HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Draft Talk Part VI: Continued draft day discussion -- rumors, picks, etc...

Closed Thread

Old
06-26-2013, 12:39 PM
King Forsberg
16 21 28 44 68 88 93

vCash: 200
Homer seems to be saying the right things there. Glad to see he thinks Couturier and Schenn are untouchable. Hopefully

Old
06-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

vCash: 500
Hoping for another first.

Trading back would be great, if we could get Morin and Morrissey. If we could get another pick and somehow grab Zadorov/Risto and then snatch Morin It'd make this nightmare of a season easier to look past. Seems to be a lot of big, mobile defensemen in this draft. Could be a springboard to restocking the cupboard.

Old
06-26-2013, 12:43 PM
GrindNMuck

Zadorov, is the Flyers best choice for the 11th pick.

Old
06-26-2013, 12:50 PM
BillDineen

When the Flyers draft Fucale, you will ... ?

Old
06-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
I highly doubt it. But I'll scream.

Old
06-26-2013, 12:56 PM
King Forsberg
16 21 28 44 68 88 93

vCash: 200
So assuming we stay at 11 and Jones is obviously gone, what everyone's rankings for D men only?

Nurse
Ristolainen
Zadorov
Morin
Morrissey
Pulock

Old
06-26-2013, 01:00 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Forsberg View Post
So assuming we stay at 11 and Jones is obviously gone, what everyone's rankings for D men only?

Nurse
Ristolainen
Zadorov
Morin
Morrissey
Pulock
Ristolainen
Zadorov/Nurse
Morrissey/Morin
Pulock

Old
06-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
One such player is Rasmus Ristolainen, a Finnish defenseman that stands at a rugged 6-foot-3 and 207 pounds.

He looks like a man right now compared to some of the kids you see, Holmgren said. He played in the mens league in Finland. I would say of all the defensemen (outside of Seth Jones), in my opinion, hes probably the most ready to jump right in. Offensively he looks like a good, solid prospect with a big shot.
http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...y-put-11-draft

Old
06-26-2013, 01:32 PM
kjbhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Ristolainen
Zadorov/Nurse
Morrissey/Morin
Pulock
Jones:Hands down most complete defensemen in the draft

Nurse: I don't think his offense will ever translate well to the NHL but he's got elite defensive skills and some snarl. He's just a guy you don't want to play against every night.

Risto: He's a safe pick. He'll be a top four defensemen. Kid of reminds me of Seabrook and or Boychuk. His shoot will surprise some people

Zad: Similar to Nurse. He's not an offensive guy. He won't run a PP but his defense is already top notch. If he stays with London he'll get top PP minutes so maybe his game will round out a bit. Think about a more physical version of Bouwmeester.

Morrissey: Can just flat out play. He's not as positionally sound as they others and is a bit of a gambler which is why he is lower.

Pulock: Wicked shot. Good skating skills. Def a PP QB. Needs work in his own end.

Morin: I would stay away from this guy. It just screams bust or a 5-6 year development window. I'm always cautious when I guy jumps 40 spots in rankings.

Old
06-26-2013, 01:38 PM
StoneHands

vCash: 2425
Quote:

Nurse
Ristolainen
Zadorov
Morin
Morrissey
Pulock
Ristolainen
Nurse
Zadorov
Morrissey
Pulock
Theodore
Morin

Old
06-26-2013, 01:41 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
If they have another first, I'll be cool with it. If that is their only first, I will cry.

Old
06-26-2013, 01:46 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneHands View Post
Ristolainen
Nurse
Zadorov
Morrissey
Pulock
Theodore
Morin
I like this, though I would put Morin, Morrissey, and Pulock all on the same level.

Risto
Nurse
Morin/Morrissey/Pulock
Z
Theodore

Old
06-26-2013, 01:48 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Ristolainen
Nurse
Morrissey
Zadorov
Pulock
Hagg
Mueller
Morin
Theodore
McCoshen

Old
06-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:

Nurse
Ristolainen
Zadorov
Morin
Morrissey
Pulock
Out of these names:

Jones
Ristolainen
Morrissey
Nurse
Pulock
Zadorov
Morin

Old
06-26-2013, 02:00 PM
StoneHands

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I like this, though I would put Morin, Morrissey, and Pulock all on the same level.

Risto
Nurse
Morin/Morrissey/Pulock
Z
Theodore
You rank Morin over Zadorov? I see them as the same guy but Zadorov being a better shut down guy and being closer to actually being NHL ready. I'm not high on Morin or Pulock. I can see Pulock as one of those guys that tears up the AHL with like 50 points year after year but is just a liability in his own end so much so that he never sticks in the NHL. Morin I can see being one of those guys that looks great against undeveloped kids but may never be able to play at a high level with the big boys.

