it was possible to replace Coburn I'd trade him. Try to grab another top 15 pick and replace him with White. From what I read, White is NOT a "lead the pairing" type of defender, just like Coburn.

I guess:

Timonen-Schenn
Streit-White
Gustafsson-Grossmann
That's a rather small D-corps.
There's also not one individual who could play against Ovy, Malkin and co and not get completely destroyed.
Coburn needs to stay.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:28 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Doubt it tho, as Fla needs a center and were probably drooling at Mackinnon. They have a great young D and don't really need Jones. ( of course you take him, but it is one of their few strengths).

Would you, or the Panthers do Read plus the 11th pick for Kulikov and a 2nd ?
I'm not sure what the trade would be, but Florida only has 1 high end forward right now and 2 good young forwards. If they did select jones Kilikov might be available for a young center/forward. If lindholm, monahan or shinkaruk is still available at 11, I would think that would be enticing for florida

Old
06-25-2013, 11:31 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

ugh where are the rumors come on this is boring

Old
06-25-2013, 11:31 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
That's a rather small D-corps.
There's also not one individual who could play against Ovy, Malkin and co and not get completely destroyed.
Coburn needs to stay.
Thank you. Coburn is useless on the offensive side of the puck, but physically he can defend anyone 1 on 1 and to be frank their are not too many guys like that in the NHL and no one else on the Flyers.

Closed Thread