HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Green Bay Packers vs. Philadelphia Eagles

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2004, 12:45 PM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
OT: Green Bay Packers vs. Philadelphia Eagles

Next week, Brett Favre and the Pack will head into the Linc and lose.

Former Eagle Al Harris ran back a 52yd INT in overtime to give GB the win.

Brett & the rest of the Pack are going down come Sunday! Their luck has run out.

Old
01-04-2004, 12:50 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Seems like the Packers got a Guardian Angel (Favre's dad) watching over them right now, it's almost scarey.

Old
01-04-2004, 01:24 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
almost time for the Eagles to let their fans down....again. Green Bay will be the 2nd team in 2 years to beat the Eagles, in the playoffs, in Philly.
better luck next year.

Packers - 31
Eagles - 24

Old
01-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Flyers26

GO PACK GO!!

Old
01-05-2004, 11:30 AM
Gagne2433

Send a message via AIM to Gagne2433
Cowboys proved to everyone on national television the fraud they truly are...

As for this week's game....

Some have it as being a high scoring game; others low scoring.

I'm on the low scoring side.

Eagles: 17
Packers: 10

It's going to be very cold and maybe even rainy on Sunday. Look for a field position battle and don't expect the Pack to run as well this time on the Birds. The two weeks off will really help heal up Walker and Simon which will do wonders for the run defense.

Last edited by Gagne2433: 01-05-2004 at 05:13 PM.
Old
01-05-2004, 06:07 PM
FlyersGuy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagne2433
Cowboys proved to everyone on national television the fraud they truly are...
lol , you keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. oooooh, you mean like the way the Birds choked last year at home, championship game, against a team that they manhandled for years? yeah that's it.

you don't have 1 ounce of objectivity in your body when it comes to football talk or conversation. all you see is "the Eagles are the greatest thing and everyone else sucks" . you are just like the clowns who call into WIP and embarrass themselve with there nitwitted comments, so give me a break about frauds. when the Eagles EVER win something let me know ok.

BTW, how shocking! you picked the Birds to win this week.

Old
01-06-2004, 04:07 PM
Gagne2433

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerGuy69
lol , you keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. oooooh, you mean like the way the Birds choked last year at home, championship game, against a team that they manhandled for years? yeah that's it.

you don't have 1 ounce of objectivity in your body when it comes to football talk or conversation. all you see is "the Eagles are the greatest thing and everyone else sucks" . you are just like the clowns who call into WIP and embarrass themselve with there nitwitted comments, so give me a break about frauds. when the Eagles EVER win something let me know ok.

Yes, cause you have loads of objectivity in yours.

All you talked about was how the Cowboys were going to make this huge leap next year and the NFC East was going to be weaker and the Eagles are terrible.

However, since the Cowboys were embarassed on national television, it's back to 'what have the Eagles won?". Well, what have the Cowboys won recently? Yeah, they won Super Bowls in the past, but that's the past. It's all about the present in this day and age.

The Eagles are the favorites to win this week. Look at Vegas. 5.5 favorites. Favre and the Pack have not played a solid secondary in weeks and the Seahawks proved last week that Ahman Green was human.

I'm sure you would have picked the Cowboys to beat the Eagles this week if they were to play. Instead, Quincy and the defense got exposed. If you want to talk about overrated this and that, Terrence Newman and Roy Williams looked scared out there during the big game. I'd be more worried about that right now cause the Eagles are going to win this Sunday.

Old
01-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
you don't have 1 ounce of objectivity in your body when it comes to football talk or conversation. all you see is "the Eagles are the greatest thing and everyone else sucks"
And you're a patron saint for unloading on him for saying the Cowboys were exposed? Which they were by the way. Yeesh. And the Cowboy callers on WIP are just as bad as the Eagles callers you railed too.

Old
01-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Brad*

Quote:

I like you so I'll go easy.

You sound like you have a bad case of sour grapes. You talked up the Cowboys left and right like they were the second coming, and they flat out blew it against Carolina. The were ridiculously hyped up by the media and by yourself, and were a grand disappointment when the playoffs rolled around - there is no way to spin yourself out of that.

As far as the Eagles are concerned, they've done just about as much, if not more than the Cowboys in recent years so really you have nothing to stand on when you say they let their fans down. And please, don't bring up the Troy Aikmen Super Bowl teams because, no one, and I mean no one, likes a person who lives in the past.

Old
01-06-2004, 06:20 PM
FlyersGuy69

let's clear up some misunderstandings first,
I never claimed that the Cowboys were anything more than a good team. I never claimed that they would beat Carolina and make it past the 1st round or that they would get to the Super Bowl. the Cowboys have a good team, great coach and if you guys call losing to a good team who is at home in the playoffs, then so be it. I don't see it that way.

