HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Roster Discussion II

Closed Thread

Old
06-26-2013, 05:20 PM
Reclamation Project
What will we do?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
And to top it off they think Steve Mason is the answer in net. Hartnell is probably the next long term Flyer to be dealt.
We better be ALL over this if true. Hartnell - Richards - Carter

Old
06-26-2013, 05:28 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Yup I said that as well. I believe Sutter had to trade for cap reason when they got Boumeester
I thought he lost a place in the lineup? I'm likely wrong though.

Old
06-26-2013, 05:29 PM
tsanuri

Here's an interesting thing. Stan Bowman seems to think that after this year the cap could jump back and be at 75M the next year. That would really make just this year a balancing act.
http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=674821

Why is the salary cap going down next year?

It was negotiated in the Collective Bargaining Agreement. We had a shortened season, so the revenues were less than you would have in a regular season. If you went by the letter of the law, because the revenues were down, the cap would be well below what it will be, which is $64.3 million. With a full season next year, it could go to $75 million. The cap this year was $70.2 million, based on the previous season.

Old
06-26-2013, 05:58 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
Here's an interesting thing. Stan Bowman seems to think that after this year the cap could jump back and be at 75M the next year. That would really make just this year a balancing act.
http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=674821

Why is the salary cap going down next year?

It was negotiated in the Collective Bargaining Agreement. We had a shortened season, so the revenues were less than you would have in a regular season. If you went by the letter of the law, because the revenues were down, the cap would be well below what it will be, which is $64.3 million. With a full season next year, it could go to $75 million. The cap this year was $70.2 million, based on the previous season.
I doubt it would be that high, though if it did end up that way, it would give us very powerful options moving forward. We'd have room to go after another impact player. It will certainly get a bit of a boost after this season, but I doubt we'd be looking at an over $10 million increase. I'd be shocked if it broke $70m.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
06-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Reclamation Project
What will we do?

There's our elite left winger.

Old
06-26-2013, 06:26 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Who is the better player, Regehr or Greene? Only on-ice ability, not leadership or team chemistry.
Irregardless of who the better player is, Regehr is the better fit for the simple reason that he plays the left side and is left handed. We have two righties ahead of Greene who are decent players in their own right.

Old
06-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Omni Owl
Dead

No worries guys, we have Matt Frattin we don't need anyone else, we're totally ****ing gonna destroy everyone. Don't forget powerhouse Regehr, who will **** everyone up like nobodies business. Other teams don't stand a god damned chance next year.

Old
06-26-2013, 07:32 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
I don't blame Homer for the Richards&Carter/ Bryz fiasco. I have a feeling that ownership was pulling the strings on that.
That's why Homer hasn't been fired. Snider told him to get the best available goalie out there and sent his own private jet to pick him up. Notice that in Bryz's statement today he repeatedly thanked Snider for setting him up financially for life but never mentioned Lavi or Homer by name. I think it was intentional because a few weeks ago Snider told the media he didn't specifically ask for Bryz.

I wonder now, where will Bryz end up? He might do well on a short term contract in a defensive oriented system and with very little media. It will be interesting to see if he signs somewhere outside of the KHL and if he's learned anything from this fiasco.

Old
06-26-2013, 07:34 PM
Reclamation Project
What will we do?

Pittsburgh hopefully?

Old
06-26-2013, 08:17 PM
Trolfoli

Anyone see Clarke MacArthur as a LW target.... UFA from TO... they were talking about letting him walk before he got a couple of goals in the playoffs with limited time, and before they traded Frattin....
-Not the largest guy little under 200, but hits...
-goes to the front of the net...
-Fight, he's got it in him
-little bit of crazy
-can shoot and pass (not the best, but way above some other LW's on the kings... just an observation not trying to be a ****)

At 28 he could be an upgrade at the left wing from last year, by no means the next superstar but if the price drops to 1.5-2 million could be worth a look.. If someone picks him up for 3+ no way that fits the cap...

Old
06-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Brad Doty
¯\_(ツ)_/¯Until April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino 350 View Post
Anyone see Clarke MacArthur as a LW target.... UFA from TO... they were talking about letting him walk before he got a couple of goals in the playoffs with limited time, and before they traded Frattin....
-Not the largest guy little under 200, but hits...
-goes to the front of the net...
-Fight, he's got it in him
-little bit of crazy
-can shoot and pass (not the best, but way above some other LW's on the kings... just an observation not trying to be a ****)

At 28 he could be an upgrade at the left wing from last year, by no means the next superstar but if the price drops to 1.5-2 million could be worth a look.. If someone picks him up for 3+ no way that fits the cap...
I like MacArthur and I thought he'd be a target as well but doubt he fits our price range. Plus, I imagine he'd be redundant with both Frattin and Holloway, though he'd be nice insurance if we got neither.

Old
06-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Pearson - one more full year in the AHL?

Old
06-26-2013, 10:14 PM
MsWoof

Toronto has emerged as a preferred landing spot for Letang. Penguins want at least 1 roster player/prospect/1st---according to a Pittsburgh beat writer. The silly season is well under way!

And according to Bryz's agent, Bryz would be interested in playing in Edmonton. EDMONTON! Does he know it's way up north where there are no beaches? And you can't use parks in winter? Mind you, this was on an Edmonton radio station that Ritch Winter was being interviewed on today so they probably asked him if Bryz would go there.

Old
06-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Toronto and Letang? If that is the case, I'd imagine that the Pens would want Phaneuf to replace the dynamic play of Letang, or they would settle for a lesser contract and go for potential in acquiring Jake Gardiner along with other assets.

Old
06-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Nose of Sutter

This is more coaching related, but with Torts going to Vancouver does that mean Stevens will most likely be on the coaching staff next year?

Old
06-27-2013, 12:06 AM
gonnaneedsomewine

I was hoping for Stalberg at LW. Big and extremely fast, can finish, and will throw his body around more than given credit for. Would fit nicely on the 2nd or 3rd line IMO.

And I'd take Greene any day over Regehr, don't care which way he shoots. All of our top 6 wingers right now are right handed shots - Brown, Williams, Carter, Frattin/Toffoli. Ideally you'd like some variety but talent trumps which way they shoot every time.

Sutter probably has an affinity for Regehr from their Calgary days and played a large role in his re-signing.

Old
06-27-2013, 01:12 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose of Sutter View Post
This is more coaching related, but with Torts going to Vancouver does that mean Stevens will most likely be on the coaching staff next year?
Well yeah basically, unless another Head Coaching job opens up but once it was decided Tortorella was THE MAN for the Nucks, I think it was on LAKingsInsider.com that said Stevens was back on the plane heading home to LA ...

http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/06/21...-to-vancouver/

Quote:
Should Tortorella accept the position, John Stevens would return to the Los Angeles Kings as an assistant coach provided another head coaching vacancy does not open up. Stevens had previously been considered a “front-runner” for the Vancouver position.

Stevens, 47, coached the Philadelphia Flyers for three and a half seasons from 2006-10 and is viewed as a quality head coaching candidate following the success of his work with the Kings’ defense for the last three seasons.

With Phoenix’s Dave Tippett agreeing to a contract extension on Friday, New York introducing former Vancouver coach Alain Vigneault and Dallas hiring former Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff, ALL NHL head coaching jobs would be spoken for should Tortorella accept the Canucks’ offer.

Old
06-27-2013, 03:28 AM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I doubt it would be that high, though if it did end up that way, it would give us very powerful options moving forward. We'd have room to go after another impact player. It will certainly get a bit of a boost after this season, but I doubt we'd be looking at an over $10 million increase. I'd be shocked if it broke $70m.
I would be shocked as well. But that is a team exec saying that he thinks it could happen. Would hope he has some insight I don't.

Old
06-27-2013, 04:43 AM
CNS
A World Alone

It won't matter if the cap goes up to $75M next season. Dean couldn't sign a super star to save his life. Two of the top guys he signed in LA are Mitchell and Scuderi. Scuds had to leave because of cap room IIRC. Willie was coming off major concussion issues. And even those two aren't real star players. If Vanek were to hit the open market, Dean would be rumored to be one of the teams after him and then he'd sign with someone like the Rangers or some other team that can actually lure him in. Maybe winning the cup would change that but who knows. All I'd like is for Holloway to be signed and at least give him a shot but I 100% do not expect that to happen.

Old
06-27-2013, 05:06 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Would anyone here be interested in a trade for brent burns?

Old
06-27-2013, 05:24 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Would anyone here be interested in a trade for brent burns?
Absolutely ****ing not. Never. Plus he's a Shark. Never ever ever trade anything to them period.

Old
06-27-2013, 05:48 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Absolutely ****ing not. Never. Plus he's a Shark. Never ever ever trade anything to them period.
Lol but you love them so much. Realistically though he would be great to trade for.

Old
06-27-2013, 06:03 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Lol but you love them so much. Realistically though he would be great to trade for.
No he wouldn't. He's playing with one of the best passers in the league and we're not trading valuable assets to a division rival. **** San Jose. They're stuck with that manbear.

Old
06-27-2013, 01:00 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

One of LA's scouts has been hired as an assistant coach at Boston University.

@BurkieYCP: BU Hockey hit a massive home run. LA Kings Scout and former Terrier Steve Greeley coming on as assistant coach to Quinny.

Old
06-27-2013, 01:05 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Well yeah basically, unless another Head Coaching job opens up but once it was decided Tortorella was THE MAN for the Nucks, I think it was on LAKingsInsider.com that said Stevens was back on the plane heading home to LA ...

http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/06/21...-to-vancouver/
Oh okay, I thought there were more openings for some reason. Thanks Puck!

Closed Thread