HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXIX

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-25-2013, 10:12 PM
  #101
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118
 
Mystic MacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 26,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Yes, but there wasn't amnesty buyouts from the last lockout. The cap going down doesn't change what the top tier FA's make this year, it will only effect the 2nd tier FAs.
They had compliance buyouts after the last lockout. They weren't limited to two either, they could do as many as they wanted.

Mystic MacK is online now  
Old
06-25-2013, 10:14 PM
  #102
MartinLetain21
Registered User
 
MartinLetain21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 345
vCash: 500
Im surprised there isnt more talk on here about our 2nd biggest need (top line LW) and who to possibly target to play with Duchene and Parenteau. I know the major focus is on aquiring a top 2 LD which is understandable, but shifting focus away from that for a minute who are some reasonable guys at LW we may land? I know if we draft Mackinnon we are overloaded with 4 top 3 centermen, but I dont beleive for a second we roll into next season with one of those guys on the wing. I know Oreilly played some at the world championships but he is more well used at C. He is also our best faceoff guy and 2 way forward.

Anyways, a few guys I think we can have a shot at are:

-Vanek (trade)
-MacCarthur(trade or UFA)
-Hartnell(trade)
-Dupuis(UFA)
-Stalburg(UFA)
-Bickel(UFA)
-Bollig(UFA)
-Hartnell(trade)
-Clutterbuck(trade)

and finally someone young with tons of potential, id love to possibly land Matt Calvert to go with our young core.

I also made a list of our tradeable assets that have a least some value that I would be ok letting go for the right return..

-Stastny
-Mcginn
-Jones
-Elliot
-Hunwick
-2013 2nd
-2014 1st

If any of these assets can bring us any of those mentioned players I would be more than happy.

MartinLetain21 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 10:19 PM
  #103
hockeyfish
Registered User
 
hockeyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: DENVER!!!!!!!
Country: United States
Posts: 9,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinLetain21 View Post
Im surprised there isnt more talk on here about our 2nd biggest need (top line LW) and who to possibly target to play with Duchene and Parenteau. I know the major focus is on aquiring a top 2 LD which is understandable, but shifting focus away from that for a minute who are some reasonable guys at LW we may land? I know if we draft Mackinnon we are overloaded with 4 top 3 centermen, but I dont beleive for a second we roll into next season with one of those guys on the wing. I know Oreilly played some at the world championships but he is more well used at C. He is also our best faceoff guy and 2 way forward.

Anyways, a few guys I think we can have a shot at are:

-Vanek (trade)
-MacCarthur(trade or UFA)
-Hartnell(trade)
-Dupuis(UFA)
-Stalburg(UFA)
-Bickel(UFA)
-Bollig(UFA)
-Hartnell(trade)
-Clutterbuck(trade)

and finally someone young with tons of potential, id love to possibly land Matt Calvert to go with our young core.

I also made a list of our tradeable assets that have a least some value that I would be ok letting go for the right return..

-Stastny
-Mcginn
-Jones
-Elliot
-Hunwick
-2013 2nd
-2014 1st

If any of these assets can bring us any of those mentioned players I would be more than happy.
I think you may have missed some news from the last 24 hours (it's O'Reilly slated to take that spot)

hockeyfish is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 10:24 PM
  #104
niwotsblessing
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: People's Republic
Country: Iceland
Posts: 1,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Just to clarify....the asking price to SWAP PICKS with the Avs was/is Erik Gudbranson, is that what they said?
That's the starting point for the negotiation, who knows what will actually be offered, or what the Avs are willing to accept. We may never know.

niwotsblessing is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 10:26 PM
  #105
MartinLetain21
Registered User
 
MartinLetain21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 345
vCash: 500
thats the word today that yes I am aware of, but like I said, I dont beleive that for a second that we put Oreilly at wing. Yes Roy said he would tonight, but you have to think that a trade goes down to aquire a top LW or D. They know our weaknesses and it would be very dissapointing for it not too be fixed.

MartinLetain21 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 10:41 PM
  #106
RockLobster
Moderator
Ron hates lying...
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 21,032
vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by niwotsblessing View Post
That's the starting point for the negotiation, who knows what will actually be offered, or what the Avs are willing to accept. We may never know.
Well I know that Dater had mentioned it, I guess I was surprised to see that someone picked up on it on TV.

__________________

You've got to choose it to lose it, so let me plug it in. Robots are my next of kin.
RockLobster is online now  
Old
06-25-2013, 10:59 PM
  #107
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 450
i figured the cost would have been Kulikov but Gudbranson is interesting.

CalderKing21 is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 12:35 AM
  #108
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinLetain21 View Post
thats the word today that yes I am aware of, but like I said, I dont beleive that for a second that we put Oreilly at wing. Yes Roy said he would tonight, but you have to think that a trade goes down to aquire a top LW or D. They know our weaknesses and it would be very dissapointing for it not too be fixed.
Drafting Mackinnon means we have no weaknesses offensively.


Our Top 9 is full:


ROR - Duchene - PAP
Landy - Stastny - Jones
McGinn - Mack - Downie



We don't have any room for another top 9 and we don't really need one.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 12:40 AM
  #109
zxcvnm
Registered User
 
zxcvnm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Remember SammyJankis
Country: United States
Posts: 584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
Drafting Mackinnon means we have no weaknesses offensively.


Our Top 9 is full:


ROR - Duchene - PAP
Landy - Stastny - Jones
McGinn - Mack - Downie



We don't have any room for another top 9 and we don't really need one.
We could use an upgrade on Stastny's right wing.

zxcvnm is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 12:40 AM
  #110
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 54,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
Drafting Mackinnon means we have no weaknesses offensively.

Our Top 9 is full:

ROR - Duchene - PAP
Landy - Stastny - Jones
McGinn - Mack - Downie

We don't have any room for another top 9 and we don't really need one.
If Jones doesn't bounce back, that's a big weakness. We also don't know how Downie will look, might take him a while to get going.

OT: Why do you put so many spaces in your posts?

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 12:41 AM
  #111
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick
 
CoachBadkitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
Drafting Mackinnon means we have no weaknesses offensively.


Our Top 9 is full:


ROR - Duchene - PAP
Landy - Stastny - Jones
McGinn - Mack - Downie



We don't have any room for another top 9 and we don't really need one.
If Jones rebounds you are correct, but if he plays like he did last year, we absolutely need another winger

e: wow beaten by 2 guys

CoachBadkitten is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 12:51 AM
  #112
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvnm View Post
We could use an upgrade on Stastny's right wing.
Well Jones wont be bought out or traded. Regardless of what he does next year were stuck with him for at least 1 more year.


And if he can bounce back to his 20-25 goal seasons next year, he wouldn't even be a weakness.



But as it stand right now. We really don't need to make any trades or signings for a forward unless its a Defensive PK Specialist on the 4th line.


Defensively we definitely could use another Top 4 Dman though.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 01:06 AM
  #113
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
Drafting Mackinnon means we have no weaknesses offensively.


Our Top 9 is full:


ROR - Duchene - PAP
Landy - Stastny - Jones
McGinn - Mack - Downie



We don't have any room for another top 9 and we don't really need one.
that's not even close to true. we have major holes on offense. a good amount of play making types but few finishers and guys that can create their own offense. even with Mac you still need a really good winger.

CalderKing21 is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 01:18 AM
  #114
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
that's not even close to true. we have major holes on offense. a good amount of play making types but few finishers and guys that can create their own offense. even with Mac you still need a really good winger.
This isn't true either.

Unless Jones plays really poorly again next year we don't need any other forwards.

If Jones plays poorly then yes we could use another goal scoring Winger.


But if he plays to his abilities we have Jones, Landy, PAP, McGinn who are all capable of scoring 20-25 goals.


Add Mack to the fold and we have a good group of goal scorers.


We don't need to pick up anymore forwards once we take Mackinnon. All we need is for our guys to continue developing like they have and we'll have a incredibly strong offense in a few years.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:20 AM
  #115
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
This isn't true either.

Unless Jones plays really poorly again next year we don't need any other forwards.

If Jones plays poorly then yes we could use another goal scoring Winger.


But if he plays to his abilities we have Jones, Landy, PAP, McGinn who are all capable of scoring 20-25 goals.


Add Mack to the fold and we have a good group of goal scorers.


We don't need to pick up anymore forwards once we take Mackinnon. All we need is for our guys to continue developing like they have and we'll have a incredibly strong offense in a few years.
plus it would help if you know, our defenders chip in some goals and assists.

avs dmen were brutal at contributing offensively (5 goals combined, 2 from barrie) and its not like they played stifling defense lol Hopefully Elliot gets his game together and barrie continues what he did last year. Johnson will be motivated as well.

avsfan89 is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:36 AM
  #116
PAZ
.
 
PAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,013
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
This isn't true either.

Unless Jones plays really poorly again next year we don't need any other forwards.

If Jones plays poorly then yes we could use another goal scoring Winger.


But if he plays to his abilities we have Jones, Landy, PAP, McGinn who are all capable of scoring 20-25 goals.


Add Mack to the fold and we have a good group of goal scorers.


We don't need to pick up anymore forwards once we take Mackinnon. All we need is for our guys to continue developing like they have and we'll have a incredibly strong offense in a few years.
Don't like that logic. I don't mind picking the defenseman over the forward if they're equal on the list, but if theres a forward that's BPA they should take them. Gives a stronger farm team and system, and a winning environment always helps. Who know's what our forwards will look like in 4 years times.

Duchene, Landeskog, and Mackinnon (if drafted) are the only ones I would guarantee that are still on the team in 4 years.

On a sidenote, these would be the lines i'd like to see for next year:

Mcginn - Duchene- PAP
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Downie
Stastny - Mackinnon - Jones

Top two lines are set and have shown chemistry together. Third line is the question mark, but I don't see why Mackinnon + Staz won't work out. If Jones falters, we have Sgarbossa/Hishon to call up which would gel nicely with that line as well, hell even Pajamas wouldn't look half bad there.


Last edited by PAZ: 06-26-2013 at 02:43 AM.
PAZ is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 06:14 AM
  #117
forsbergavs32
Registered User
 
forsbergavs32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fresno,CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,708
vCash: 50
That top 9 looks good but what happens when the inevitable Avalanche of injuries happens...we're gonna have guys like Mcleod, Mitchell and Olver potentially playing top 6...we really need to add some quality depth wingers.

forsbergavs32 is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 07:20 AM
  #118
iceberg
Registered User
 
iceberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Regehr was born here
Country: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 2,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsbergavs32 View Post
That top 9 looks good but what happens when the inevitable Avalanche of injuries happens...we're gonna have guys like Mcleod, Mitchell and Olver potentially playing top 6...we really need to add some quality depth wingers.
The only way McLeod, Over or Mitchell are on the top 6 is if there are 4 injuries at the same time to our top 9.

iceberg is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 07:36 AM
  #119
ABasin
Something's wrong
 
ABasin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
Drafting Mackinnon means we have no weaknesses offensively.


Our Top 9 is full:


ROR - Duchene - PAP
Landy - Stastny - Jones
McGinn - Mack - Downie
Um, I do have an ever-so-slight concern about that 2nd line right wing.

Seeing what Downie can do will be interesting also. I'm not pessimistic about him or anything, just not sure exactly what to expect.

ABasin is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 07:37 AM
  #120
ABasin
Something's wrong
 
ABasin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
The only way McLeod, Over or Mitchell are on the top 6 is if there are 4 injuries at the same time to our top 9.
Late last year, McLeod proved that he is a legitimate 2nd line scoring wing.

ABasin is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 07:39 AM
  #121
Avs71
Registered User
 
Avs71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,873
vCash: 500
Finally a Leaf rumour in the Avs favour. (From twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLRumoursDaily
The Avs NEED Jones, but I heard from 2 different people that this Phaneuf Stastny thing may run deeper including Colborne Gunnarson & picks

Avs71 is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 07:51 AM
  #122
iceberg
Registered User
 
iceberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Regehr was born here
Country: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 2,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Late last year, McLeod proved that he is a legitimate 2nd line scoring wing.
And that's why i think we are ready to trade Stastny.

iceberg is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 07:54 AM
  #123
bohlmeister
Moves Like Malkin
 
bohlmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
Finally a Leaf rumour in the Avs favour. (From twitter)



Don't laugh. I'm sure they think EJ is involved.

bohlmeister is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 08:53 AM
  #124
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 29,282
vCash: 925
Dave Lozo’s Bag Skate: The offseason will be an orgy of trades, signings and buyouts like never before.

Good read imo.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 08:54 AM
  #125
Playmaker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
I hear the Preds will let Jonathon Blum become an UFA. I'd like to see him bounce back with us.

Playmaker is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.