HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Flyers use a compliance buyout on Ilya Bryzgalov's contract (updates in post #1)

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2013, 10:48 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
No one said anything to the contrary. I still didn't see the steep decline in play some are referring too. It may happen soon but not yet IMO. That's not to say he's the same player he was here but not nearly as bad as people are making him out to be. He's still a good player.
He's still a good player but he didn't look the same after that concussion compared to his time here. I would say that's why some made it out to be like that.

Old
06-25-2013, 10:51 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
???

He was probably their best player this post-season and had a productive season (roughly 60 points in a full season)

I would be shocked if Richards ever scores 60 pts in a season again. He is breaking down physically. This year his shifts were pathetic, he was constantly the first of his linemates to get off the ice. He was the 4th option on the PK. Many of his assists were get the puck to carter and let carter make some incredible shot or move, He didn't set carter up with any tap ins or perfect set ups.

I am a huge richards fan but it pains me to see him be shell of his former self. He is slow , weak, and I don't see it getting any better. Jarrett Stoll was providing as much even strength production as him at 2 million cheaper. Richards is also signed to he is 35 He is going to be a for sure 4th liner by then.

Old
06-25-2013, 10:53 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
He's still a good player but he didn't look the same after that concussion compared to his time here. I would say that's why some made it out to be like that.
That's fine but I would argue that even after coming back he was one of the teams best players in the playoffs overall.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:17 PM
domestique

While I am not surprised and happy Bryz is finally gone.... I thought Homer would have waited till the end of summer (after a goalie signing) or even until next year to buy out Bryz. This was a dumb move buying him out BEFORE we have replacement. Now any UFA or trade will be asking for more money as they know we are going to be desperate to sign another goalie.

A little perspective. The money we OWE Bryz not to play is only a little less than what Nashville is paying Weber in bonuses to actually play.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:29 PM
sg12lw

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
That's fine but I would argue that even after coming back he was one of the teams best players in the playoffs overall.

richards is still a good player, and a great player to have on your team

...but in 2-3 years (maybe sooner) he's going to be the most overpaid 3rd line center in the league

id argue right now hes AT BEST a 2nd line center, and he is noticeably declining every year....which is sad bc a guy like him who has always been all heart is already winding down a little bit, and yet a guy like carter still has a lot of years left bc he plays a much softer game than the much smaller richards...not fair, but thats life

we are much better off with simmonds/schenn than richards, and its really not even close imo

like the guy a lot, but dont want him back (not with his current contract anyway)

Old
06-25-2013, 11:31 PM
sg12lw

Quote:
Originally Posted by domestique View Post
While I am not surprised and happy Bryz is finally gone.... I thought Homer would have waited till the end of summer (after a goalie signing) or even until next year to buy out Bryz. This was a dumb move buying him out BEFORE we have replacement. Now any UFA or trade will be asking for more money as they know we are going to be desperate to sign another goalie.

A little perspective. The money we OWE Bryz not to play is only a little less than what Nashville is paying Weber in bonuses to actually play.
I'm not a cba expert, but I thought there was only a 2 week window to use your "compliance" buyouts...i know the late finals sort of messed with the dates, but I think the window opens 48 hours after the finals and lasts for two weeks.....im sure someone else could confirm though

Old
06-25-2013, 11:42 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 230
I was watching the Big Bang Theory and Sheldon was caught in an endless loop. The same can be said about the Flyers goalie situation. It will never end.

Old
06-26-2013, 05:35 AM
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
People criticize them for their tmz like articles they've been producing for the last couple of years now not just with Bryz. I don't think the second part falls under that category.

Snider personally said it with his name on it during an interview. Saying Bryz fell asleep during a meeting with an unnamed source and no proof behind it is what people criticize them for it has nothing to do with hockey as an example.

If you want a double standard, how about all the people on here who bashed them for the way they treated Richards & Carter and then turned around took their word as gospel when it came to Bryz because he's a ****y goaltender.

There are people here who are just consistent with their bashing of the media regardless of who the player is they are targeting with these articles.
That is another good example.

I never said everyone, I said some. There have been plenty of reports about Mr. Space Cadet, enough to safely say there is some truth to them. This is a smoke situation and if there is smoke there is fire. Those Coyote players that ripped Bryz were also interviewed so we have their names as well yet some do not believe or did not believe them. So, I still think it is a double standard.

Old
06-26-2013, 06:28 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Fly Guy View Post
Yup. I'm sure LA would gladly take Simmer, Schenn and Grossmann for him. And our team would be awful
Kings fans love Richards and Carter. I'm pretty sure they'd prefer to have 2 forwards with great leadership who can play both ends of the ice over those 3. They do like Simmonds, that's for sure, but neither have shown much defense-wise and that's important in LA.

Old
06-26-2013, 06:31 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
People criticize them for their tmz like articles they've been producing for the last couple of years now not just with Bryz. I don't think the second part falls under that category.

Snider personally said it with his name on it during an interview. Saying Bryz fell asleep during a meeting with an unnamed source and no proof behind it is what people criticize them for it has nothing to do with hockey as an example.

If you want a double standard, how about all the people on here who bashed them for the way they treated Richards & Carter and then turned around took their word as gospel when it came to Bryz because he's a ****y goaltender.

There are people here who are just consistent with their bashing of the media regardless of who the player is they are targeting with these articles.
I think everyone knows what a lousy bunch of gossips the Philly reporters are. It's been going on forever.

Old
06-26-2013, 06:34 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Pretty bad that you can tell a guy is worthless just by the way he performed during the preseason of contract year one.

Old
06-26-2013, 07:22 AM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by domestique View Post

There's a huge real difference between paying $27 million in one year, and paying $23 million over 14 years.

And the Flyers only had till July 4th to use their buyouts, or they would have had to wait till next summer.

Old
06-26-2013, 07:55 AM
LI Fly Guy

Back when Randy Miller tweeted Timmy Thomas wants to come to Philly, on the Bruins board some guy posted he had it on good info Thomas was coming here.

Also stated last night on main board it's gonna happen.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=#post64820039

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=#post68005663

Old
06-26-2013, 08:34 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

I think failing Emery, we definitely go after Thomas. Thomas has stated before that he wants to be here.

Old
06-26-2013, 08:40 AM
LI Fly Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I think failing Emery, we definitely go after Thomas. Thomas has stated before that he wants to be here.
I'd be happy with either, but would much rather have Thomas.

Old
06-26-2013, 08:46 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

If it's Tim Thomas it'd better be a 1 year deal.

Old
06-26-2013, 08:49 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Was just about to post this. Not a fan of going after Thomas to begin with, but if its on eyear, $1 million (or thereabouts) I am OK with it.

Old
06-26-2013, 09:19 AM
LI Fly Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Kings fans love Richards and Carter. I'm pretty sure they'd prefer to have 2 forwards with great leadership who can play both ends of the ice over those 3. They do like Simmonds, that's for sure, but neither have shown much defense-wise and that's important in LA.
Of course they love them. They won a cup and almos went back this year with them. But that comment was in response to wanting just Richards back. We didn't get those 3 for Richards and Carter, just Richards. I'd kill myself if that's all we had. Add Couturier,
Voracek and Cousins if your gonna brig Carter into the discussion.

Old
06-26-2013, 09:26 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
If Holmgren has any sense, it would have to be.

Old
06-26-2013, 10:20 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
If Holmgren has any sense, it would have to be.
Which means it'll be for 3 years and too much money for a head case who hasn't played in a year at age 39. I want NO parts of Tim Thomas. None. Yes, he was great, but he hasn't played and he's old, not to mention he'll get eviscerated in the Philly media.

I have no idea who they should get, unless somehow they can finagle Luongo in post-buyout for a fairly cheap rate. The thought of going with Mason as your #1 gives me nightmares.

Old
06-26-2013, 10:30 AM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands77 View Post
Which means it'll be for 3 years and too much money for a head case who hasn't played in a year at age 39. I want NO parts of Tim Thomas. None. Yes, he was great, but he hasn't played and he's old, not to mention he'll get eviscerated in the Philly media.

I have no idea who they should get, unless somehow they can finagle Luongo in post-buyout for a fairly cheap rate. The thought of going with Mason as your #1 gives me nightmares.
I wouldn't get too picky. i'll take tim thomas for a year til we figure out who mason is. i assume we'll wind up with emery tho. maybe it'll work out this time. either way with bryz not here were gonna find out for real whats up with our team. I can't wait for hockey to start again.

Old
06-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

What evidence is there that Thomas is a head case? Because he happens to have an opinion he cares about?

I'm infinitely more concerned about his year off at an advanced age.

06-26-2013, 10:53 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
What evidence is there that Thomas is a head case? Because he happens to have an opinion he cares about?

Basically this. I hate the guy, but putting that all aside, for him to play hockey after over a full calender year without playing and at his age is a really big concern. Even though I'm not sure about his hip, I'd still rather go for Emery. And if he is cheap enough, go for Luongo maybe.

Old
06-26-2013, 10:54 AM
LI Fly Guy

Quote:

I'm not. He's been playing goal for
probably 30 years. A year off isn't necessarily a bad thing. Doubt he forgot how to play.

Happy you said a YEAR off. Keep seeing people saying hasn't played in 2 years. He hasn't played since last April. By the time season comes around its about a year and a half

When that guy is on, he steals games. Something we haven't had in forever. That would be a nice change. I think it'd be worth the risk. Same for Luongo if he's bought out.

Old
06-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Danko
...the way she goes

vCash: 420
Quote:

Yeah. I'd prefer if he shuts up and plays hockey, but if he can regain his form then screw it - I Survived The Bryzaster...i can deal with a political nut job.

Closed Thread