HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - Part 6

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2013, 09:09 AM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 2238
Could you imagine Reaves on the Bruins? They'd murder the league, haha.

He's a perfect fit on our team. Not worth a first rounder, but if all they could get is a 2nd rounder or later, they're better off just keeping him.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:33 PM
N o o d l e s

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
Could you imagine Reaves on the Bruins? They'd murder the league, haha.

He's a perfect fit on our team. Not worth a first rounder, but if all they could get is a 2nd rounder or later, they're better off just keeping him.
Why do you think I came and asked

Old
06-25-2013, 02:17 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
Why do you think I came and asked
Yeah, I know. Thought maybe you noticed some Habs fans having interest and wanted to try to out bid them, haha. He's UFA after this year so it will be interesting to see what happens with him. Hope he signs with us for around 1 mil per, but he might want to test free agency

Old
06-25-2013, 02:33 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

Based on the Halak to Philly Trade thread.

To Philly
Halak

To STL
Pavelski

To SJ
Perron/Stewart
Read
Conditional pick based on if Pavelski re-signs here (could not gauge the value on the pick or if it was even needed)

I know that most SJ fans were calling for Oshie in a Pavelski trade but I remember some being okay with Perron. Don't recall their thoughts on Stewart.

Halak, Pavelski and Read all have 1 year deals. Stewart/Perron are both cost controlled for 3-4 years (depending on if Stewart signs for 4 years 4mil-ish...)

A lot of risk for the blues trading Stewart/Perron for one year of Pavelski but he would be a perfect fit and I could see him wanting to re-sign here if given a bit more offensive role while Backes get the toughest assignments. I don't see Halak staying around after next season, so there's not much of a loss there.

Thoughts?

Old
06-25-2013, 02:36 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
Quote:
Based on the Halak to Philly Trade thread.

To Philly
Halak

To STL
Pavelski

To SJ
Perron/Stewart
Read
Conditional pick based on if Pavelski re-signs here (could not gauge the value on the pick or if it was even needed)

I know that most SJ fans were calling for Oshie in a Pavelski trade but I remember some being okay with Perron. Don't recall their thoughts on Stewart.

Halak, Pavelski and Read all have 1 year deals. Stewart/Perron are both cost controlled for 3-4 years (depending on if Stewart signs for 4 years 4mil-ish...)

A lot of risk for the blues trading Stewart/Perron for one year of Pavelski but he would be a perfect fit and I could see him wanting to re-sign here if given a bit more offensive role while Backes get the toughest assignments. I don't see Halak staying around after next season, so there's not much of a loss there.

Thoughts?
We need a little bit more. Rather just do Perron/Stewart+2nd/prospect.

Old
06-25-2013, 02:39 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
We need a little bit more. Rather just do Perron/Stewart+2nd/prospect.
For me, Halak with one year left only has 2nd round pick value. Of course that's just my opinion so I could be way off. 2nd pick probably doesn't entice SJ enough but Read could be an intriguing piece if they feel they can re-sign him to a decent deal. Would Philly really do the Read for Halak swap though?

Old
06-25-2013, 02:43 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
For me, Halak with one year left only has 2nd round pick value. Of course that's just my opinion so I could be way off. 2nd pick probably doesn't entice SJ enough but Read could be an intriguing piece if they feel they can re-sign him to a decent deal. Would Philly really do the Read for Halak swap though?
I think all sides would do it, but I'd just rather go with Halak/Elliott than Elliott/Allen if we can get a center and afford him without having to dump additional salary.

Old
06-25-2013, 02:52 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

I hear you. I just don't know what to make of Halak at this point after hearing about him and Hitchcock getting into it... If everything is fine on that front, I'm fine with Halak/Elliot as well.

Old
06-25-2013, 02:57 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
I hear you. I just don't know what to make of Halak at this point after hearing about him and Hitchcock getting into it... If everything is fine on that front, I'm fine with Halak/Elliot as well.
I think that situation was overblown. If Halak was content with not playing in the playoffs, then he shouldn't be in the NHL. It was nice to see him have some fire.

Old
06-25-2013, 05:17 PM
BlueDream

I'm not even a Halak fan but Halak + Perron/Stewart for Pavelski? No thanks, that's a bit much.

And there's no way San Jose gets Perron, Read, AND a pick for Pavelski. That would be ridiculous.

Old
06-25-2013, 07:17 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

If the Avs take Mackinnon.. we should swoop in and grab Statsny.

Old
06-25-2013, 07:34 PM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
If the Avs take Mackinnon.. we should swoop in and grab Statsny.
I agree, but who's to say that they wouldn't want to hold onto him along with Mackinnon and Duchene.

