HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Kostitsyn put on waivers; Heading to KHL?

Old
06-21-2013, 10:23 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
I'm not ready to give up on SK yet. He had a down year, it happens. Dude has a nice wrister and can score. Not everyone on our team can be a grinder.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 06-21-2013 at 11:01 AM. Reason: cleaning thread
kypredsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:02 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

OK I think that debate ran its course. For those of you who missed it, nothing more to see here.

Let's keep it on topic now.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

For me, it wasn't just a down year. He was pretty good his first regular season, but had an underwhelming playoffs. His second year he was underwhelming and had a brutal playoffs. Then his 3rd year was brutal. Outside of a few months his first season, he's been trending downwards. I think he's run his course here. It's time to move on.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 05:47 PM
WartracePred

I don't think he ever got over his brother's benching in the playoffs. He publicly criticized the decision to scratch Andre and Radulov. Then he's an all star in the KHL before the lockout ended. Either of those situations justify a desire to return the KHL.

I think he was here giving minimal effort to fulfill his contractual obligation on a struggling team.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 05:59 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Let's not forget that this is still nothing more than a rumor... For now

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 07:06 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Rumor or not. Poile doesn't want him. He won't be on the team

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 07:42 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Poile or I Will Son (doesn't want him)? Don't mix those up.

Old
06-21-2013, 08:37 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
There is a difference between Poile allowing a player that is unhappy to seek an opportunity in another league (as was done with Jamie Lundmark - mutual release) and Poile simply not wanting him. Poile is not actively shopping SK74 to the KHL, he is allowing him to seek out opportunities to see if he'd be happier there.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 12:41 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
i think poile is letting sk explore options.. if he wants to go to KHL, so be it.. id prefer a pick

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:30 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Poile is a good guy. Some GMs look at this as strictly business, and some fans are OK with that. It is a business after all. There is nothing wrong with that attitude unless you actively try to screw people over for personal gain or because of a vendetta. Poile, though, probably knows the return he can get for SK right now isn't worth putting the kid through more unhappiness when he has the chance to go to the KHL and be happier.

That's just speculation on my part, but I genuinely think Poile tries to do right by his players. Even if he can't get much of a return, it could benefit the team in other ways. SK had a great season for us in 2010-2011, and a pretty decent one in 2011-2012. Last year he just seemed disinterested. That could have been an off year, or it could have been him simply being unhappy and unable to be motivated by anything. I've been there before. Unhappiness can make a person go from enjoying something deeply to not caring at all.

The bottom line is this is a team sport. Teams who are successful have players who all buy into the philosophy of being a team. When a member of the team, especially one being paid $3m, is not buying in it disrupts the entire unit. Regardless of the reason, if SK doesn't belong here he doesn't belong here.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 09:26 AM
token grinder

wonder how the view would be different if not for the bad line change in Edmonton. We would still be talking about his lack of offense last year and hoping the contract year lit a fire under him. But to call him lazy is a bit of a misnomer. you don't play the pk for trotz if you are lazy. you don't draw the end of game d-zone draws for trotz if you are lazy. Hell, even trotz said that he had the best defensive mind on the team.

don't get me wrong, I would like to get something for him, because I am not a fan of paying 3 million for a guy that is not delivering the offensive goods, but the lazy card is a stupid one to play in this case because it is not true. decision making people. decision making he fails at.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 09:29 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
wonder how the view would be different if not for the bad line change in Edmonton. We would still be talking about his lack of offense last year and hoping the contract year lit a fire under him. But to call him lazy is a bit of a misnomer. you don't play the pk for trotz if you are lazy. you don't draw the end of game d-zone draws for trotz if you are lazy. Hell, even trotz said that he had the best defensive mind on the team.

don't get me wrong, I would like to get something for him, because I am not a fan of paying 3 million for a guy that is not delivering the offensive goods, but the lazy card is a stupid one to play in this case because it is not true. decision making people. decision making he fails at.
Nail on the head.

kypredsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 10:14 PM
maplepred

So is he gone for sure??

maplepred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 12:44 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
So is he gone for sure??
not as of now. unless someone has a new link its just in the exploratory phase

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 06:22 AM
maplepred

He better go in next few days, so we have more options through draft and free agency.

With our luck he will leave July 12th, after all moves are made and free agency is picked over.
Thanks sk!

maplepred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 08:39 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

So if he leaves, his 3 Million $ hit is off our Cap, right ?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 09:37 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
yes, thats correct, and just as importantly that $3 mil will be available to Poile to spend

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 09:50 AM
token grinder

Quote:
I would guess (and I am probably wrong) that they would mutually agree to terminate his contract. I think he would then go to 100 dollar waivers or whatever it is called and leave

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 08:11 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
According to an article in the fishwrap today, if we loan him to the KHL, which we would do if he finds a deal over there, we do not owe him the salary but the $3 million would count against our cap. That's what I understood from the article.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 08:19 AM
Persona5

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
According to an article in the fishwrap today, if we loan him to the KHL, which we would do if he finds a deal over there, we do not owe him the salary but the $3 million would count against our cap. That's what I understood from the article.
I do not understand the logic in that at all from a Predator standpoint. The only reason you would allow this is if you didn't plan on spending close to the cap this offseason. Poile keeps telling us we will be a close to cap team but I keep seeing signs of it not happening. I guess this would be a way to make it "look" like we were spending to the cap at least.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 09:14 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
I do not understand the logic in that at all from a Predator standpoint. The only reason you would allow this is if you didn't plan on spending close to the cap this offseason. Poile keeps telling us we will be a close to cap team but I keep seeing signs of it not happening. I guess this would be a way to make it "look" like we were spending to the cap at least.
I'd think if we spent 5mil to the cap limit it would be as close as we've ever been.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Yeah I forgot about that new CBA rule.

Quote:
10. Contracts Outside the League

Money paid to Players on NHL SPCs (one-ways and two-ways) in another professional league will not be counted against the Players’ Share, but will be counted against the NHL Club’s Averaged Club Salary for the period during which such Player is loaned to another professional league as follows:

a) In the case of a one-way SPC, the AA of such SPC less the then applicable NHL Minimum Salary plus $375,000 (e.g., currently $900,000) will be counted against the Club’s Averaged Club Salary, or

b) In the case of a two-way SPC, the total compensation (defined for these purposes as the greater of: i) that League’s Year’s stated Paragraph 1 Minor League Salary and Bonuses (other than Exhibit 5 Bonuses unless earned) and ii) guaranteed salary and Bonuses) in excess of the then applicable NHL Minimum Salary plus $375,000 (e.g., currently $900,000) will be counted against the Club’s Averaged Club Salary.

For further clarity, any Exhibit 5 performance bonuses payable but not earned/paid shall not be charged to the Club’s Averaged Club Salary pursuant to this provision. For example, if a Player on a two-way SPC with Paragraph 1 Salary of $600,000/$60,000 and Earnable Exhibit 5 Performance Bonuses of $2,850,000 (AA = 3,450,000) is Loaned to another professional League, the Player’s Club will not receive a charge to its Averaged Club Salary for as long as such Player is on Loan.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 09:53 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Oh now that is clear as mud....

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:59 PM
29dryden29

Let him walk he is only going to continue his downward spiral. There is a reason HABS fans were happy to see him go and now you guys are living it also. Hope that crow is tasty for those that told me it was all sour grapes lol.

Last edited by 29dryden29: 06-26-2013 at 02:07 PM.
29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 02:07 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Hope that crow is tasty for that told me it was all sour grapes lol.
He scored 23 goals here after he left. It was sour grapes.