HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2013 Offseason Thread Part IV: SCF, end. Trades, begin.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-26-2013, 02:05 PM
  #776
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
And yet that "very overrated" PP player was tied for 4th in the NHL in PP goals last season, and tied for 8th the year before despite missing 22 games.
He was a good PP player on bad PP teams. I think Nash acquisition makes it somewhat redundant. Nash can't really work the half-wall well and is better suited in front of the net IMO. Callahan also occupies that role, so it's sort of a problem. Both Jagr and Iginla's bread and butter are working the half-wall on the right side.

Edit: I remember when Darcy Tucker and Glen Metropolit had an absurd amount of PP goals with tap-ins in front of the net.


Last edited by Kershaw: 06-26-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:10 PM
  #777
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
sign Lapierre Raymond
sign Fristic Lovejoy
trade one of Staal or Del Zotto for 1st round pick in the 5-12 range if possible




Rangers lines


Kreider Stepan Nash
Raymond Brassard Callahan
Hagelin Miller/Lindberg Zuccarello
Haley Lapierre Dorsett/Asham

McDonagh Girardi
Staal or Del Zotto Stralman
Moore Fristic
Lovejoy as 7th dman

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:10 PM
  #778
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,191
vCash: 500
Everyone talks about getting A RHD who is a trigger man. Iginla can shoot just as hard as any RHD could I bet and he could help in other facets as well. Would he sign here for a year or two (max) though

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:11 PM
  #779
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Everyone talks about getting A RHD who is a trigger man. Iginla can shoot just as hard as any RHD could I bet and he could help in other facets as well. Would he sign here for a year or two (max) though
Is he okay getting 3rd line minutes? Maybe 10-12 minutes a night? Nash and Callahan are going to be ahead of him.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:13 PM
  #780
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Is he okay getting 3rd line minutes? Maybe 10-12 minutes a night? Nash and Callahan are going to be ahead of him.
I strongly doubt Iginla would be getting 10-12 minutes on the Rangers. Maybe the Penguins or Blackhawks, but certainly not the Rangers. He would easily be top 3 winger on this team.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:13 PM
  #781
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I strongly doubt Iginla would be getting 10-12 minutes on the Rangers. Maybe the Penguins or Blackhawks, but certainly not the Rangers. He would easily be top 3 winger on this team.
Same position Gaborik was in. Except Gaborik is the better goal scorer. How did that work out?

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:16 PM
  #782
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Same position Gaborik was in. Except Gaborik is the better goal scorer. How did that work out?
Gaborik struggled because he was put on his off wing along with a low sh%. Even he didn't average 10-12 mins a night, those minutes are for 4th line players. Iginla will average more around 16-18 on any given night, as will Callahan's ice time will dip to those numbers.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:16 PM
  #783
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,618
vCash: 500
Hossa is great, very smart player and one of the best two-way wingers in the league. I wanted the Rangers to sign him in 2008 to replace Jagr, and I would have liked him in 2009 if the Rangers hadn't signed Gaborik.

Doubt he'll get bought out this year as he can probably contribute to another cup run for Chicago but maybe next summer.

OverTheCap is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:17 PM
  #784
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Is he okay getting 3rd line minutes? Maybe 10-12 minutes a night? Nash and Callahan are going to be ahead of him.
Cally on the shut down line with hags and the 3c. Iginla playing with 2 playmakers in Zucc and brass? Though that's kind of a soft line

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:18 PM
  #785
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Hossa is great, very smart player and one of the best two-way wingers in the league. I wanted the Rangers to sign him in 2008 to replace Jagr, and I would have liked him in 2009 if the Rangers hadn't signed Gaborik.

Doubt he'll get bought out this year as he can probably contribute to another cup run for Chicago but maybe next summer.
I'm glad we got Gaborik instead.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:18 PM
  #786
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Same position Gaborik was in. Except Gaborik is the better goal scorer. How did that work out?
Our coach was also a ****ing ****** for that. Av wouldn't do that

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:20 PM
  #787
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,191
vCash: 500
It would be good for Callys TOI to drop imo. He was run ragged under Torts

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:20 PM
  #788
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Cally on the shut down line with hags and the 3c. Iginla playing with 2 playmakers in Zucc and brass? Though that's kind of a soft line
eh, maybe. I would rather concentrate on filling the LW with a legit top-6 player rather than another RWer...

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:28 PM
  #789
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
eh, maybe. I would rather concentrate on filling the LW with a legit top-6 player rather than another RWer...
Yes LW is a bigger need definitely. Sign Iginla buy out Richards and move Dz for a LW? Lol.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:32 PM
  #790
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Yes LW is a bigger need definitely. Sign Iginla buy out Richards and move Dz for a LW? Lol.
Then where does MZA play?

LWer-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Brassard-Iginla
Hagelin-Lindberg-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett
MZA?

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:36 PM
  #791
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,739
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Then where does MZA play?

LWer-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Brassard-Iginla
Hagelin-Lindberg-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett
MZA?
That shouldn't be the priority.

__________________
Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:36 PM
  #792
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
According to a league source, the #stlblues have re-signed defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk to a four-year contract extension.
https://twitter.com/jprutherford/sta...73909875068932

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:37 PM
  #793
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Then where does MZA play?

LWer-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Brassard-Iginla
Hagelin-Lindberg-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett
MZA?
I believe MZA played both wings last year.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:40 PM
  #794
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
He was a good PP player on bad PP teams. I think Nash acquisition makes it somewhat redundant. Nash can't really work the half-wall well and is better suited in front of the net IMO. Callahan also occupies that role, so it's sort of a problem. Both Jagr and Iginla's bread and butter are working the half-wall on the right side.

Edit: I remember when Darcy Tucker and Glen Metropolit had an absurd amount of PP goals with tap-ins in front of the net.
It's only a problem because you're trying to create the problem. You're moving two guys out of their natural PP position just so you can try and justify adding Jagr or Iginla to reduce Callahan's PP and ES time. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Callahan is a very effective net-front presence. His production is evidence of that. The "good on a bad PP" excuse is just fluff that has no real meaning. He tied for 4th in the NHL in PP goals because our PP was bad? How do you even begin to conjure up such backwards logic?

I remember statistical anomalies too, but that doesn't mean they're remotely relevant to the point at hand.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:41 PM
  #795
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Then where does MZA play?

LWer-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Brassard-Iginla
Hagelin-Lindberg-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett
MZA?
If we got a legit 1LW and Iginla that wouldn't matter to me where or if he played.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:43 PM
  #796
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Then where does MZA play?

LWer-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Brassard-Iginla
Hagelin-Lindberg-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett
MZA?
Honestly, who cares? I'd be thrilled is Sather could build a team that pushes MZA out of the lineup. Not because I dont like MZA, but because I know the Rangers would be a better team.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:43 PM
  #797
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,657
vCash: 500
Logic dictates that with Nash's mammoth frame and silky hands he'd be a front of the net guy on the powerplay, but he's really never played there.

__________________


DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:43 PM
  #798
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Was seeing $4.25M per thrown about. Should help a bit in negotiations for McDonagh.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:44 PM
  #799
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Does cap recapture apply to waiver claims?
Yes. Looks like it. Assigned is the term used. Assigned is a trade or waivers. Richards will look to make his own deal on his terms. Reject waivers.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 02:47 PM
  #800
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Yes. Looks like it. Assigned is the term used. Assigned is a trade or waivers. Richards will look to make his own deal on his terms. Reject waivers.
Thanks. Had been curious about that but kept forgetting to check.

Trxjw is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.