HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - Part 6

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-25-2013, 09:09 AM
  #876
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word
 
HANDZ 57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Lou 'n I'm proud
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 2238
Could you imagine Reaves on the Bruins? They'd murder the league, haha.

He's a perfect fit on our team. Not worth a first rounder, but if all they could get is a 2nd rounder or later, they're better off just keeping him.

HANDZ 57 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 01:33 PM
  #877
N o o d l e s
Registered User
 
N o o d l e s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
Could you imagine Reaves on the Bruins? They'd murder the league, haha.

He's a perfect fit on our team. Not worth a first rounder, but if all they could get is a 2nd rounder or later, they're better off just keeping him.
Why do you think I came and asked

N o o d l e s is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 02:17 PM
  #878
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word
 
HANDZ 57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Lou 'n I'm proud
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 2238
Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
Why do you think I came and asked
Yeah, I know. Thought maybe you noticed some Habs fans having interest and wanted to try to out bid them, haha. He's UFA after this year so it will be interesting to see what happens with him. Hope he signs with us for around 1 mil per, but he might want to test free agency

HANDZ 57 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 02:33 PM
  #879
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word
 
HANDZ 57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Lou 'n I'm proud
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 2238
Based on the Halak to Philly Trade thread.

To Philly
Halak

To STL
Pavelski

To SJ
Perron/Stewart
Read
Conditional pick based on if Pavelski re-signs here (could not gauge the value on the pick or if it was even needed)

I know that most SJ fans were calling for Oshie in a Pavelski trade but I remember some being okay with Perron. Don't recall their thoughts on Stewart.

Halak, Pavelski and Read all have 1 year deals. Stewart/Perron are both cost controlled for 3-4 years (depending on if Stewart signs for 4 years 4mil-ish...)

A lot of risk for the blues trading Stewart/Perron for one year of Pavelski but he would be a perfect fit and I could see him wanting to re-sign here if given a bit more offensive role while Backes get the toughest assignments. I don't see Halak staying around after next season, so there's not much of a loss there.

Thoughts?

HANDZ 57 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 02:36 PM
  #880
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,821
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
Based on the Halak to Philly Trade thread.

To Philly
Halak

To STL
Pavelski

To SJ
Perron/Stewart
Read
Conditional pick based on if Pavelski re-signs here (could not gauge the value on the pick or if it was even needed)

I know that most SJ fans were calling for Oshie in a Pavelski trade but I remember some being okay with Perron. Don't recall their thoughts on Stewart.

Halak, Pavelski and Read all have 1 year deals. Stewart/Perron are both cost controlled for 3-4 years (depending on if Stewart signs for 4 years 4mil-ish...)

A lot of risk for the blues trading Stewart/Perron for one year of Pavelski but he would be a perfect fit and I could see him wanting to re-sign here if given a bit more offensive role while Backes get the toughest assignments. I don't see Halak staying around after next season, so there's not much of a loss there.

Thoughts?
We need a little bit more. Rather just do Perron/Stewart+2nd/prospect.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 02:39 PM
  #881
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word
 
HANDZ 57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Lou 'n I'm proud
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 2238
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
We need a little bit more. Rather just do Perron/Stewart+2nd/prospect.
For me, Halak with one year left only has 2nd round pick value. Of course that's just my opinion so I could be way off. 2nd pick probably doesn't entice SJ enough but Read could be an intriguing piece if they feel they can re-sign him to a decent deal. Would Philly really do the Read for Halak swap though?

HANDZ 57 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 02:43 PM
  #882
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,821
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
For me, Halak with one year left only has 2nd round pick value. Of course that's just my opinion so I could be way off. 2nd pick probably doesn't entice SJ enough but Read could be an intriguing piece if they feel they can re-sign him to a decent deal. Would Philly really do the Read for Halak swap though?
I think all sides would do it, but I'd just rather go with Halak/Elliott than Elliott/Allen if we can get a center and afford him without having to dump additional salary.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 02:52 PM
  #883
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word
 
HANDZ 57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Lou 'n I'm proud
Posts: 1,305
vCash: 2238
I hear you. I just don't know what to make of Halak at this point after hearing about him and Hitchcock getting into it... If everything is fine on that front, I'm fine with Halak/Elliot as well.

HANDZ 57 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 02:57 PM
  #884
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,821
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
I hear you. I just don't know what to make of Halak at this point after hearing about him and Hitchcock getting into it... If everything is fine on that front, I'm fine with Halak/Elliot as well.
I think that situation was overblown. If Halak was content with not playing in the playoffs, then he shouldn't be in the NHL. It was nice to see him have some fire.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 05:17 PM
  #885
BlueDream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 10,045
vCash: 500
I'm not even a Halak fan but Halak + Perron/Stewart for Pavelski? No thanks, that's a bit much.

And there's no way San Jose gets Perron, Read, AND a pick for Pavelski. That would be ridiculous.

BlueDream is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 07:17 PM
  #886
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 500
If the Avs take Mackinnon.. we should swoop in and grab Statsny.

Use the Schwartz* is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 07:34 PM
  #887
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 3,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
If the Avs take Mackinnon.. we should swoop in and grab Statsny.
I agree, but who's to say that they wouldn't want to hold onto him along with Mackinnon and Duchene.

Unless I'm missing something with O'Reilly.

illninofan* is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 08:04 PM
  #888
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,821
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post
I agree, but who's to say that they wouldn't want to hold onto him along with Mackinnon and Duchene.

Unless I'm missing something with O'Reilly.
They said the play was to have Duchene and Stastny as the top 6 centers, Mackinnon would be on the 3rd, and O'Reilly would move to wing. Personally, I see them trading Stastny instead of moving ROR to the wing.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 08:13 PM
  #889
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne
 
Oberyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
They said the play was to have Duchene and Stastny as the top 6 centers, Mackinnon would be on the 3rd, and O'Reilly would move to wing. Personally, I see them trading Stastny instead of moving ROR to the wing.
Yep, ROR is a terrific 2 way player and is much more suited to center than wing. Should the Avs draft Mackinnon, it opens up an opportunity for Armstrong to nab Stastny as long as it's at a reasonable price.

Oberyn is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 09:14 PM
  #890
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 3,334
vCash: 500
Stastny is exactly what this team needs.

As they say on the asylum: "get 'er done Army."

Disclaimer: That was the first and last time I will ever post that on these forums. I promise.

On a more serious note, what would it take to get him, and what would you be willing to give up?

illninofan* is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 09:18 PM
  #891
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,821
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post
Stastny is exactly what this team needs.

As they say on the asylum: "get 'er done Army."

Disclaimer: That was the first and last time I will ever post that on these forums. I promise.

On a more serious note, what would it take to get him, and what would you be willing to give up?
Perron+Cole for Stastny. In all honestly, we'd probably get a pick in return as well.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 09:19 PM
  #892
Bluesman91
Registered User
 
Bluesman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post
Stastny is exactly what this team needs.

As they say on the asylum: "get 'er done Army."

Disclaimer: That was the first and last time I will ever post that on these forums. I promise.

On a more serious note, what would it take to get him, and what would you be willing to give up?
Perron for Statsny+Conditional 2nd on him re-signing. There isn't a chance we trade more than that for someone who hasn't played up to par the past few seasons, is overpaid, and is on a division rival.

Bluesman91 is online now  
Old
06-25-2013, 09:21 PM
  #893
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 3,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Perron+Cole for Stastny. In all honestly, we'd probably get a pick in return as well.
They'll for sure want wingers and d-men, which isn't asking too much of us. I'd throw in a prospect too (Schmalz).

A top line of Frank, Staz and Stewy looks scary on paper, but it makes you wonder how it would work out in this system.

A second line of Schwartz, Backes and Steen is lethal.

EDIT:

Frank-Staz-Stew
Schwartz-Backes-Steen
Sobotka-Berglund-Oshie
CPR

x-Jaskin

Maybe throw in some kind of lower level veteran signing for extra depth.

Not bad.


Last edited by illninofan*: 06-25-2013 at 09:26 PM.
illninofan* is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 09:22 PM
  #894
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,821
vCash: 130
He has Bouwmeester trade value. They are pretty much identical value wise.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 09:26 PM
  #895
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 3,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
He has Bouwmeester trade value. They are pretty much identical value wise.
So a more realistic trade possibility is a 1st (or two roster players) and two prospects?

illninofan* is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 09:32 PM
  #896
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,821
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post
So a more realistic trade possibility is a 1st (or two roster players) and two prospects?
It just gets complicated because we have to dump salary to get him. Flame fans thought Bouwmeester value sky-rocketed when he started playing better, but it never really did, and he still had an extra year on his contract.

Perron+Cole for Stastny+2nd/prospect is realistic value IMO.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 09:38 PM
  #897
Izzy
Moderator
JuhaMetsolaForVezina
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,236
vCash: 50
Elliott for a late round pick would be solid. 6th or 7th would be ideal. Make room for Binnington and keep Allen in the minors.

Izzy is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 09:42 PM
  #898
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 3,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
It just gets complicated because we have to dump salary to get him. Flame fans thought Bouwmeester value sky-rocketed when he started playing better, but it never really did, and he still had an extra year on his contract.

Perron+Cole for Stastny+2nd/prospect is realistic value IMO.
I'd be fine with that, means we'd probably keep Lolpold though and Russell becomes 7th d-man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum View Post
Elliott for a late round pick would be solid. 6th or 7th would be ideal. Make room for Binnington and keep Allen in the minors.
So Halak is your starter? And who backs him up since you traded off Elliott?

illninofan* is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 09:45 PM
  #899
Izzy
Moderator
JuhaMetsolaForVezina
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,236
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post
I'd be fine with that, means we'd probably keep Lolpold though and Russell becomes 7th d-man.



So Halak is your starter? And who backs him up since you traded off Elliott?
As I said, Binnington.

Izzy is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 09:47 PM
  #900
BlueDream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 10,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum View Post
Elliott for a late round pick would be solid. 6th or 7th would be ideal. Make room for Binnington and keep Allen in the minors.
What??? How is that ideal? There's no reason to trade Elliott for anything less than a 2nd, if that.

Anyways, apparently Hitchcock was on the radio with John Hadley tonight. Didn't hear it, but here are tweets from his producer:

Quote:
David Solomon ‏@solomonsside 49m

For those asking about who'll play center for the #stlblues, just remember it's still early. No doubt though losing out on Lehtera hurts.

David Solomon David Solomon ‏@solomonsside 1h

Hitchcock told John Hadley Berglund & Backes will see time on wing in exhib & likely can come out of camp at LW & RW respectively. #stlblues
If Hitch said that, a winger has to be getting traded (Perron or Stewart) for a center. This just doesn't add up, and JR has been saying for a while now that he wouldn't be surprised to see Berglund experiment on the wing. Armstrong has to be looking at something on the trade market.

BlueDream is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.