HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michal Rozsival appreciation thread (2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION)

Old
06-25-2013, 06:22 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 500
Seemed surprised how heavy the cup was, lol.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 06:32 AM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Since it's an appreciation thread, I'll appreciate the removal of his cap hit when he was traded.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 10:08 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Congrats to Rosy. Though I will say that it was every bit as painful watching him with the puck in a Hawks jersey as it was when he was wearing a Rangers jersey. The guy is painfully indecisive.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 10:39 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Congrats to Rosy. Though I will say that it was every bit as painful watching him with the puck in a Hawks jersey as it was when he was wearing a Rangers jersey. The guy is painfully indecisive.
Ha, agreed. But so are most 3rd pairing defensemen - even on championship teams. Wasn't his fault he was the #1 guy for a large portion of his tenure here.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Ha, agreed. But so are most 3rd pairing defensemen - even on championship teams. Wasn't his fault he was the #1 guy for a large portion of his tenure here.
Certainly not. The guy performed admirably in a role that was well above his natural abilities.

Old
06-25-2013, 10:46 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Rosy has always been a pansy.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 10:47 AM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
QFT...That cap relief helped

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Being a pansy has nothing to do with it. He just passed up way too many opportunities to shoot the puck, and waited until players were on top of him before trying to make a pass.

Old
06-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:09 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Being a pansy has nothing to do with it. He just passed up way too many opportunities to shoot the puck, and waited until players were on top of him before trying to make a pass.
Yes, and a pansy is typically a coward. Rosy would freeze up when he got the puck. He also is incapable of skating at full speed. He just automatically quits moving his feet or gives the puck up once he starts to gain speed.

He was a good defenseman, just a pansy.

Last season Phoenix had a ton of momentum in their elimination game, the crowd was going nuts. Then Roszival got hurt and Phoenix lost just seconds later. As it happened it felt like Rangers fans went through that saga multiple times. He has a knack for being the buzzkill.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:14 AM
OverTheCap

I never understood the complaints about Rozy being soft. He was a minutes eater, blocked a ton of shots (I think he led the team in that category for a few seasons until he was traded), and although he was never a hitting machine, he was capable of throwing a good hipcheck every now and then. Indecisive and slow, yes, but not soft.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:17 AM
ColonialsHockey10

I also kind of forgot how big he is. He's 6'2" but his frame is massive.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

So now indecisive players are pansy cowards? Collective IQ of HF is at an all time low.

He got hurt on a hit after the whistle, what a puss.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Yes, and a pansy is typically a coward. Rosy would freeze up when he got the puck. He also is incapable of skating at full speed. He just automatically quits moving his feet or gives the puck up once he starts to gain speed.

Last season Phoenix had a ton of momentum in their elimination game, the crowd was going nuts. Then Roszival got hurt and Phoenix lost just seconds later. As it happened it felt like Rangers fans went through that saga multiple times. He has a knack for being the buzzkill.
What a load of garbage.

He's a pansy for being involved on a knee-on-knee?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:

We're not even remotely on the same page. He was indecisive with the puck, but he was far from a coward.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:58 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:

So hockey players that struggle to make decisions with the puck on their stick are pansy cowards? LOL. Terrific insight.

What a load of garbage.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 12:55 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
So hockey players that struggle to make decisions with the puck on their stick are pansy cowards? LOL. Terrific insight.

What a load of garbage.
Just as much of a load as garbage as you and everyone else taking everything I said and blowing it way out of proportion.

Not a coward like he would back down from a fight. I said exactly what Trxjw said. He doesn't like having the puck on his stick. His mind turns to mush and he doesn't know what to do with it. The same thing happens when he skates the puck up the ice. He looks like he's never done it before, and stops moving his feet and looking for a pass, even when it's not the right play. He played timid. Oh, and before you try and accuse, it has nothing to do with the other definition of pansy. People on this website have a knack for taking what people say and making a mountain out of a mole hill. See some of the Brad Richards threads.

The knee on knee has nothing to do with being a coward. I just said it because when it happened, it reminded me of Roszival's tenure with the Rangers, it was very typical. Not directed at you, but people need to learn to read.

What a load of garbage.

Last edited by ColonialsHockey10: 06-25-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old
06-25-2013, 01:00 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
We're not even remotely on the same page. He was indecisive with the puck, but he was far from a coward.
Fair enough, then we'll agree to disagree.

I appreciated what Roszival did, he was forced to play a much larger role then he was capable of. But he drove me mad more then most defensemen we've had over the years.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:21 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

Big congratulations to this guy. It's a shame that he was treated negatively by the fans during the end of his tenure here. I felt that the guy was forced into a role that he was not talented enough to fill. Great to see that he found the right role on a team and was able to finally win the cup. He looked amazing throughout the playoffs, especially in the finals.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 01:21 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Just as much of a load as garbage as you and everyone else taking everything I said and blowing it way out of proportion.

Not a coward like he would back down from a fight. I said exactly what Trxjw said. He doesn't like having the puck on his stick. His mind turns to mush and he doesn't know what to do with it. The same thing happens when he skates the puck up the ice. He looks like he's never done it before, and stops moving his feet and looking for a pass, even when it's not the right play. He played timid. Oh, and before you try and accuse, it has nothing to do with the other definition of pansy. People on this website have a knack for taking what people say and making a mountain out of a mole hill. See some of the Brad Richards threads.

The knee on knee has nothing to do with being a coward. I just said it because when it happened, it reminded me of Roszival's tenure with the Rangers, it was very typical. Not directed at you, but people need to learn to read.

What a load of garbage.
Oh, so it's my fault you called him a pansy and a coward? Sorry for reacting to your ridiculous descriptions of the guy. Coward is a pretty strong word. Maybe choose your words more wisely next time?

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I feel as though "hesitant" or "tentative" describe it better.

Here's to Rozy, who becomes I believe the only ex-Ranger since the lockout to win the cup, with the exception of Pascal Dupuis.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 03:24 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Always thought Rozy was a gamer. He always showed up in the playoffs with the Rangers, as he did with Chicago...

Congrats

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 05:17 PM
JoeGarelli

i think the deal with rosy " freezing" with the puck, is he would rather hang onto it then turn it over.. hes just looking for a good play, runs out of time, and loses it.. what the difference if you hang onto and lose it in your corner, or toss it up the boards right to their dman.. almost better off with it in your corner..

JoeGarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 06:32 PM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
Congrats Rozsy

McNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 06:42 PM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Am I the only one who thinks there's something different about Doc in that video?

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote