HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What Bobrovsky Winning the Vezina Would Mean For The Flyers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2013, 06:29 AM
  #301
kimmofan44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: thorndale pa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanz View Post
I wonder who else that excels Homer could give away...Giroux next?
Gets rid of Carter, Gagne and Richards and they take home the cup, gets rid of Bob and he wins the Vezina, wtf Homer make a good decision for once.
I find myself thinking about that too from time to time but all it does is get me angry, its not homers fault that they went on to bigger and better things, but the fact that so many of them turned around the very next season and played to or above thief potential is disheartening. it really makes you wonder if the people that are supposed to be bringing these young players up and or evaluating our talent aren't more to blame than Homer. it seems like our coaching and training staff stunts the growth of young players rather than nurtures and grows it. look at Bob and jvr they leave, get some fresh coaches and trainers and begin to rise to stardom. then look at schenn and couts , huge upsides but now seem to be distracted and stagnant when our staff gets a hold of them for a while.


Last edited by kimmofan44: 06-24-2013 at 06:41 AM.
kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 06:55 AM
  #302
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 14,351
vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmofan44 View Post
I find myself thinking about that too from time to time but all it does is get me angry, its not homers fault that they went on to bigger and better things, but the fact that so many of them turned around the very next season and played to or above thief potential is disheartening. it really makes you wonder if the people that are supposed to be bringing these young players up and or evaluating our talent aren't more to blame than Homer. it seems like our coaching and training staff stunts the growth of young players rather than nurtures and grows it. look at Bob and jvr they leave, get some fresh coaches and trainers and begin to rise to stardom. then look at schenn and couts , huge upsides but now seem to be distracted and stagnant when our staff gets a hold of them for a while.
Bob, I'll agree with you, but the rest of this sentence is inaccurate at best. Schenn and Couturier are both 21 and younger. There is nothing stagnant or stunted about their growth. JvR in Toronto had a decent season...but he only scored 6 more points than Schenn. If that is a rise to stardom, what is wrong with Schenn's development, being that he is three years younger and not playing on a line with Phil Kessel?


Last edited by DrinkFightFlyers: 06-24-2013 at 07:01 AM.
DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 10:03 AM
  #303
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 49,547
vCash: 500
JVR did the same thing he always does. Hot start, probably fueled by a scenery change, then he turned invisible.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 11:48 AM
  #304
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 14,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
JVR did the same thing he always does. Hot start, probably fueled by a scenery change, then he turned invisible.
yea, i can honestly say i dont miss JVR at all..

excellent trade if you ask me.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 11:50 AM
  #305
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 13,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
yea, i can honestly say i dont miss JVR at all..

excellent trade if you ask me.
Seconded. Luke Schenn is an absolute necessity for this team.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:14 AM
  #306
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,528
vCash: 500
What would it mean? It would mean we got a few draft picks at least for him and the jackets may not have anything....

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:31 AM
  #307
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,007
vCash: 500
Funny...

What happens if Bob bails for the KHL for 10m/y, and Mason turns out to be a legitimate long-term starter for us?

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:42 AM
  #308
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 36,018
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Funny...

What happens if Bob bails for the KHL for 10m/y, and Mason turns out to be a legitimate long-term starter for us?


what happens if we buyout Bryz. then we trade for Halak and he bolts after next season and Mason implodes and decide not to bring him back.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:45 AM
  #309
FLYERSFAN18
Registered User
 
FLYERSFAN18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 2,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
what happens if we buyout Bryz. then we trade for Halak and he bolts after next season and Mason implodes and decide not to bring him back.
It would still be better than having Bryz around for another 6 years.

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 03:27 PM
  #310
litflyersfan
Registered User
 
litflyersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bryn Mawr, Pa
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
what happens if we buyout Bryz. then we trade for Halak and he bolts after next season and Mason implodes and decide not to bring him back.
Henrik Lundqvist would look good in orange and black. Could see him leaving the NYR if their new head coach, Vigneault, sucks. Then again, who wants to come to the goalie graveyard without the possibility of a huge buyout.

litflyersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 06:48 PM
  #311
RinaldoZac
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 340
vCash: 515
At least BOB didnt win the cover...

RinaldoZac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:40 PM
  #312
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?
 
Pantokrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Semmes, Alabama
Country: Guatemala
Posts: 4,526
vCash: 500
I just read on NHL.com that Columbus might trade Bobrovsky because they are having difficulty coming to terms with him as a RFA. Supposedly he wants 6 million per season. That's a bad place for Columbus to be in, because you have the Vezina trophy winner, but is he for real? He's had one great season, do you put down 6 mil for 4 years and hope he pans out?

We wouldn't have had this problem if we had kept Bob because his numbers here would be mediocre and we could resign him for 2 or 3 million.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:47 PM
  #313
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 42,732
vCash: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I just read on NHL.com that Columbus might trade Bobrovsky because they are having difficulty coming to terms with him as a RFA. Supposedly he wants 6 million per season. That's a bad place for Columbus to be in, because you have the Vezina trophy winner, but is he for real? He's had one great season, do you put down 6 mil for 4 years and hope he pans out?

We wouldn't have had this problem if we had kept Bob because his numbers here would be mediocre and we could resign him for 2 or 3 million.
There is ongoing discussion in the "speculation: draft day" sticky, too.

Quote:
Blue Jackets very close on a new deal with goalie Sergei Bobrovsky...
Source: Pierre LeBrun in the last half hour.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:54 PM
  #314
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?
 
Pantokrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Semmes, Alabama
Country: Guatemala
Posts: 4,526
vCash: 500
Thanks!

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:12 PM
  #315
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,926
vCash: 500
Bob just signed a 2 yr deal with Columbus..so he'll still be around to possibly haunt us.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426737

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:28 PM
  #316
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 14,351
vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Bob just signed a 2 yr deal with Columbus..so he'll still be around to possibly haunt us.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426737
Wow. $5.6 million is a lot. They better hope this half season wasn't a fluke...

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:53 PM
  #317
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Wow. $5.6 million is a lot. They better hope this half season wasn't a fluke...
It's only a 2-year deal though; not a Bryzgalov contract.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:57 PM
  #318
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
It's only a 2-year deal though; not a Bryzgalov contract.
Yup....it's more in line with the way contracts should be structured with the new CBA. It's a bit high but I think with Bob he has enough character to continue to challenge himself to excel..unlike Bryz. Next go around if Bob continues his excellent play..Columbus might have a hard time re-upping him.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:03 PM
  #319
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 49,547
vCash: 500
Now we wait and see if a payday affects Bob's work ethic and drive, or if it makes him want more, since it's just a two year deal instead of a career-maker.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:14 PM
  #320
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 14,351
vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
It's only a 2-year deal though; not a Bryzgalov contract.
Oh yeah, I wasn't saying it was a bad contract. I am just surprised they were willing to give him that, even on a 2-year deal. His career line is good in what really amounts to two full seasons or so for a goalie, but I wasn't expecting him to get this much based on the shortened season. I figured it would be more in the $3-$4 million range. I wonder if the KHL "threat" played into it at all.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:14 PM
  #321
sa cyred
Offseason...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: Cuba
Posts: 16,522
vCash: 500
Well can't say I didnt want to see a Bob vs. Mason game.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:15 PM
  #322
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 13,425
vCash: 50
If the Flyers miss the playoffs again the coach and GM need to be fired, especially if Bob and Columbus beat them out for one of the 8 spots in the East.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:16 PM
  #323
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 49,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Oh yeah, I wasn't saying it was a bad contract. I am just surprised they were willing to give him that, even on a 2-year deal. His career line is good in what really amounts to two full seasons or so for a goalie, but I wasn't expecting him to get this much based on the shortened season. I figured it would be more in the $3-$4 million range. I wonder if the KHL "threat" played into it at all.
His KHL performance likely also helped. He had a .932 over there as well, with 52 games played combined.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:58 PM
  #324
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 13,333
vCash: 500
I wish Bob all the best. That said, I hope the Flyers torch him in all of the games.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:18 PM
  #325
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 14,351
vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
His KHL performance likely also helped. He had a .932 over there as well, with 52 games played combined.
Eh, I don't know about that. I wouldn't factor in anything other than NHL play (unless there was nothing else to factor in). I mean, would you have factored in Ville Leino's MVP season in Jokerit in his new contract when he was here? Unlikely.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.