HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ference won't be back with the Bruins

Old
06-26-2013, 11:33 PM
fahad203

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
i've seen Dubinsky kick Mike Richards ass, you don't have to be a great fighter to kick Mike Richards ass.

Ference isn't a fake tough guy at all. not saying he's a great fighter (I think people think he sucks at fighting cause of the crosby fight but if you look at his other fights you would see that he's actually solid with his gloves off) but he constantly sticks up for teammates and at 5'10 just about always gives up size when he fights. I can understand if people don't like him but calling him a fake tough guy is off.

I'll miss him

Sorry bro, your love for him blinds you from the truth. This guy is fake as it gets. Cheap shots after the whistle, elbowing Grabo, elbowing Halpern, middle finger, those are few of the stuff everyone remembers.

He wasn't like that when he was in Calgary, maybe you should have watched him when he was, you know him by himself. He didn't act tough because he didn't have Chara, Boychuck or Lucic protecting him

He's good because he's part of the system, watch him play next year. You'll see what everyone already sees, a 2nd pairing shadow boxer.

fahad203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 11:36 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahad203 View Post
Sorry bro, your love for him blinds you from the truth. This guy is fake as it gets. Cheap shots after the whistle, elbowing Grabo, elbowing Halpern, middle finger, those are few of the stuff everyone remembers.

He wasn't like that when he was in Calgary, maybe you should have watched him when he was, you know him by himself. He didn't act tough because he didn't have Chara, Boychuck or Lucic protecting him

He's good because he's part of the system, watch him play next year. You'll see what everyone already sees, a 2nd pairing shadow boxer.
Please, Ference doesn't need anyone to protect him. He has always fought his own battles since he's been in Boston. You don't know what you're talking about, all you're doing is just spewing the same anti-Bruins b.s. that everyone does about how players act tough here because they're "protected".

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 11:38 PM
mossy joe
keep it riel

vCash: 50
Ference has little or no ties to Edmonton. he left there to play in Portland when he was 15 (19 years ago). when he was playing in Pit and CGY he lived in Canmore for the offseason. when CGY sewered him, traded him when he had signed a hometown deal and literally left him on the side of the highway, he sold his Canmore property and two properties in Calgary and vowed never to return. his parents have since moved away from the Edmonton area as well. when he had his day with the cup he took it not to outside of sherwood park where he grew up but to boston. he currently spends the offseason in Vernon. the guy has zero connection to Edmonton, and won't return to CGY for a bunch a reasons.

mossy joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 11:41 PM
fahad203

Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
Please, Ference doesn't need anyone to protect him. He has always fought his own battles since he's been in Boston. You don't know what you're talking about, all you're doing is just spewing the same anti-Bruins b.s. that everyone does about how players act tough here because they're "protected".
Ok bro, just because you love Bruins you know everything. I am not going to argue, i'll let you watch him and you can decide for yourself.

Exactly what you said, since he's been in Boston. Why didn't he play the same way before ? oh wait, the supporting cast wasnt' there.

Old
06-26-2013, 11:43 PM
fahad203

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy joe View Post
Ference has little or no ties to Edmonton. he left there to play in Portland when he was 15 (19 years ago). when he was playing in Pit and CGY he lived in Canmore for the offseason. when CGY sewered him, traded him when he had signed a hometown deal and literally left him on the side of the highway, he sold his Canmore property and two properties in Calgary and vowed never to return. his parents have since moved away from the Edmonton area as well. when he had his day with the cup he took it not to outside of sherwood park where he grew up but to boston. he currently spends the offseason in Vernon. the guy has zero connection to Edmonton, and won't return to CGY for a bunch a reasons.

He's not going to Edmonton and he's not going to Calgary. He'll be going some where he can compete for Stanley. My best best is New York Rangers. They could use some toughness at the back end.

People have this perception, just because he's from hometown, he'll want to play there.

Old
06-26-2013, 11:51 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Ok bro, just because you love Bruins you know everything. I am not going to argue, i'll let you watch him and you can decide for yourself.

Exactly what you said, since he's been in Boston. Why didn't he play the same way before ? oh wait, the supporting cast wasnt' there.
I have no argument with you saying his play has dropped off and will continue to next season and beyond. It very well could, we'll just see going forward.

