HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Goaltending Discussion - Which #29?

Old
06-25-2013, 08:00 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
I can see Bryz going back to Phoenix to play for Tippett, he had the most success with him.
i've heard that Doan and NHL Player Morris publicly threw him under the bus after he left.

Quote:
Q: There is a mental strength that is missing there, right?

We're actually glad -- first of all, I'm glad he's gone because the guy we brought in has done a great job and fitted in real well, made our team even closer. There was some animosity there with Bryz sometimes. We don't have that with [Mike Smith] so we have a good group and we're winning games because of it.
http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...delphia-flyers

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

It's understandable that people may want to trade MAF, and I'm ok with that opinion. However, can we quit saying stuff like "we need a legit number 1 like Bernier". Bernier hasn't been "the guy" for 1 day of his NHL career. Does he even have 1 playoff win yet? Let's please get real and let Bernier carry the load for a couple years before we put him into a category with guys like Rask, Howard, Luongo etc.

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Milliardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Nope. Halak is overrated as is Elliot. Both beneficiaries of STLs defensive system, deep corp of D. Hitchcock hockey makes average goalies look good. Bring them here with our "Forget the Crease and Go North" Bylsma D and they'll be hovering around 3 GA and quickly become whipping boys.

Halak is proabably better than Fleury (remember Fleury has been a lot better regular season than post, so the question is will a goalie be better than MAF regular season too) but not enough to make a huge difference with this D.

We needed a true #1 type like Bernier or Luongo to have any real shot at a major goalie upgrade from Game 1. I still wonder if Fleury is just OK by the mid-way point, if he's not traded at the deadline. Would be nice (if his magic turnaround isn't working by then) if he puts up a half dozen stinkers right after Christmas. Give Shero a reason to pull the trigger.
Huh?

Also, Halak is then times the Nr. 1 that Bernier might never become. Halak is a very good goalie, I don't know what he has done to suggest otherwise.

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote