HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Buy low and Sell high candidates

Old
06-23-2013, 06:49 AM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Buy low and Sell high candidates

Here's what I think people should keep an eye on.

Buy

Kovalchuk - He'll slip under the radar a bit but he's not exactly a buy low guy because his season wasn't bad. Still, for him he underachieved a bit (for him, anything below PPG is underachieving) and he's as close to a lock as you can get for a 70 point season. NJ is completely lacking in scoring threats so he'll see tons of ice-time and get plenty of chances.

Lupul - He'll slip under the radar because he hasn't been completely healthy in a while and only played like 11 or so games this season but he's been playing at over a PPG pace since joining the Leafs. Seems to have chemistry with that team and it's rounding out to a team with a good supporting cast offensively.

Spezza - Along the lines of the other guys, he will slip under the radar because he wasn't healthy for most of this season. He's also 30 and not a hot name even when he is doing his best. Still, he has the potential and capability to be a likely PPG candidate.

Gaborik - Seems to be over his injury problems and has played well for Columbus. He's not as good a candidate as these other ones I've mentioned (except maybe Lupul) but he's still a good option. 40 goal and PPG potential.

Enroth - If Miller gets moved only. Otherwise I doubt he'll have as much of a chance to take the reigns.

S. Mason - He has played well for Philly so far and has the potential as well as rookie season to suggest he can rebound outside of Columbus. Not worth paying a lot for but worth testing out.

Dubynk - He's a guaranteed starter and if you look at his stats he's posted decent stats on a crap team very quietly. This one's more of a long-term buy.

Eriksson - The guy was a 70 point forward before this season. Don't know why people are so sour on him.

Burns - One of the few D, W eligible players out there. Maybe the only one. Can play D or W and has a tendency to do well and put up points at both positions based on this season.

Perry - I doubt he'll revert back to Hart form but this is as low as he'll ever be to buy.

RNH - The kid had an amazing rookie season, amazing draft pedigree, and plays with maturing studs around his age. He's only 20 and hasn't even had a full season so I don't know why people are giving up on him easily.

Skinner - Similar thing as RNH. People being blinded by injuries.

Sell

Datsyuk - The guys up there in age and he might have several seasons left of great production but he's certainly not going to get any better and there's definitely an aging risk. Once players get to a certain age they get really hard to sell off too because nobody wants someone like that via trade.

St. Louis - Same really. Except he's even older so people might not even be willing to spend a lot to get him.

Kunitz - He's 33 and this season was his first season with the Pens above PPG and he's never had anywhere near that goal production. Just sticks out as a giant outlier in his career stat sheet.

Krejci - This guy always does well in the playoffs and never lights it up in the regular season heavily.

JVR - Others will disagree, but he's coming off his best season yet and that still wasn't anywhere near where he should be. People still have faith in him for some reason and his new start encourages that. I've watched him as a Philly fan for a long time and between that and my fantasy hockey instincts I think he's a sell high candidate.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Plan

out of all the guys to buy now i like Loui Eriksson...

Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 10:43 AM
EvoLu7ioN

Buy:

- Nick Backstrom (Washington)
- Rick Nash
- Anze Kopitar
- Ryan Kesler
- Sedins
- Edler
- Leddy
- Eberle
- Mikko Koivu
- Brad Richards
- Jeff Skinner
- Corey Perry
- Bobby Ryan

Sell:

- Kunitz
- Ribeiro
- Ladd
- Hossa
- Bickell
- Ryan Suter
- Tslutly

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Flames7676

Will probably get some of the guys on the 360 just got the collectors edition for $30 dollars opened my free packs got
Gretzky
Kovalchuk
Stoll
Doughty
Henrique
Bernier
Fraser
Penner
Zubrus
Malone
2 other devils don't know names

Team is looking pretty good so far I suprised I got such good players in the free packs better than my PS3 openings that's for sure.

Flames7676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 10:26 PM
Wiqkid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames7676 View Post
Will probably get some of the guys on the 360 just got the collectors edition for $30 dollars opened my free packs got
Gretzky
Kovalchuk
Stoll
Doughty
Henrique
Bernier
Fraser
Penner
Zubrus
Malone
2 other devils don't know names

Team is looking pretty good so far I suprised I got such good players in the free packs better than my PS3 openings that's for sure.

rofl. wut

Wiqkid* is offline   Reply With Quote