HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komisaurus bad blood vs Iginla

Old
10-18-2006, 05:00 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoser View Post
At the same time, I think Komisarek would give Iginla a pretty good run. Anyone remember when he destroyed that Islanders goon after he ran Huet? I realise that Iginla's no pushover, but Komisarek is one tough guy, and he's a lot bigger then Iginla.
That was Godard, and he wasn't fighting back. He didn't want to take any penalty, so as to give his team a chance to go on an extended powerplay; and that he did, as the Isles went on to a 5-minute PP, if memory serves me correctly.

Komisarek's best, and most successful fight, came against Andre Roy I believe.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Toro

Komo is becoming our best D-man.

Does anyone know what he said to iginla after the final scramble in front of our net at teh end of the game?

it looked good

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post

BTW, Iginla hasn't taken off his visor in a number of fights. Off-hand, I remember he didn't take off his visor versus Hatcher, Lecavalier, Tootoo, or Kesler.
You're right, but you'll note that all of those fights started instantly, which didn't give him a chance to take it off, he just dropped the gloves and started throwing. You'll notice that in his one fight that wasn't like that, he immediately took it off (See: Beauchemin). I just re-watched the tapes and I thought that he had taken it off vs Lecavs and Kesler but I guess it was just knocked off (but as I said, he didn't really have the opportunity to take it off at the point where they were both throwing).

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
That was Godard, and he wasn't fighting back. He didn't want to take any penalty, so as to give his team a chance to go on an extended powerplay; and that he did, as the Isles went on to a 5-minute PP, if memory serves me correctly.

Komisarek's best, and most successful fight, came against Andre Roy I believe.
Yup you are correct and Komi's punches didn't really seem to phase Godard (even if he did turtle).

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 05:13 PM
Toro

When your teammates look up to you when you take on the other teams toughest players and best players, and treat you as a leader you start to feel more comfortable in your surroundings. You start to exhibit more leadership and then comes all the confidence in the world. Komo is going through this process, and by playoff time will be our top D-man we have been looking for.

he gets better every game so far. I am impressed

also i want to note that Ryder is better than ever so far. Guess his back is better (i know i have read this but man its true)

Last edited by Toro: 10-18-2006 at 05:40 PM.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 05:17 PM
sticknrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Jarome "Visor Puss" Iginla wanted nothing to do with Mike "The Beast" Komisarek.
It's actually Jarome "Fishbowl Fighter" Iginla.

sticknrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 05:19 PM
CorsiCounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoser View Post
Iginla is a lot more to Calgary's offense then Komisarek is to our defense. If Komi goes to the box, we have Souray and Markov who can absorb his minutes; if Iginla goes to the box, their offense can't cope, especially the way Tangauy has been playing.

At the same time, I think Komisarek would give Iginla a pretty good run. Anyone remember when he destroyed that Islanders goon after he ran Huet? I realise that Iginla's no pushover, but Komisarek is one tough guy, and he's a lot bigger then Iginla.
This is what I can't stand, you probably heard some analyst say that Tanguay isn't playing good because of the points he has put up but you probably haven't even watched him play. Tanguay has been very good and he creates many chances and has definitely been one of our better players. So please know what your talking about before you say anything.

CorsiCounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Poochie_D

Jarome Iginla is one of the tougher players in the NHL.

Saying that, Komisarak would eat him alive.

Poochie_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie_D View Post
Jarome Iginla is one of the tougher players in the NHL.

Saying that, Komisarak would eat him alive.
Hmm, what makes you say that?

Iginla handled Hatcher very well, for example, and Hatcher's a bigger man (well, taller, not quite as thick) than Komisarek.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 05:59 PM
White Snake*

Komi is definetely raising some eyebrows around the league. Too bad McGuire is too obsessed with opening huets book that he has not noticed Komi's dominance.

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 06:11 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Snake View Post
Komi is definetely raising some eyebrows around the league. Too bad McGuire is too obsessed with opening huets book that he has not noticed Komi's dominance.
Funny you say that. I guess you didn't catch McGuire's radio bit today ? He was saying how Komisarek ws the best player on the ice last night and praising his improved play.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 06:12 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Funny you say that. I guess you didn't catch McGuire's radio bit today ? He was saying how Komisarek ws the best player on the ice last night and praising his improved play.
mcphee, were you listening to Melnik's show this afternoon? Can you tell me what was said about Lecavalier?

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 08:19 AM
Carbo N8

[QUOTE=Poochie_D;6802834]Jarome Iginla is one of the tougher players in the NHL.

Saying that, Komisarak would eat him alive.[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

Iginla is a very good hockey player, who also happens to be a good & dangerous fighter.

Komisarek, as much as I like him, is not, at this stage of his career and probably never will be a true, top heavyweight fighter. He is not even the best fighter on the Habs. If he didn't tie Iginla up early in the fight, he would have his hands full & would probably lose.

What Mike did against Iginla & what he must do against all the top players on the other teams is what will make him so valuable to the Habs. He is big & strong & if he takes an Iginla & others off their game & to the penalty box by playing them ultra physical & engaging them in physical confrontations like that, he will continue to evolve into the defenseman that justifies his selection as the #7 pick in his draft year.

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote