HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Puttin' on a clinic!

Old
10-17-2006, 05:12 PM
Capn Brown

vCash: 500
Puttin' on a clinic!

It seems that (as I predicted a couple of months ago) Blake & Cloutier are giving the fans a special demonstration on "how to position a team for picking at least 5th highest in an NHL draft".

Not counting the Dallas defeats (where the WHOLE TEAM was to blame), these two dudes have teamed up to hand the Kings losses to both the Ducks & Stars. WAY TO GO!!!

Whether it's Blake absolutely charging away from his defensive positioning towards ensuring goals against, or Cloutier remaining perfectly motionless while sporting an unprotected 5-hole in reaction to breakaway bids, these two are out to GUARANTEE the Kings a 5th overall draft selection!

Just one question......

Is qualifying for 2007's 5th overall draft choice REALLY worth $9 million???

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 06:52 PM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
I'm having trouble deciding whether it's more annoying that you are tooting your own horn for full-season predictions when we're only 6 games into the season - or if it's the fact that you took 8 emoticons to drive home your point instead of rational written thought.

We're all entitled to our takes on the trouble the Kings find themselves in, but to judge so early is, well - ah, it doesn't matter what I think... But you should consider giving the team a bit more time to come together before you declare them a "GUARANTEED 5th overall".

One man's opinion.

multiball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Osprey

I'm with multiball. Is there a point to this post?

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 07:03 PM
northernKing

[QUOTE=The Daleks;6789809]It seems that (as I predicted a couple of months ago) Blake & Cloutier are giving the fans a special demonstration on "how to position a team for picking at least 5th highest in an NHL draft".

Not counting the Dallas defeats (where the WHOLE TEAM was to blame), these two dudes have teamed up to hand the Kings losses to both the Ducks & Stars. WAY TO GO!!!

Whether it's Blake absolutely charging away from his defensive positioning towards ensuring goals against, or Cloutier remaining perfectly motionless while sporting an unprotected 5-hole in reaction to breakaway bids, these two are out to GUARANTEE the Kings a 5th overall draft selection!

Just one question......

Is qualifying for 2007's 5th overall draft choice REALLY worth $9 million???

IMO DL also has alot to do with getting the top 5 pick

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiball View Post
I'm having trouble deciding whether it's more annoying that you are tooting your own horn for full-season predictions when we're only 6 games into the season - or if it's the fact that you took 8 emoticons to drive home your point instead of rational written thought.

We're all entitled to our takes on the trouble the Kings find themselves in, but to judge so early is, well - ah, it doesn't matter what I think... But you should consider giving the team a bit more time to come together before you declare them a "GUARANTEED 5th overall".

One man's opinion.
I'll tell you what I'm gunna do....

I'll wait until 30 games have been played and then (assuming this post hasn't become locked in that time) bump it up to the front page. But what you'll see then will more or less be what you're seeing now: that your L.A. Kings (and mine!) are (this season, anyway) a bottom 5 team.

And, rest assured, in those 30 games you're gunna see consistent play from both Blake & Cloutier. Unfortunately, consistent isn't the same as good.

And, next time, I'll try to use 9 emoticons, not a measily 8!

Old
10-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
IMO DL also has alot to do with getting the top 5 pick

Very, very true.

I realize that mine is an unpopular opinion, but I'm completely convinced that DL grabbed these two characters because he KNEW that with them, the Kings were worse off.

HOWEVER, DL didn't want to come across as a guy who wants his team to lose. Thus, he gets the two players in question under the guise of "good history with the Kings", or "a great team leader", or "playoff experience", or "has won a Norris Trophy/owns a Stanley Cup ring", or "has the complete respect of coach Crawford".

Meanwhile, the Kings finish in the bottom 5 & a great pick is had (assuming it's not of the Aki Berg variety).

My only beef is that it's taking $9 million for DL to pull off this little scheme. Hey, I've been a King's fan since 1986, so I don't mind seeing my team have a losing season.....I'm used to it! But to throw away all that money in the process seems a little counterproductive, if you ask me.

Of course, the above is merely MHO.

Old
10-17-2006, 08:42 PM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks View Post
I'm completely convinced that DL grabbed these two characters because he KNEW that with them, the Kings were worse off.
Wow. You went from irrational (that's understandable, we all have those moments as hardcore fans) to ridiculous. I'm gonna take that line as non-sarcasm b/c you present it as such. If I'm wrong, fire away. Do you *really* believe it after a few minutes to reflect? Our GM picked players he knew were going to make us worse??? So he could get a better pick in what projects to be a very average draft??? Ah, the stuff X-Files are made of. Maybe he'll pick next year's Aki Berg so that we can have the #1 pick in the 08 draft?

multiball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiball
Do you *really* believe it after a few minutes to reflect?
Hey, call me irrational AND ridiculous, but I *really* believed it as soon as I discovered DL had acquired those guys. Sadly, the young season is proving my theory to be true!

But hey, I'm a firm believer in long-term building, especially if there's a good plan behind it. Unfortunately, I don't see pi$$ing away $9 million as a *good plan*!

Old
10-18-2006, 06:18 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks View Post
But hey, I'm a firm believer in long-term building, especially if there's a good plan behind it. Unfortunately, I don't see pi$$ing away $9 million as a *good plan*!

And here I thought it was Anschutz signing the paychecks.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote