HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tampa Bay shopping Ryan Malone

Old
06-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindNMuck View Post
I don't see Detroit giving up Tootoo, Detroit needs him. He brings them energy, toughness, and he can put up numbers to.
As a Wings fan i would love to hold on to Tootoo as well, But there saying that he is on the trade block and theres no room for him the 4th line is pretty well set there in Detroit and Tootoo is'nt part of it i guess.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Slats432

Malone and 3rd OV
for
Hemsky and 7th OV and 56 OV.

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 12:22 PM
GrindNMuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
As a Wings fan i would love to hold on to Tootoo as well, But there saying that he is on the trade block and theres no room for him the 4th line is pretty well set there in Detroit and Tootoo is'nt part of it i guess.
I am a Wings fan as well, and i think Detroit needs to work on there 3rd/4th line. I think they need to get rid of Samulssen, Eaves, and i wanted to see miller go to. But if they brought in some hard nosed, willing to block shots type of players, they will be perfect. Like a player like Greg Campbell. They need those players not players like Eaves, Samulssen.

GrindNMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Chairman Wang

Gotta think that Malone should be a relatively easy move... since his actual salary drops 2.5mil for the next two years. This seems like a snowang Isles special. 4.5 mil hit and only 2.5 mil in salary.

Chairman Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 12:24 PM
2 Weekes Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats432 View Post
Malone and 3rd OV
for
Why does everyone from Edmonton think we want to add cap by trading Malone

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Klesla is very solid, a blueline warrior. Not the most durable guy, but a lot of his recent injuries have been freak stuff. Still very reliable on PK and in shutdown situations, but he's stuck playing bottom pairing minutes behind OEL and Yandle on the left, and although he's very capable playing on the right, the emergence of Stone has made him redundant. $3 million for a bottom pairing/depth defenseman is a luxury we simply can't afford. On the last year of his contract as well, so he's going to be moved at some point this season.

Klesla for Malone and a swap of 2nds should work favorably for both sides. Klesla provides some much needed physicality + shutdown ability to the Bolts blueline, Bolts free up money by losing Malone's cap hit, and Yotes get a potential 20+ goal scorer + versatile winger who's been consistently good on the PP throughout his career.
I would think that Kesla would have signficant trade value at the trade deadline, but that's just IMO. This would be a really good deal from TB's perspective - help stabilize the blueline with a solid vet, and flip him at the TD if the team isn't in contnention.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 12:41 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
I would think that Kesla would have signficant trade value at the trade deadline, but that's just IMO. This would be a really good deal from TB's perspective - help stabilize the blueline with a solid vet, and flip him at the TD if the team isn't in contnention.
True, I think Klesla is a generally more effective defenseman than Douglas Murray and Murray got 2 2nds for San Jose. But a 20+ goal power forward (when healthy) who's good on the PP and costs almost 500K less in salary + moving up 9 spots in this year's 2nd is a good return for Klesla as well.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 12:42 PM
rt
Kim Jong-tipp

I'm another Yotes fan who likes the idea of Klesla for Malone.

Malone's NTC is troubling, though. Would he go to Phoenix? His dad worked there for a long time, and his buddy Mike Smith is here (at the moment). I'd expect they've got good things to say about the club.

06-26-2013, 12:44 PM
projexns
Re-tooled and ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
I'm surprised no one mentions Tampa's cap challenges. As of right now they only have 18 players under contract and just $2.4 million of cap-space. Malone is going to get moved for futures or a very inexpensive roster player(s.)

On another note, $2.5 million in actual salary versus his $4.5 million cap-hit makes him attractive. It doesn't have to be just cap-floor teams. There is plenty of middle ground between the cap-floor and the cap-ceiling.

projexns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 12:44 PM
Rschmitz
Yzermaned

Malone for Klesla sounds good to me

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 12:51 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'm another Yotes fan who likes the idea of Klesla for Malone.

Malone's NTC is troubling, though. Would he go to Phoenix? His dad worked there for a long time, and his buddy Mike Smith is here (at the moment). I'd expect they've got good things to say about the club.
Rumor has it that Malone has no desire to play in the West he already turned down a deal 2 years ago to play in Vancouver when Tampa Bay was trying to clear some space to go after Brad Richards again and he would'nt waive his NTC to go there. I have heard and read that he only wants to play in the East.

