HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chris Kelley

Old
06-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Ruzicka38
Oh man

vCash: 500
Chris Kelley

He is a decent player. Great on the dot and on the PK. Can put up some point on a third line (second with a young/bad team). Boston needs to shed some salary. He makes $3 million/year. Anybody interested?

Ruzicka38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 09:05 AM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
I'd prefer to keep him, he's one of our best PK players and a big leader. Peverley is gone for sure.

Wouldn't really care if both went to tell you the truth, though.

Dellstrom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 09:27 AM
bme44

Kelly will not be moving IMHO, I think a better Thread would be the value of Boychuck or Marchand, simply because both have good valuable IMHO, and those are the kind of trades that keep a team competive. Kelly is more valuable to the Bruins than what they would recieve in a trade. I think the return on either Marcand or Buychuck would be quite good and also allow some cap relief

bme44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 09:36 AM
zaYG

He has a NTC.

Peverley will be traded (likely to Edmonton) and Kelly will be bought out.

zaYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Diskothek

Not interested in trading Kelly at all... Peverley, sure.

Diskothek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:56 AM
Ruzicka38
Oh man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskothek View Post
Not interested in trading Kelly at all... Peverley, sure.
You can't be serious. We need cap space to fill in positions in net (both), on the top line, defense, and on the third line. Knowing that you are not interested "at all" in moving Chris Kelley? Are you Peter Chiarelli? It would explain how he got a NTC.

Old
06-25-2013, 12:12 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bme44 View Post
Kelly will not be moving IMHO, I think a better Thread would be the value of Boychuck or Marchand, simply because both have good valuable IMHO, and those are the kind of trades that keep a team competive. Kelly is more valuable to the Bruins than what they would recieve in a trade. I think the return on either Marcand or Buychuck would be quite good and also allow some cap relief
really? deciding to trade a top 6 forward and a second pairing defensemen over an older, overpaid third liner is the way you stay competitive? holy ****ing stupid

I'm not saying we're going to trade Kelly, but suggesting to trade Marchand and Boychuk is stupid. we aren't in that bad of a cap crunch. if we don't re-sign Horton trading Peverley is the only move we have to make to get under the cap. I hope we trade Peverley and Kelly though and re-sign Horton and let Soderberg and Spooner battle for the third line center spot. I think Soderberg can be responsible enough defensively to do the job.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzicka38 View Post
You can't be serious. We need cap space to fill in positions in net (both), on the top line, defense, and on the third line. Knowing that you are not interested "at all" in moving Chris Kelley? Are you Peter Chiarelli? It would explain how he got a NTC.
Svedberg comes in for Khudobin, Rask gets a ~2.5-3m raise. Defense gets cheaper as Ference walks, Hamilton/Krug/Bart are all in the top-7 with their ELCs. With Jagr and potentially Horton walking our forwards raises and the cap decrease are accounted for, Savard's LTIR if we need it.

We're fine on the cap. Obviously can't bring in a superstar, but once Peverley gets traded/bought out everything kind of goes from there.

Dellstrom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 12:33 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

I don't know if either are movable, but I'm hoping that Chia moves one or both of Kelly & Peverley. Or Jacobs agrees to buy them out if they are unmovable.

Can't imagine they will bring back much more than B level prospects or later draft picks if they are traded.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Brewin8

Haggs reporting on Twitter from team source that Bruins will not be using any buyouts on players this summer...

Brewin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 12:49 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewin8 View Post
Haggs reporting on Twitter from team source that Bruins will not be using any buyouts on players this summer...
Well it is Haggs but that better mean that Chia can find a trade/s for Peverley and maybe Kelly.

To be honest I would rather trade Peverley and get something back for him anyway. Around this board some Edmonton fans have brought up a 2nd rounder for him, so I think Chia will explore that.

The more it looks like we're keeping Kelly the more I wonder if Horton is coming back or not.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Ruzicka38
Oh man

Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
Well it is Haggs but that better mean that Chia can find a trade/s for Peverley and maybe Kelly.

To be honest I would rather trade Peverley and get something back for him anyway. Around this board some Edmonton fans have brought up a 2nd rounder for him, so I think Chia will explore that.

The more it looks like we're keeping Kelly the more I wonder if Horton is coming back or not.
If they lose Horton to keep Kelley, they are doomed. The Bruins need more top six talent, not less. Kelley is a decent player, but the Bruins have five of him.

Old
06-26-2013, 08:51 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
If they lose Horton to keep Kelley, they are doomed. The Bruins need more top six talent, not less. Kelley is a decent player, but the Bruins have five of him.
Yeah, I don't see how they can keep Horton & Rask AND Kelly; nevermind Peverley, he has to be gone. To me Soderberg or Spooner can center that 3rd line with the other on the left wing. Smarter move to keep the top 6 together IMO.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 09:29 AM
don

My list includes:
Peverley
Kelly or Campbell
Krug

I'd like to see a package deal for a late 1st or early 2nd and would be willing to add names if no takers for the above named. I think Soderberg can handle the #3 C spot and think either Fallstrom, Griffith or Knight could handle Horton's spot (not in favor of resigning him).

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:06 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

I'd offer Booby Ryan or Eric Stahl.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:15 PM
bert

Quote:
How do you put a price on leadership when you're not even in the room? 3 million dollars under a 64 million dollar cap for a 30 to 40 point player who wears an A and is a top 10 pk forward in the league... That salary looks like a steal at this point. Its players with intangibles like KelLY that make Boston so good.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:45 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Kelly is a good player when you have a good system.

NyQuil is online now   Reply With Quote