The fake tough guy stuff is a load of ********. He's played that way ever since he got here; before all that "Big Bad Bruins" stuff.

Old
06-26-2013, 11:54 PM
predfan24

Preds could offer him a spot in top 4 beside Klein and significant PP time. Hope Poile goes after him hard for a one or two year deal.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 11:59 PM
Psychoil

Quote:
He's not going to Edmonton and he's not going to Calgary. He'll be going some where he can compete for Stanley. My best best is New York Rangers. They could use some toughness at the back end.

People have this perception, just because he's from hometown, he'll want to play there.
how the hell do you know buddy? Almost guaranteed he ends up in his HOME TOWN!

ridiculous sometimes how u guys are in the minds of these players

Psychoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:39 AM
PJ StockBB

Quote:

sorry bro, but playing over the line and being a fake tough guy are two different things. Ference is by no means a saint and has definitely crossed the line with some dirty plays in his time with the Bruins. that's different from being a 'fake tough guy' though. Ference will drop the gloves and fight his own battles and do it against bigger guys. he is ready and willing to drop the gloves when need be.

I just think calling him a fake tough guy is not an accurate way to describe him. he is tough and fights his own battles. when I think of fake tough guys i think of Lapiere.

as far as him being a product of our system, there is no doubt he benefits from our system. all defense first minded defensemen who play it safe will benefit from our system. that being said he is still a good player on his own and will be able to help a team's blue line.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 01:23 AM
Zirakzigil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy joe View Post

He had a falling out with Sutter, who is no longer with the Flames. I highly doubt he would not sign here again because of what happened.

Zirakzigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 01:33 AM
Shadowthrone
Harken the Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
The reason I hate him is because he's dirty and a fake tough guy. Look at the elbow on Jeff Halpern.
You mean where Halpern went against the direction of the play and bumped into Ference, who skated a straight line by the way, to draw a penalty?

Shadowthrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 01:34 AM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowthrone View Post
You mean where Halpern went against the direction of the play and bumped into Ference, who skated a straight line by the way, to draw a penalty?
Shhh, dirty Bruins works better for the argument

Old
06-27-2013, 02:15 AM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoil View Post
how the hell do you know buddy? Almost guaranteed he ends up in his HOME TOWN!

ridiculous sometimes how u guys are in the minds of these players

Says the guy that claims Ference is " almost guaranteed " to end up in Edmonton.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:59 AM
mossy joe
keep it riel

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirakzigil View Post
He had a falling out with Sutter, who is no longer with the Flames. I highly doubt he would not sign here again because of what happened.
ok so he won't sign there because he's 34 and the flames are nowhere close to a cup contender.

mossy joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
Expecting to see him go to Colorado. I know an older D-man doesn't exactly fit the need, but it'll definitely be an improvement

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Numbah4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowthrone View Post
I love the hate towards the Bruins from Montreal. A couple of elbows and he's a dirty player Not too many NHL players get elbowing penalties. Only the big, bad, goon it up Bruins. Embrace the hate. Just win baby And, the Bruins are doing that quite nicely.

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Uber Coca

I concur the fake tough guy analysis of his play.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:36 AM
Lilou
t-.-t

Nah ference isn't fake. I'd take him on the leafs. A fake tough guy is someone like Josh Gorges. Get's in your face after the whistle and starts talking smack with a couple jabs, talks a huge s**** storm at the other bench when he's being ejected from the game, but get him in a fight and watch him get DUMMIED. No one has had their manhood stolen as often as gorges.

Lilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:30 PM
Sigh
Snowflake

vCash: 1415

Thank gawd we had some legit tuffguys to protect him.

Sigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:50 PM
Pure West

I hate Ference, but he's good at what he does. If there's a contender out there who wants a veteran player who can play on their 3rd pairing, throw some cheap shots and bring some grit and emotion to the game he might be your guy. At his age, you're not gonna ask him to play a big role on your team.

I've seen some comparing to Scuderi but frankly Scuderi is a far superior defender, and they're different players. I think Ference would get exposed if he goes to a young team and is counted on to be one of the leaders on defense....so selfishly I would welcome him to come play for Edmonton or Calgary. A good fit might be LA for him and re-unite with Sutter and Regehr.

Pure West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 01:33 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Us Preds need a top 4 dman to pair with Klein for a bit. Can Ferrence still handle a top 4 role?

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote