HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2013, 03:55 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
Are there any real rumors about Philly throwing an offer sheet at Pietro?
Nope, there would've been a massive thread on the trade boards.

Old
06-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Bruv
to here knows when

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Nope, there would've been a massive thread on the trade boards.
That's what I thought.

I always read on here that the Flyers are gonna offer sheet Pietrangelo but have never seen it anywhere else. No need to worry

Old
06-25-2013, 03:59 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 2238
I don't think there would be. If Homer actually leaked out that he was planning on offersheeting Petro, before the window opened, you'd think there would be tampering penalties. It's all just speculation based on past events and Philly's desperation for defense...

Old
06-25-2013, 05:49 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post
It's easy to think like that, but let's face it: the hawks made more than just one good pick, and that's the real difference between us.

Keith, Kane, Toews, Seabrook, Crawford, Bolland, Saad, Hjalmarsson, Niemi (undrafted fa), Byfuglien, Bickell ...etc. The list goes on. It wasn't just one pick or player (as prolific as some of them are individually).

Toews is great, and no doubt he'd make a difference, but who knows how things might have actually turned out. I think that even if we took Toews instead of Johnson, and drafted everyone else the same (Oshie, Backes, Perron...etc.)...we'd probably still be in a similar position right now.

Chicago drafted extremely well as a whole for both of their cup teams, they then topped it all off with players like Sharp and Hossa to complete the picture (I will say we're probably in a similar position...it'll be much harder for us to get that last piece or two though).

End result: Two rings.
The key difference to me was the Hossa signing. The team was young and dangerous (like the Blues are) but signing another high-end forward in his prime, with SCF experience, is what put them over the top. They never had anything special at goaltending (and I thought that would hold them back this season) but they were good enough to win the Cup. Heck, they even jettisoned Niemi after the first win.

The Blues need their "Hossa signing". Was it the Bouwmeester trade? I think that's a high profile move that should pay off a lot...but they still need to find one more high-end forward. Tarasenko doesn't have to be Patrick Kane, but he does need to find consistency as a young player. I still think one more player in their prime who wants to win a Cup needs to be added. Looking at the current roster/salary, I believe Armstrong will have to make a trade to make that happen, and it won't be in this off-season.

Closed Thread