HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The sauve situation:

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2004, 04:05 PM
DRL
Streak killers!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
The sauve situation:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
since lacroix passed on tugnut and sauve has posted back-to-back great games do u think he has earned the backup job for the rest of the season?

or do u think lacroix thought the timing was wrong, and he'll keep sauve till the deadline?

i know people dont want to cause confusion in hershey so if lacroix acquires a vet backup, what about keeping sauve as a 3rd stringer to keep getting nhl quality practice and valuable playoff experience, probably not the best idea but this could be an awkard position no matter what.

i think lacroix passed on tugger because right now sauve is more capable of getting points than tugnut, who at this point in his career reminds me of billington, nearly finished.

what are some possible scenarios u see playing out besides aebi as #1 and sauve as #2 taking into account the development of sauve, budaj and the lawson situation.

who are your top 3 choices for a vet backup if lacroix decides to go that route:

mine:

1) roloson(great goalie who has gone deep in the playoffs before)
2) snow(on a roll, been to the finals, ufa at end of the year)
3) tugnut(ufa at the end of the year, good team guy)

Old
01-07-2004, 04:58 PM
Foppa

vCash: 500
I'd rather keep Sauve than get Tugnutt.

Honestly, I don't know why everyone is freaking out about Sauve. He's putting up very good numbers for a rookie and has been picking up some steam recently.

Tugnutt is good in the lockerroom...whoopdeedoo. If the Avs problem is in the lockerroom with guys like Sakic, Foote, Blake, Forsberg, and Kariya - then there is a much bigger problem on this team than a backup goalie.

Tugnutt had an under 90% save percentage on a GOOD Stars team last year. He's gotten a whopping 5 games this year and has been worse. He's washed up. Sauve is better than him.

If we get a new backup goalie, it better be one that can at least push Abby for the starting job...the last time I saw so many Avs fans get gooey on a veteran lockerroom presence was when we got a washed up 'leader' in Mike Keane (second go around). And we all know how much that helped us...

Closed Thread