HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

is it just me...

Old
10-17-2006, 10:52 PM
polako

vCash: 500
I don't like the idea of taking Straka off the JJ line. He is usually first on the puck in the offensive zone, which creates more opportunities for the line. Yes, he doesn't have a very effective shot, but that hasn't stopped him from scoring a lot of goals in his career...I guess he just has very good hockey sense.

I don't think offense is a problem for this team at the moment, so I don't think moving Straka off the top line is an issue, but I will admit that I get frustrated at times when I see him shoot right into the goalie.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 08:55 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by polako View Post
Yes, he doesn't have a very effective shot, but that hasn't stopped him from scoring a lot of goals in his career...I guess he just has very good hockey sense.
IMO, Prucha is the better goal scorer and would get to the pucks just as quickly as Straka would. All of this is speculation off course. There is no way that Straka is getting removed from the top line in favor of Prucha. Just not happening.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Ola

Very good thread, all bases are covered.

I've been thinking about Prucha on JJ's line, and about Straka's forecheck and backcheck ect.

I think Straka is a much better fit with Cullen and Shanny then Prucha are. And Prucha would be able to chip in more on Nylander and JJ's feeds on the firstline.

Prucha are good on the forecheck, and he is good on the backcheck. I think it comes down to two things right now, Prucha's strength and Renney's trust in the kid.

Straka are dooing a really good job in every aspect on the first line, especially defensivly. Its not that I think Prucha wouldn't be handle thoose aspects well, but I am not sure if he could do it as well as Straka. First of all, while Straka aren't that strong, he gets the job done, I've seen Prucha loose allot of battles downlow against bigger players, and with Prucha on the 1st line, there is a fear that once in a while a young kid like he will forget to backcheck, moreso then Straka are dooing.

I would like to see Renney expriment with Prucha on the firstline during the corse of the season.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote