Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where do Vatanen and Fowler fit into the Ducks

Old
06-26-2013, 07:07 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Where do Vatanen and Fowler fit into the Ducks

I won't lie, this was sparked by a fantasy comment that Vatanen is the future Ducks PP qb after I traded for Fowler. Still, I'm actually curious because I don't know anything about Vatanen really and I like Fowler so I'm curious where he stands in the organization as is.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Paul4587

Right now it looks like Vatanen will be the 6th D while playing top PP minutes at the point. He may start in the AHL though but he should be ready for a full time role provided he progresses well from the end of last season.

Fowler will be playing heavy minutes at ES (he'll probably be 2nd in TOI behind Beauchemin but will probably get slightly easier minutes than Beauch) and will be likely playing on the top PP with Vatanen. Fowler's problem is he is not suited to be stapled to the point on the PP - having Vatanen (who has a much better shot than Fowler) allows him to roam around more which will lead to more PP success for both Fowler and our 1st unit.

Paul4587 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Bodacious Wits
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I won't lie, this was sparked by a fantasy comment that Vatanen is the future Ducks PP qb after I traded for Fowler. Still, I'm actually curious because I don't know anything about Vatanen really and I like Fowler so I'm curious where he stands in the organization as is.
Depends on who you ask.

If everything works out for Vatanen, he'll get lots of PP time as the QB. That doesn't look like it will affect Fowler's PP time, because Fowler isn't a QB. The two of them can coexist with large PP minutes. But Vatanen's still an if, whereas Fowler is certain.

Bodacious Wits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 07:26 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Right now it looks like Vatanen will be the 6th D while playing top PP minutes at the point. He may start in the AHL though but he should be ready for a full time role provided he progresses well from the end of last season.

Fowler will be playing heavy minutes at ES (he'll probably be 2nd in TOI behind Beauchemin but will probably get slightly easier minutes than Beauch) and will be likely playing on the top PP with Vatanen. Fowler's problem is he is not suited to be stapled to the point on the PP - having Vatanen (who has a much better shot than Fowler) allows him to roam around more which will lead to more PP success for both Fowler and our 1st unit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Depends on who you ask.

If everything works out for Vatanen, he'll get lots of PP time as the QB. That doesn't look like it will affect Fowler's PP time, because Fowler isn't a QB. The two of them can coexist with large PP minutes. But Vatanen's still an if, whereas Fowler is certain.
Cool, thank you both for very informative and succinct comments. Knew that comment about Vatanen being better then Fowler was pure bull.

By the way, I miss the Mighty Ducks jerseys. =P

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote