HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Puck Danglers/Best Puck Danglers In The NHL

View Poll Results: Who Is The Best Puck Dangler In The NHL?
Jagr 11 20.00%
Havlat 1 1.82%
Ovechkin 4 7.27%
Kovalev 26 47.27%
Forsberg 0 0%
Datsyuk 9 16.36%
Afinogenov 4 7.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Rammztar

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rammztar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
who in the Western Conference can dangle as good as Kovy or come close? I was just wondering because we have a lot of guys in the Eastern conference that can dangle like crazy
Ales Hemsky......is easily in the nhl top 5 list

Rammztar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 04:35 PM
trevchar1971

Quote:
who in the Western Conference can dangle as good as Kovy or come close? I was just wondering because we have a lot of guys in the Eastern conference that can dangle like crazy
Datsyuk and Zherdev are magicians with the puck

trevchar1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Shabutie

How is Kovalchuk not on the list? Crosby should also be above Ovechkin in puckhandling imo.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie_D View Post
THEE best in the entire league is either Alex Kovalev or Pavel Datsyuk. No one else is at there level.
Depends what we're talking about. If we're talking dangles, then they probably are. But if we're talking about all around stickhandling then I'd say there are people above these 2. Kovalev isn't good at protecting the puck, he coughs it up on at least half of his plays...but on the other half he looks like a magician. Thing is most habs fans only seem to remember the good and forget the bad, therefore they think he's got the most skill in the NHL (with the puck).

Old
10-18-2006, 05:32 PM
ryanghg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Depends what we're talking about. If we're talking dangles, then they probably are. But if we're talking about all around stickhandling then I'd say there are people above these 2. Kovalev isn't good at protecting the puck, he coughs it up on at least half of his plays...but on the other half he looks like a magician. Thing is most habs fans only seem to remember the good and forget the bad, therefore they think he's got the most skill in the NHL (with the puck).
He does. Followed by Jagr. Afinogenov and some of the others are good too, but not on the same level. They use their speed much more whereas Kovy just glides around while he's stickhandling....because he can.

ryanghg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 05:38 PM
trevchar1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanghg View Post
He does. Followed by Jagr. Afinogenov and some of the others are good too, but not on the same level. They use their speed much more whereas Kovy just glides around while he's stickhandling....because he can.
I remember seeing him, Kovalev, score some of the slickest goals of all time when he was very young and in a Ranger uniform...... Bure was awesome as well..... but I still think Datsyuk is the best right now.

trevchar1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
No he doesn't...His puck protecting skills and overall play with the puck compared to Jagr, Datsyuk and Kovalchuk is nothing.

Old
10-18-2006, 06:16 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
I voted Datsyuk his shootout moves are crazy looks like he moves his body in odd slow motions to make goalies dive in the incorrect direction!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Adam91

Kovalev is by far the best dangler in the league, not the best results but definitly the best dangler.

I'd also put Hemsky top 5 but knowone else has mentioned him

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

i voted jagr but Kovalev is more flashy. But Jagr has scored some of the most incredible goals of all time just by stickhandling through the whole opposition. Jagr usually just uses his freakish lower body to plow through the opposition though.

for me, it's Jagr alone at number one...
then the rest

Kovalev, Datsyuk, Conolly, Afino, Hemsky, etc.

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 06:49 PM
zecchi

I think Koivu has great ice vision but just doesn't have the moves or the physical skills (not anymore) to match the great vision. For example, he can see a wicked passing lane to an open one-timer on the other side of the rink, but he will miss the pass by a foot. Or he sees the only guy he needs to deke in order to get to the net (where others will take the long road and try to deke everybody, like Perezhogin), but he can't get the defender to commit without losing the puck. He's been slowed by his injuries and with time skills erode, some faster than others.

Kovalev also isn't what he used to, but he still has several nasty moves. As opposed to Koivu, he doesn't seem to have that great an ice vision. He focuses on the next defender and then improvizes a lot. But he's got the moves until he just jams himself into a dead-end.

Samsonov is just creative. Not that crafty. Just creative, and quick.

zecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 02:33 PM
hockeychild99

Quote:
ALES HEMSKY

hockeychild99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 09:34 PM
ryanghg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
No he doesn't...His puck protecting skills and overall play with the puck compared to Jagr, Datsyuk and Kovalchuk is nothing.
??!? Kovalev is one of the strongest guys on his skates I've seen in a long time.

ryanghg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 12015
kovalev is good but hes no datsyuk

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
??!? Kovalev is one of the strongest guys on his skates I've seen in a long time.
I'm talking puck protection, Kovalev coughs up the puck 2/3 plays while Jagr, Datsyuk, Hemsky and some others don't.