HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2013 Offseason Thread Part IV: SCF, end. Trades, begin.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-26-2013, 05:42 PM
  #826
Machinehead
Richards Supporter
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,484
vCash: 500
Love the idea of bringing in Max Lapierre. This team desperately needs 4 NHL centers.

__________________


"We go again." -Steven Gerrard
Machinehead is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 05:44 PM
  #827
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
-Leonard
It isn't a Rangers offseason without an absurd overpayment on a FA signing. I suspect 4 yrs 20mil.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 05:44 PM
  #828
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Love the idea of bringing in Max Lapierre. This team desperately needs 4 NHL centers.
no problem with him being our 4th line c I guess, but then does that leave Boyle as the 3c or do we move him to a wing on the 4th line? How is Max on face offs?

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 05:45 PM
  #829
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
It isn't a Rangers offseason without an absurd overpayment on a FA signing. I suspect 4 yrs 20mil.
oh God I hope he's learned some kind of lesson

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 05:46 PM
  #830
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,342
vCash: 500
THIS is what Nash should be doing on the PP


JohnC is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 05:51 PM
  #831
Machinehead
Richards Supporter
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
no problem with him being our 4th line c I guess, but then does that leave Boyle as the 3c or do we move him to a wing on the 4th line? How is Max on face offs?
Excellent on faceoffs. Right now Lappy would probably be the 3C if he came in. He has a little bit of skill and it beats giving an important defensive role to a 20 year old.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 05:53 PM
  #832
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
THIS is what Nash should be doing on the PP

He should be doing that for sure, but I hardly saw it as being consistent. I feel his big body presence on the forecheck behind the net will win more puck battles to send to the half-wall for Jagr/Iginla and Stepan to work a play up.

.............. Nash
Stepan----------------Iginla/Jagr

Del Zotto--------------Girardi

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 05:54 PM
  #833
Machinehead
Richards Supporter
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,484
vCash: 500
It's not just about being big. Nash doens't have the balls to go to the paint, that's why he's rarely there.

Machinehead is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 05:55 PM
  #834
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Excellent on faceoffs. Right now Lappy would probably be the 3C if he came in. He has a little bit of skill and it beats giving an important defensive role to a 20 year old.
so that would give us 2 players who are quality at faceoffs (boyle and Lapierre), also Stepan is seriously improving there as well. winning face offs (especially in our own end) has hurt us alot in getting the puck out of our own zone as well.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 05:56 PM
  #835
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
It's not just about being big. Nash doens't have the balls to go to the paint, that's why he's rarely there.
True. And he isn't gritty enough to win puck battles against similar sized dmen. Yikes, Glen has a lot of work to do.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 06:05 PM
  #836
Machinehead
Richards Supporter
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
True. And he isn't gritty enough to win puck battles against similar sized dmen. Yikes, Glen has a lot of work to do.
Well we still have Callahan, he's done nicely in the role

Machinehead is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 06:54 PM
  #837
snipeit
Registered User
 
snipeit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bad Gastein, Austria
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
THIS is what Nash should be doing on the PP

Well the whole PP unit was clicking and involved on that goal, something we haven't seen for a long time now.

snipeit is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 07:03 PM
  #838
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
with Blues resigning Berglund and Shat do they trade TJ Oshie??.. id love to have him on the 2ed or 3rd line wing

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 07:08 PM
  #839
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,002
vCash: 500
Max Lapierre? More of the same ****. Just change the names. Same results. He starts **** and can't finish it when the other guy hits back. He played for Vigneault in junior and in VAN. Lapierre wants a 3 or 4 year deal.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 07:08 PM
  #840
NYR2007
Registered User
 
NYR2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 522
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
THIS is what Nash should be doing on the PP

thats what happens when you have another goal scored up high on the toher side.... it creates space for nash to get the shot off correctly

NYR2007 is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 07:09 PM
  #841
SomE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Excellent on faceoffs. Right now Lappy would probably be the 3C if he came in. He has a little bit of skill and it beats giving an important defensive role to a 20 year old.
No, Lappierre would be the 4th line center

SomE is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 07:11 PM
  #842
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Max Lapierre? More of the same ****. Just change the names. Same results. He starts **** and can't finish it when the other guy hits back. He played for Vigneault in junior and in VAN. Lapierre wants a 3 or 4 year deal.
I can careless if he fights. Can he play is the question that's all I give a **** about

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 07:12 PM
  #843
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Max Lapierre? More of the same ****. Just change the names. Same results. He starts **** and can't finish it when the other guy hits back. He played for Vigneault in junior and in VAN. Lapierre wants a 3 or 4 year deal.
this is why i feel he will be a Ranger.. Rangers need more spark. he has speed and can kill penalties also.. more offense than Powe which is not saying much.. 34 games 0 pts for Powe.. even an AHL players like Newbury or Ferriero had more pts in less games and less ice time.. Powe is overpaid and sucks... i hope they trade him for an AHL player or something useful like a 7th round pick..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 07:13 PM
  #844
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I can careless if he fights. Can he play is the question that's all I give a **** about

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 07:15 PM
  #845
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 12,493
vCash: 500
At this juncture in their careers neither Jagr nor Iginla were difference makers for the team's that thought they'd put them over the hump. What makes anyone think they'd be difference makers here?

I like them both I've liked them both for the last 20ish years which is the problem. They fill a different time now, meant to compliment a team not be a difference maker.

It's laughable some people want to sign Jagr to play on the 4th line because he's better than Dorsett.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 07:18 PM
  #846
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,742
vCash: 500
Jagr/Briere/Iginla for 3rd line RW

RGY is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 07:19 PM
  #847
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Jagr/Briere/Iginla for 3rd line RW
over 35 contract not worth it rather go for someone in the 26-32 year old range..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 07:20 PM
  #848
TheRightWay
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
At this juncture in their careers neither Jagr nor Iginla were difference makers for the team's that thought they'd put them over the hump. What makes anyone think they'd be difference makers here?

I like them both I've liked them both for the last 20ish years which is the problem. They fill a different time now, meant to compliment a team not be a difference maker.

It's laughable some people want to sign Jagr to play on the 4th line because he's better than Dorsett.
How to be a Rangers fan:

1. Bash Sather for signing stars past their prime

2. Advocate Sather sign stars past their prime



TheRightWay is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 07:22 PM
  #849
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
How to be a stupid Rangers fan:

1. Bash Sather for signing stars past their prime

2. Advocate Sather sign stars past their prime


fixed it

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
06-26-2013, 07:25 PM
  #850
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,097
vCash: 500
So the consensus here is we need to get more offense, but some are old, some are too expensive, too fat, no longer good, too young or too much to acquire. The perfect move don't exist. U need to take some risks to get better. People on here have complained about absolutely everybody in one way or another.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.