Old
06-26-2013, 02:10 PM
dawkins121

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
That last part... **** you Homer. Do not ****ing pick Fucale.
He won't. It's more of a "We are not ruling out keeping Bryzgalov at this time" thing.

Old
06-26-2013, 02:23 PM
JackStraw
Moving much too slow

Quote:

Nurse
Ristolainen
Zadorov
Morin
Morrissey
Pulock
Nurse/Ristolainen (really undecided b/w these two, happy with either one)
Hagg
Mueller
Morrissey
Zadorov
Pulock

Old
06-26-2013, 02:25 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneHands View Post
You rank Morin over Zadorov? I see them as the same guy but Zadorov being a better shut down guy and being closer to actually being NHL ready. I'm not high on Morin or Pulock. I can see Pulock as one of those guys that tears up the AHL with like 50 points year after year but is just a liability in his own end so much so that he never sticks in the NHL. Morin I can see being one of those guys that looks great against undeveloped kids but may never be able to play at a high level with the big boys.
Yeah but not by much. I'm no expert, but from what I have read and seen recently of Morin, I would prefer him to Z (which is contrary to what I have been saying throughout the time leading up to the draft).

Old
06-26-2013, 03:26 PM
macleish1974

Josh

I do not get on these boards much and squawk. And I do not make predictions on this board either.

BUT THIS ONE TIME I AM:

Josh Morrissey will be as good or better than Paul Coffey. You look at vids of either one and the similarities are uncanny. Same style of skating, same style of passing, same size, but slightly different style of shooting from the point. But what Josh has is grit; the kid does not mind going in corners and getting dirty. He is not Pronger but Coffey. You want Pronger, Seth is your man. If you want Coffey you want Morrissey. And at 11, I really think he will be gone. I will be back in a few years either to eat goat or gloat on this one prediction

Old
06-26-2013, 03:35 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleish1974 View Post
I do not get on these boards much and squawk. And I do not make predictions on this board either.

BUT THIS ONE TIME I AM:

Josh Morrissey will be as good or better than Paul Coffey. You look at vids of either one and the similarities are uncanny. Same style of skating, same style of passing, same size, but slightly different style of shooting from the point. But what Josh has is grit; the kid does not mind going in corners and getting dirty. He is not Pronger but Coffey. You want Pronger, Seth is your man. If you want Coffey you want Morrissey. And at 11, I really think he will be gone. I will be back in a few years either to eat goat or gloat on this one prediction
Better than Paul Coffey? You know he scored over a PPG in over 1400 games right? Maybe Morrissey is in the same mold as Paul Coffey, but I don't think it is reasonable to even come close to thinking about suggesting that he could be better than Paul Coffey.

Old
06-26-2013, 03:36 PM
Stizzle

I was just looking at the Proposed NHL Draft Value Pick chart. At a glance, it looks our 1st and 5th, could net us Calgarys two 1sts (22, 28). It is about equal value. That might be enticing depending upon who falls or doesn't fall to 11.

http://statsportsconsulting.com/main...Draftchart.pdf

Old
06-26-2013, 03:37 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Better than Paul Coffey? You know he scored over a PPG in over 1400 games right? Maybe Morrissey is in the same mold as Paul Coffey, but I don't think it is reasonable to even come close to thinking about suggesting that he could be better than Paul Coffey.
Or even as good as. D-men aren't ppg players anymore let alone over ppg.

Old
06-26-2013, 03:40 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:

BUT THIS ONE TIME I AM:

Jones doesn't play like Pronger, and comparing these prospects to Pronger and Coffey is longshot.

Old
06-26-2013, 03:40 PM
StoneHands

Quote:

BUT THIS ONE TIME I AM:

You need to post here more often.

Jones > Pronger
Morrissey > Coffee
Nurse > McNabb
Ristolainen > Bourque
Zadorov > Chara
Pulock > Orr
Morin > Chelios
Theodore > Lidstrom

Last edited by StoneHands: 06-26-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old
06-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
I was just looking at the Proposed NHL Draft Value Pick chart. At a glance, it looks our 1st and 5th, could net us Calgarys two 1sts (22, 28). It is about equal value. That might be enticing depending upon who falls or doesn't fall to 11.

http://statsportsconsulting.com/main...Draftchart.pdf
according to this one the 2nd overall pick plus a 7th rounder is equal to the first pick in the draft.

the more realistic draft trade chart is on broad street hockey.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...lue-trading-up

Closed Thread