Unless I'm missing something with O'Reilly.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:04 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post
I agree, but who's to say that they wouldn't want to hold onto him along with Mackinnon and Duchene.

Unless I'm missing something with O'Reilly.
They said the play was to have Duchene and Stastny as the top 6 centers, Mackinnon would be on the 3rd, and O'Reilly would move to wing. Personally, I see them trading Stastny instead of moving ROR to the wing.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
They said the play was to have Duchene and Stastny as the top 6 centers, Mackinnon would be on the 3rd, and O'Reilly would move to wing. Personally, I see them trading Stastny instead of moving ROR to the wing.
Yep, ROR is a terrific 2 way player and is much more suited to center than wing. Should the Avs draft Mackinnon, it opens up an opportunity for Armstrong to nab Stastny as long as it's at a reasonable price.

Old
06-25-2013, 09:14 PM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Stastny is exactly what this team needs.

As they say on the asylum: "get 'er done Army."

Disclaimer: That was the first and last time I will ever post that on these forums. I promise.

On a more serious note, what would it take to get him, and what would you be willing to give up?

Old
06-25-2013, 09:18 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:

Disclaimer: That was the first and last time I will ever post that on these forums. I promise.

On a more serious note, what would it take to get him, and what would you be willing to give up?
Perron+Cole for Stastny. In all honestly, we'd probably get a pick in return as well.

Old
06-25-2013, 09:19 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:

Perron for Statsny+Conditional 2nd on him re-signing. There isn't a chance we trade more than that for someone who hasn't played up to par the past few seasons, is overpaid, and is on a division rival.

Old
06-25-2013, 09:21 PM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Quote:
Perron+Cole for Stastny. In all honestly, we'd probably get a pick in return as well.
They'll for sure want wingers and d-men, which isn't asking too much of us. I'd throw in a prospect too (Schmalz).

A top line of Frank, Staz and Stewy looks scary on paper, but it makes you wonder how it would work out in this system.

A second line of Schwartz, Backes and Steen is lethal.

EDIT:

Frank-Staz-Stew
Schwartz-Backes-Steen
Sobotka-Berglund-Oshie
CPR

x-Jaskin

Maybe throw in some kind of lower level veteran signing for extra depth.

Not bad.

Last edited by illninofan*: 06-25-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old
06-25-2013, 09:22 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

He has Bouwmeester trade value. They are pretty much identical value wise.

Old
06-25-2013, 09:26 PM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Quote:
He has Bouwmeester trade value. They are pretty much identical value wise.
So a more realistic trade possibility is a 1st (or two roster players) and two prospects?

Old
06-25-2013, 09:32 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
So a more realistic trade possibility is a 1st (or two roster players) and two prospects?
It just gets complicated because we have to dump salary to get him. Flame fans thought Bouwmeester value sky-rocketed when he started playing better, but it never really did, and he still had an extra year on his contract.

Perron+Cole for Stastny+2nd/prospect is realistic value IMO.

Old
06-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

vCash: 50
Elliott for a late round pick would be solid. 6th or 7th would be ideal. Make room for Binnington and keep Allen in the minors.

Old
06-25-2013, 09:42 PM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Quote:
It just gets complicated because we have to dump salary to get him. Flame fans thought Bouwmeester value sky-rocketed when he started playing better, but it never really did, and he still had an extra year on his contract.

Perron+Cole for Stastny+2nd/prospect is realistic value IMO.
I'd be fine with that, means we'd probably keep Lolpold though and Russell becomes 7th d-man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum View Post
Elliott for a late round pick would be solid. 6th or 7th would be ideal. Make room for Binnington and keep Allen in the minors.
So Halak is your starter? And who backs him up since you traded off Elliott?

Old
06-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'd be fine with that, means we'd probably keep Lolpold though and Russell becomes 7th d-man.

So Halak is your starter? And who backs him up since you traded off Elliott?
As I said, Binnington.

Old
06-25-2013, 09:47 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum View Post
What??? How is that ideal? There's no reason to trade Elliott for anything less than a 2nd, if that.

Anyways, apparently Hitchcock was on the radio with John Hadley tonight. Didn't hear it, but here are tweets from his producer:

Quote:
David Solomon ‏@solomonsside 49m

For those asking about who'll play center for the #stlblues, just remember it's still early. No doubt though losing out on Lehtera hurts.

David Solomon David Solomon ‏@solomonsside 1h

Hitchcock told John Hadley Berglund & Backes will see time on wing in exhib & likely can come out of camp at LW & RW respectively. #stlblues
If Hitch said that, a winger has to be getting traded (Perron or Stewart) for a center. This just doesn't add up, and JR has been saying for a while now that he wouldn't be surprised to see Berglund experiment on the wing. Armstrong has to be looking at something on the trade market.

Closed Thread