Quote:
If you want to talk about overrated this and that, Terrence Newman and Roy Williams looked scared out there during the big game. I'd be more worried about that right now cause the Eagles are going to win this Sunday.
LOL! their scared? that has to be one of the funniest things you've said yet. you mean to tell me that you could see their face(under a helmet) that they were scared from watching on tv?
lol! that's your best line yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
And you're a patron saint for unloading on him for saying the Cowboys were exposed? Which they were by the way. Yeesh. And the Cowboy callers on WIP are just as bad as the Eagles callers you railed too.
again, the Cowboys were exposed? that's your opinion, not mine.

as far as comparing him to a WIP caller and the nitwitted Eagles fans that call up that station being as bad as the Cowboys callers who call in...I agree, there all bad, I din't say they weren't I just compared him to one. that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
You sound like you have a bad case of sour grapes.
nope, I don't. the Cowboys went from 5-11 three years in a row to 10-6, competing for the division and making the playoffs. I am really happy with the way the Cowboys season went.

Quote:
The were ridiculously hyped up by the media and by yourself, and were a grand disappointment when the playoffs rolled around - there is no way to spin yourself out of that.
ridiculously hyped? grand disappointment? well that's your opinion and not mine. I will not try to spin out of anything because I don't feel that there is anything to spin out of.

Quote:
As far as the Eagles are concerned, they've done just about as much, if not more than the Cowboys in recent years so really you have nothing to stand on when you say they let their fans down.
well I hope so, the Cowboys have been 5-11 the last 3 years.

if you don't call losing to Tampa Bay, at home, in the NFC Championship game, being heavily favored, letting their fans down...then I quess you guys don't care about winning.

Quote:
And please, don't bring up the Troy Aikmen Super Bowl teams because, no one, and I mean no one, likes a person who lives in the past.
when was I living in the past? when I said that "when the Eagles win anything let me know"? because I never brought up anything about the Cowboys past, Super Bowls or Troy Aikmen.

Old
01-07-2004, 08:16 AM
Flyers26

I repeat......

GO PACK GO!!

Old
01-07-2004, 08:19 AM
Flyers26

Gagne2433
Dr Love
FlyersPhantoms33
FlyerGuy69

As much as I dislike the Eagles & their fans (yes they are different than the Flyers fans).....

Remember, we are all on the same team!!!

SOB RULES!!!

Old
01-07-2004, 08:35 AM
FlyersGuy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
Gagne2433
Dr Love
FlyersPhantoms33
FlyerGuy69

As much as I dislike the Eagles & their fans (yes they are different than the Flyers fans).....

Remember, we are all on the same team!!!

SOB RULES!!!
your absolutley correct F26!

I am a fan of those guys and certainly don't want to cause any riffs.

SOB RULES!!!

Old
01-07-2004, 09:40 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
I repeat......

GO PACK GO!!
Your Broncos put up some fight! Hahahahahahahaha!

You just better not show your face when the parade hits Broad Street

E...A....G...L...E...S............................ eagles!

Old
01-07-2004, 02:11 PM
Gagne2433

No hard feelings FlyerGuy69....as an Eagle fan.....I have a hating for anything that relates to the Dallas Cowboys.

Anyway, let's go Eagles. Let's go Flyers.

Old
01-07-2004, 02:27 PM
capn89*

As much as I'd love to see the Eagles go all the way, I've always liked Brett Favre, and I think he's too good of a QB to lose to the Eagles... I know it's a team game, but one player can take control & I think it's going to be a battle of QBs, and I just think Brett is better than Donovan. But hopefully I'll be wrong.

Old
01-07-2004, 05:01 PM
FlyersGuy69

Quote:
No hard feelings FlyerGuy69
cool!

Old
01-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Gagne2433

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
As much as I'd love to see the Eagles go all the way, I've always liked Brett Favre, and I think he's too good of a QB to lose to the Eagles... I know it's a team game, but one player can take control & I think it's going to be a battle of QBs, and I just think Brett is better than Donovan. But hopefully I'll be wrong.
Ahh! More Brett Favre propaganda, I tell you!

He's 1-2 in his last 2 playoff games.

Last Sunday was his best playoff game to day.

Brett cannot take control of the game. He can balance it out, but cannot take control like McNabb can. Ahman Green can take the game over.

Brett is a very good quarterback, but not the one of old people. He is not the same guy that won a billion games in a row in the playoffs in Lambeau.

The Eagles will be the best secondary he has faced in over a month. It will show. Trust me.

Closed Thread