Old
06-26-2013, 01:00 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by projexns View Post
I'm surprised no one mentions Tampa's cap challenges. As of right now they only have 18 players under contract and just $2.4 million of cap-space. Malone is going to get moved for futures or a very inexpensive roster player(s.)

On another note, $2.5 million in actual salary versus his $4.5 million cap-hit makes him attractive. It doesn't have to be just cap-floor teams. There is plenty of middle ground between the cap-floor and the cap-ceiling.
Klesla's caphit is $1.5M less than Malone's. Veteran Top 4 stay-at-home defenders like Klesla don't really clock in any cheaper. He's pretty much exactly what Tampa needs on their blueline, and should be a steady, stabilizing presence.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:05 PM
2 Weekes Notice

Quote:
Klesla's caphit is $1.5M less than Malone's. Veteran Top 4 stay-at-home defenders like Klesla don't really clock in any cheaper. He's pretty much exactly what Tampa needs on their blueline, and should be a steady, stabilizing presence.
This, plus if Klesla's incoming, TB gets the green light to clear out another 3.8m with an Eric Brewer buyout.

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:09 PM
projexns
Re-tooled and ready

Quote:
Saving $1.5 million means that Tampa would then have $3.9 million in cap-space with an 18-man roster, only nine forwards signed while Klesla would be the 7th d-man under contract, eight if they qualify Aulie.

On the surface it looks like a good hockey trade but other moves would have to be made to accomodate this one. Easier said than done.

projexns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Noori

vCash: 763
Accidentally posted this deal by accident the the Horton thread.

How would the Lightning feel about Malone + 33rd overall for Horak + 67th overall.

You take the hit and move down a round in a deep draft, but unload Malone and pick up a solid 3rd line guys in the process.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:13 PM
gabeliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
Why? We could probably get just a pick for JML.

3rd(ish) + Clarkson > Malone
i disagree, i think malone is a proper top 6 winger. he averages around ~50 points/season. clarkson is not as consistent but contributes in other ways but doesnt put up as many points.

either way malone at $4.5 milion x 2 years better then clarkson at $5.5 x 5 years.

the leafs have enough cap room that they could possibly get both? id have to think they are both carlyle type players?

jvr-kadri-kessel
lupul-grabovski-malone
kulemin-colborne-clarkson
damigo-mclemment-orr

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
I would do it personally in a heart beat just not sure if Malone will waive his NTC for Phoenix he already turned down a move 2 years ago for Vancouver But you never know back then he knew he was still going to play for Tampa Bay but now he knows he's a goner.

Old
06-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Stammer Time
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
I bet David Poile is looking hard at this. He has said he wants to get bigger and if Tampa is offering a pick it sweetens the pot.

Rights to Blum and Halischuk

For

Malone and 4th
A lot of good offers in this thread but this is my favorite. Tampa Bay has needed a right handed PMD for years and Blum has at least a chance to become a pretty good NHLer. Halischuk I don't really care about but I'd take him if needed.

Stammer Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Rschmitz
Yzermaned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
Accidentally posted this deal by accident the the Horton thread.

How would the Lightning feel about Malone + 33rd overall for Horak + 67th overall.

You take the hit and move down a round in a deep draft, but unload Malone and pick up a solid 3rd line guys in the process.
Not interested when compared to these other offers, where we actually fill holes in the process

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:49 PM
No Good Names Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats432 View Post
Malone and 3rd OV
for
As an oiler fan, I jump all over that

No Good Names Left is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Infinite Jest

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Good Names Left View Post
As an oiler fan, I jump all over that
Obviously, because it's terrible for Tampa.

Blum + 3rd for Malone + 2nd sounds great to me.

Infinite Jest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Jacko95

Tampa does NOT want any forwards back that play above the 4th line. Only forward I am interested in this thread so far is Tootoo.
Tampa does NOT want a big trade or big salary coming back.
The Klesla and Blum offers seem pretty decent.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 02:44 PM
K2B
dim jim

vCash: 50
Ballard for Malone

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 413
I'd take him in Colorado if we weren't already so jammed up front, I bet he'd waive to play with his cousin.

Maybe at the deadline once we evaluate some of our players.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Stammer Time
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
Ballard for Malone
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Lightning acquired Ballard due to Bowness but I doubt we would trade for him.

Stammer Time is offline   Reply With Quote