HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Draft Talk Part VI: Continued draft day discussion -- rumors, picks, etc...

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2013, 12:37 AM
Jtown

vCash: 500
In order of defenders I want it goes

1. Nurse
2. Risto

If we can't get one of em and we have to pick at 11. Shinkaruk is the best player available and would be the guy I would want.

If shinkaruk nurse and risto are not their id trade back and aquire picks and try to come out with Morrissey in the first.

Old
06-27-2013, 01:02 AM
Kevin Danko
...the way she goes

vCash: 420
Hunter Shinkaruk, Furcal

Old
06-27-2013, 03:17 AM
ahthorne

I'd like a blue-chip defender at 11, then a solid prospect at 41. 71 could even be a great pick too.

Areas that I value the defenders at:
1-10: Jones, Nurse, Ristolainen
11-20: Zadorov, Morin, Pulock, Morrissey
21-30: Mueller, Hagg, Santini
31-40: McCoshen, Theodore, Bowey, Bigras
41-50: Heatherington, Subban, Thompson

Eric Roy and any of the later round Swedish defenders all seem like decent prospects too.

My dream:

11. Ristolainen/Nurse
41. Theodore/Bowey/McCoshen
71. Eric Roy

Boom. Future of the defense looks brighter in three picks.

Old
06-27-2013, 03:25 AM
BillDineen

Interesting that Homer did not rule out taking a goalie at 11 and thought 2 goalies could go in the first round. (See video on Injuries/Team).

Old
06-27-2013, 04:25 AM
Unkki

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Read the NHL.com article on Risto. Seems like he will be a workhorse defender also. According to the article he was logging between 25-30 mins a game as a 17 yr old in the Finnish league.
Flames-fan here, and also huge TPS-fan in FEL (where Ristolainen plays). Last season he was TPS's number one defender, after lockout-players like Shattenkirk, Russell and Martinez left and after TPS's defence was a flop. His time-on-ice average was 21.40 per game.

http://translate.google.com/translat...en-rasmus.html

Here's some stats of his last year. He really developed from his first year in FEL and I have to say that he was our meanest defender in front of net. Pretty complete player: Good skater, checks pretty hard, first pass is good quality and he plays calm under pressure. First year in FEL he was pretty bad at positioning but last season he really developed in that area. Still he can do that better and also he could improve his blue line plays. He is calm with the puck when in his own zone but I see that he could play like that more in the blue line too. He truly has a good shot, so with a little trimming he can surely be good at that role too.

In future I see Ristolainen as a defender who plays hard and mean and at the same time his passing play and skating is at the high level. He isn't going to be primus motor or playmaker in the power play, more like a shooter with hard slapper and pretty good wrister too, which he should use more.

Old
06-27-2013, 06:54 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindank View Post
Hunter Shinkaruk, Furcal
He has really slowed down bit to waste a first round pick on. Not to mention his injury proneness. He still has good range and will steal a base or two, so if he is available in the third or fourth I think I would use the pick on him there.

Old
06-27-2013, 07:10 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkki View Post
Flames-fan here, and also huge TPS-fan in FEL (where Ristolainen plays). Last season he was TPS's number one defender, after lockout-players like Shattenkirk, Russell and Martinez left and after TPS's defence was a flop. His time-on-ice average was 21.40 per game.

http://translate.google.com/translat...en-rasmus.html

Here's some stats of his last year. He really developed from his first year in FEL and I have to say that he was our meanest defender in front of net. Pretty complete player: Good skater, checks pretty hard, first pass is good quality and he plays calm under pressure. First year in FEL he was pretty bad at positioning but last season he really developed in that area. Still he can do that better and also he could improve his blue line plays. He is calm with the puck when in his own zone but I see that he could play like that more in the blue line too. He truly has a good shot, so with a little trimming he can surely be good at that role too.

In future I see Ristolainen as a defender who plays hard and mean and at the same time his passing play and skating is at the high level. He isn't going to be primus motor or playmaker in the power play, more like a shooter with hard slapper and pretty good wrister too, which he should use more.
Kiitos. Ristolainen is my gut-feeling choice at 11.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:00 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Read the NHL.com article on Risto. Seems like he will be a workhorse defender also. According to the article he was logging between 25-30 mins a game as a 17 yr old in the Finnish league.
I really want this kid, but picks 7-10 are going to be a landmine. He could be gone with any of them.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:00 AM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
We could come away with only Ristolainen, and I'd be pleased with this draft.
The only mock draft I've seen that has Ristoleinen falling to us is Button's, and he has us taking... Morin instead. Has Ristoleinen going 14th to CBJ.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:01 AM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
I really want this kid, but picks 7-10 are going to be a landmine. He could be gone with any of them.
Yea Edmonton and Buffalo are really going to **** it all up for us.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:14 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
He has really slowed down bit to waste a first round pick on. Not to mention his injury proneness. He still has good range and will steal a base or two, so if he is available in the third or fourth I think I would use the pick on him there.
I don't think I'd waste a first round pick on an overager like him.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:14 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
The only mock draft I've seen that has Ristoleinen falling to us is Button's, and he has us taking... Morin instead. Has Ristoleinen going 14th to CBJ.
Kyle Woodlief has him going 19. Has Lindholm falling to us.

Adam Kimelman from NHL.com has us taking Risto.

Hoffner from NHL.com has him going 20th with us taking Fucale.

The Hockey News had us taking Risto.

ESPN 's mock draft will be up today. Back in March they had us taking Risto when the Flyers were sitting in the 9th position.

Sportsnet has him going 14th with us taking Zadorov.

So it seems like a number of respectable media thinks he could be around @ 11 but we know New Jersey likes him @9.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:22 AM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Couturier View Post
Kyle Woodlief has him going 19. Has Lindholm falling to us.

Adam Kimelman from NHL.com has us taking Risto.

Hoffner from NHL.com has him going 20th with us taking Fucale.

The Hockey News had us taking Risto.

ESPN 's mock draft will be up today. Back in March they had us taking Risto when the Flyers were sitting in the 9th position.

Sportsnet has him going 14th with us taking Zadorov.

So it seems like a number of respectable media thinks he could be around @ 11 but we know New Jersey likes him @9.
Wow, thanks HC. I guess I'm reading the wrong mocks! Google fail!!

Old
06-27-2013, 08:28 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I don't think I'd waste a first round pick on an overager like him.
Is it possible to have an ELC also be a 35+ contract?

Old
06-27-2013, 08:49 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Is it possible to have an ELC also be a 35+ contract?

Old
06-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Sec201

Before I get berated

Before I get berated by all of you, I wanted to see since it seems FLA will miss out on who they really wanted (McKinnon) is there any chance we can trade to try and get 2 overall from them to draft Seth Jones? My thoughts are:

11th overall in 2013
1st rd pick in 2014
Read
Meszaros

This move would also clear about 5M to get additional 3rd and 4th line wingers, maybe a serviceable 6th defenseman and a goalie.

Thoughts? Would the pot need to be sweeter to get FLA to do it?

Old
06-27-2013, 09:10 AM
Legion of Gloom
.....Flyer Sale

vCash: 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
If homer picked zadorov instead of Ristolainen, someone should drop a piano on him as he walks off the stage.
It is a moot point since Risto will be gone before 11th pick. But he would be my choice.

I trust Homer to make the best choice for our club.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:11 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec201 View Post
Before I get berated by all of you, I wanted to see since it seems FLA will miss out on who they really wanted (McKinnon) is there any chance we can trade to try and get 2 overall from them to draft Seth Jones? My thoughts are:

11th overall in 2013
1st rd pick in 2014
Read
Meszaros

This move would also clear about 5M to get additional 3rd and 4th line wingers, maybe a serviceable 6th defenseman and a goalie.

This offer would need one of the usual suspects (Couturier/Schenn/Voracek) to raise any interest from Florida. Next year's 1st rounder will arguably be ≥15th, Read is a very good complementary player and Meszaros has (politely) neutral trade value at present.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Sec201

That's a bummer. It really seems since we are holding a good hand of young players Homer will never be able to get any trade done because of constant demand for voracek, coots or schenn. Now I know schenn has played less games then coots, but I think Coots has the greater upside. I'd give up on schenn before I would give up on coots.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:16 AM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:

11th overall in 2013
1st rd pick in 2014
Read
Meszaros

I don't think next year's first in play considering the draft is in Philly. Snider will do everything possible to ensure he has a first in next year's draft.

Old
06-27-2013, 10:03 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

If EDM takes Nurse at 7 and NJD takes Ristolainen at 9, I'm probably going to rage and kill everyone.

Old
06-27-2013, 10:04 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
If EDM takes Nurse at 7 and NJD takes Ristolainen at 9, I'm probably going to rage and kill everyone.
I know a NJ fan that really wants Nichuskin at #9. So they can have a Kovy-Lok-Nichuskin line (Russian line).

Old
06-27-2013, 10:07 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:

11th overall in 2013
1st rd pick in 2014
Read
Meszaros

It will cost more than that. You're essentially asking Florida to give up a franchise talent that will be cost controlled for years for what amounts to spare parts. Swap Read + Mez with Couturier or BSchenn and they'd think about it.

Old
06-27-2013, 10:07 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I know a NJ fan that really wants Nichuskin at #9. So they can have a Kovy-Lok-Nichuskin line (Russian line).
Nichsuskin will be off the board.

Old
06-27-2013, 10:10 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
I'll be your accomplice. I think Edmonton really wants Monahan, but I think Calgary takes him at 6. Will they go for Lindholm instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Their beat writer says if they have a forward and D ranked equally they will go for the F, but they do like the "big 3" defenders. So we need to hope a forward they like is there.

Closed Thread