HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bryan Bickell

Old
06-26-2013, 05:45 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
a team is going to overpay. Bickell himself said he would love to stay with the Hawks. Curious to see how this plays out and how much of a discount he would take to stay

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 06:08 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Bickell is a third liner. The thing is, calling someone a "third liner" doesn't mean they can't contribute in the top 6 depending on circumstance, especially for short stretches. With how different teams use different lines, one team's second line is another's third.

To put it more bluntly, Bickell is ideally a checking line-type player. He has limited offensive upside but he has enough of it to be able to produce a bit on a scoring line.

If you're adding him to your team based on his playoffs then you're making a mistake, because he's not going to reproduce that rate of production. If you're adding him to your team for what he's shown over his career and are willing to overpay him due to his playoff showing, then you won't be disappointed. Whether that's wise or not is a separate matter, but a young team with plenty of cap space will probably not mind having a solid veteran around the kids.

I'd be willing to pay him $3m in Buffalo. $3.5 is probably too much unless the term is sweet. I doubt he comes to a team like Buffalo without getting at least $3.5m. I'd personally like to see him find a way to stay in Chicago. I'm sick of seeing well-built teams lose out on talent only for that talent to get overpaid and underperform somewhere else.

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 07:43 AM
Hattrick Swayzie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IranCondraAffair View Post
At first, I thought: "He's going to get overpaid and he's the byproduct of better players"

I said the same thing about Byfuglien too though and he's been great for the Jets. There will be some offers around 4 million though.
Winnipeg hates Byfuglien

Hattrick Swayzie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 08:07 AM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Chicago really shouldn't let him walk if Bickell is open to staying

It would mean the Hawks buyout Hossa a year sooner than anticipated but it makes sense (EDIT: realize now they can't buy him out since he's injured)

If Bickell wants to get paid (he likely will) he'll test the UFA market and likely end up somewhere with low taxes: he's going to get overpaid so might as well make sure he keeps most of it!

Last edited by Do Make Say Think: 06-26-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Do Make Say Think is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 09:12 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
Bergenheim, Ward, Leino

Bickell is the next one
Answer this, what about Bickells game, is similar to these players?

I'll answer it for you.... NOT 1 THING!!!

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 09:32 AM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
What Bickell is worth
2.5-2.75 million for 2-3 years

What Bickell will get
4-4.25 for 3-4 years
This is accurate.

I'm hoping he signs with the Hawks for the former, but I'm expecting he'll sign with a pretender for the latter. He's Troy Brouwer 2.0.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 12:05 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
This is accurate.

I'm hoping he signs with the Hawks for the former, but I'm expecting he'll sign with a pretender for the latter. He's Troy Brouwer 2.0.
Troy Brouwer 2.0?

Remind me of the time Brouwer actually showed up in the playoffs.

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 12:09 PM
JT16
Rookie User

He needs to stay in Chicago or else he won't exist next season. Take a little less to stay on a solid 4 line team and know your role. Role players excel during playoffs so might as well stay put if possible. If he goes elsewhere for more money, he will try too hard to be something he isn't.

JT16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

he wants to stay but will he accept the money the Hawks can afford to pay?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote