HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Flyers use a compliance buyout on Ilya Bryzgalov's contract (updates in post #1)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-25-2013, 12:46 PM
  #126
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,205
vCash: 500
Really wish he did well here. Hope he finds a good team and hopefully shapes up.

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:46 PM
  #127
Kevin Danko
Web Design
 
Kevin Danko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 4,071
vCash: 897
Who didn't see this coming. I really didn't think Bryz was the issue this season, but when he started ducking the puck it became infuriating. I had a big post on here defending him earlier in the season and i completely regret it.

While i know he's going to go to another team and resurrect his game and win a stanley cup (like sharp, handuz, emery, carcillo, carter, richards, recchi, williams, gagne). Im really excited for the future in net now that he is gone.

Hoping we can get Ryan Miller or Mike Smith, wouldn't mind Emery again if D is improved.

Randy Miller and Tim Panotch (Featured in image below from left to right)




Randy Miller and Tim Panotch are the worst in the business. Philadelphia Media been running players out of town for decades.

Kevin Danko is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:48 PM
  #128
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,044
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
He gets paid his entire contract amount.
No. He gets 2/3 of the remaining amount over 2x the term

Krishna is online now  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:49 PM
  #129
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,489
vCash: 50
Yeah yeah I know the whole "he gets all that money so who cares about him." Still don't think he deserved the abuse he took.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:49 PM
  #130
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindank View Post
Randy Miller and Tim Panotch are the worst in the business. Philadelphia Media been running players out of town for decades.
They got this one right though.

CS is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:49 PM
  #131
Pierrot
Registered User
 
Pierrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: France
Posts: 107
vCash: 500
Can you guys tell me what Holmgren is going to do with 14 millions of free cap space? Because I really have no clue.. and I'm scared he ship our young guys for more established players who won't upgrade that much the team but who are gonna cost a lot against the cap...

I know i'm going to get killed here, but I thought that bryz was more than decent in playoff for us.. He didn't screw anything, and didn't he play amazing in the beginning of the year?

Pierrot is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:49 PM
  #132
Larry44
FlyersTankNation
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
So what's next?

We all know that Homer always likes to spend up to the cap...
Mike Smith for 5 x $5MM.

Larry44 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:50 PM
  #133
Kevin Danko
Web Design
 
Kevin Danko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 4,071
vCash: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Yeah yeah I know the whole "he gets all that money so who cares about him." Still don't think he deserved the abuse he took.
Not at all. However he made himself an easy target, but goes to show you that you cannot show any emotion at all to media let alone be yourself.

Kevin Danko is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:50 PM
  #134
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierrot View Post
Can you guys tell me what Holmgren is going to do with 14 millions of free cap space? Because I really have no clue.. and I'm scared he ship our young guys for more established players who won't upgrade that much the team but who are gonna cost a lot against the cap...

I know i'm going to get killed here, but I thought that bryz was more than decent in playoff for us.. He didn't screw anything, and didn't he play amazing in the beginning of the year?
Horton and Luongo?

CS is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:50 PM
  #135
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,251
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindank View Post
Who didn't see this coming. I really didn't think Bryz was the issue this season, but when he started ducking the puck it became infuriating. I had a big post on here defending him earlier in the season and i completely regret it.

While i know he's going to go to another team and resurrect his game and win a stanley cup (like sharp, handuz, emery, carcillo, carter, richards, recchi, williams, gagne). Im really excited for the future in net now that he is gone.

Hoping we can get Ryan Miller or Mike Smith, wouldn't mind Emery again if D is improved.

Randy Miller and Tim Panotch (Featured in image below from left to right)




Randy Miller and Tim Panotch are the worst in the business. Philadelphia Media been running players out of town for decades.
Please do not disrespect Randy and Lahey like that by calling Timmmmaaayyy and Miller them

RJ8812 is online now  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:50 PM
  #136
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,044
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Mike Smith for 5 x $5MM.
And with the other 9m?

Krishna is online now  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:50 PM
  #137
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,489
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Mike Smith for 5 x $5MM.
I would do that. I hate Mike Smith, but it would essentially mean Mason is our starter. I'm also assuming that that deal is 5 years for 5 million TOTAL, aka, 1M a year!

JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:51 PM
  #138
Kevin Danko
Web Design
 
Kevin Danko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 4,071
vCash: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
They got this one right though.
No argument there, Bryz brought it on himself, but from my standpoint, all the gossip and grief they gave the poor guy after 24/7 was his downfall.

Kevin Danko is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:51 PM
  #139
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,489
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
And with the other 9m?
We established, Bryan Bickell to a 4 year 81 million dollar contract. Trade Coburn for a 3rd. We are all set.

JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:52 PM
  #140
Foreverinour
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
bryzgoalie30
I want to say thank you to all my Flyers Fans for being with us in good and not so goods times during this season! Will miss u guys)

Sam Carchidi
With Bryz buyout, #Flyers now have nearly $4.2M in cap space. They will have about $9.1M when Pronger goes on LTIR.

Foreverinour is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:53 PM
  #141
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,044
vCash: 50
With the super stupid posts on the main board, this one may top it.

Guy said Holmgren is dumb because he lost the draft lottery and traded Carter to LA

Krishna is online now  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:53 PM
  #142
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
No. He gets 2/3 of the remaining amount over 2x the term
Is this just a regular buyout and not an amnesty?

Thought amnesty buyouts entitled the player being bought out to be paid the full amount left on their contract.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is online now  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:54 PM
  #143
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob
 
Philadelphia Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,245
vCash: 500
I just found out, holy **** finally.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:54 PM
  #144
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,678
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
And with the other 9m?
Bickell and Clowe to anchor the 4th line obviously

GoneFullHextall is online now  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:55 PM
  #145
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,044
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Is this just a regular buyout and not an amnesty?

Thought amnesty buyouts entitled the player being bought out to be paid the full amount left on their contract.
All buyouts are the same way.

The difference is amnesty ones don't count towards the cap

Krishna is online now  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:55 PM
  #146
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
He gets paid his entire contract amount.
I can't believe people are still making this basic error.

Curufinwe is online now  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:55 PM
  #147
Luuuongo
Crabs!
 
Luuuongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
Randy Miller ‏@RandyJMiller 43m
By the way ... I heard Bryz had 4 blowouts last season with Lavy. And I heard players couldn't stand him.

Randy Miller ‏@RandyJMiller 36m
For the record, Bryz LOVES his old Phoenix coach DaveTippett. Part of reason he had issues with us is he wanted us to rip Lavy

lol, Bryz to PHX?

Luuuongo is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:55 PM
  #148
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa
 
Sniped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500


SEE YA BRYZ! So glad this bum will never wear orange and black again!

Sniped is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:55 PM
  #149
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,331
vCash: 500
By buying him out now Flyers lost leverage in negotiating with the next goaltender/ trade partner (unless something is in the works)

Afraid for Leighton v 4.0 for next season.

CSKA1974 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:56 PM
  #150
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,468
vCash: 500
Yeeeeeeeeeahhh. I feel good dunna dunna dun da da.

Alchemy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.