HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Very positive game. 2nd line (merged)

Old
10-18-2006, 10:57 PM
AlexeiKovalev27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I thought we played as good a game as we were going to, when you take travel, jet lag and last night's game into effect. Can you imagine if we were playing a well-rested Sabres team, for example?
Wouldn't be worst than a 9-1

AlexeiKovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post

lol cant believe it.. Expos's fans over here... Mediocre opposition, even worst showing by our Habs.... The Hawks are gonna fade and will end the year 14th or 15th in the West...

What are you talking about?? Habs outshot the Hawks at home after an incredible game vs the Flams and a night flight... lots of dangerous shots and scoring chances. Khabibulin made the difference.. no Khabi, Habs would have won that one.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
I see what you mean but I think Perezhogin is the variable on that line. I think it's more safe to say that Johnson and Bonk are clicking, not the whole line. I can't imagine putting Samsonov on the line will make them any better, but I don't think it'll throw them out of whack either.
You underestimate Perezhogin. He was great on the second line. He had numerous chances and made Kovalev and Plekanec look a lot better in the latter part of the third period.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Nols_bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
What are you talking about?? Habs outshot the Hawks at home after an incredible game vs the Flams and a night flight... lots of dangerous shots and scoring chances. Khabibulin made the difference.. no Khabi, Habs would have won that one.
merci buckets...
You lay 30 shots on a goalie, the teams had a good game.

All the more reason to come out saturday agaisnt the Avs and destroy #60

Nols_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 11:10 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
No don't get me wrong, I think Perezhogin's played great and I'm really happy that he's getting second-line ice time...but what I'm trying to say is that I don't think he was essential to the third line, at least not to a point where one would have to worry about breaking up his chemistry with Bonk and Johnson.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 11:12 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexeiKovalev27 View Post
Wouldn't be worst than a 9-1
Don't jinx us

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 11:13 PM
DicAnns

I didn't hear Carbo's comments...

Did he sound like he was really planning to permanently switch Sammy and Perez??

DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Mike8

I'm happy to see the change of Samsonov/Perezhogin made. I'm disappointed it took this long as it was foreseeable, in my opinion.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Slick Nick

I liked what I've seen from the Perezhogin-Plekanec-Kovalev line. Perezhogin is such a hardworking player. Just have to laugh about Danny Dubé and the CKAC/110% morons who labled him as a lazy russian player.

He's everywhere on the ice, forechecks, backcheks, lays big hits, shoots the puck.. but he can't buy a goal

I'd like to see the Perezhogin/Samsonov switch for a few games, as Mike8 has stressed lately.. could spark both lines.

Old
10-18-2006, 11:21 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
I liked what I've seen from the Perezhogin-Plekanec-Kovalev line. Perezhogin is such a hardworking player. Just have to laugh about Danny Dubé and the CKAC/110% morons who labled him as a lazy russian player.

He's everywhere on the ice, forechecks, backcheks, lays big hits, shoots the puck.. but he can't buy a goal

I'd like to see the Perezhogin/Samsonov switch for a few games, as Mike8 has stressed lately.. could spark both lines.
I stopped laughing at nething NEGATIF 110% says because i would laugh to much. I really truly and honestly dont understand how people can sit in front of their tv and listen to these morons

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 11:25 PM
superstar436

Quote:

Dany dube said or has said good things about him except for the first game of teh season and he was right.
the 110% morons well..... who cares. ( oddly enough, perron likes perez, weird !!!!!!!!!!)

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 11:26 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
I stopped laughing at nething NEGATIF 110% says because i would laugh to much. I really truly and honestly dont understand how people can sit in front of their tv and listen to these morons

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 11:26 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
You underestimate Perezhogin. He was great on the second line. He had numerous chances and made Kovalev and Plekanec look a lot better in the latter part of the third period.
They only had 3 shifts together (one on the PP I believe)... So I don't think we saw a big impact on the line itself...but Perez was easily the most noticeable player on the line...Sad seeing as the other 2 are supposed to be players the team depends upon for success.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 11:27 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post

you can do that and watch nething.. but why fill ur brain with their crap?

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 11:28 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

CJAD were talking about how good his defensive play was tonight during the broadcast. Maybe that was when Chicago scored.. I wouldn't know since they seemed to avoid calling the game at all cost.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
CJAD were talking about how good his defensive play was tonight during the broadcast. Maybe that was when Chicago scored.. I wouldn't know since they seemed to avoid calling the game at all cost.
I'm sorry to sound like a Perezhogin freak again (which I'm not), but his defensive game is almost flawless since he came back from Hamilton last year; watch him when he's along the boards in his own zone, he's so good at talking the puck away from an opponent or simply neutralizing him... sometimes it makes me wonder about how usefull he can be on a third line, even though the points aren't comming.

Old
10-18-2006, 11:44 PM
Habs_Apostle

Perez has been working his buns off night in and night out. He deserves his "promotion" to the second line. So far not happy with the Sammy acquisition. Pleks and Perez had fantastic chemistry last year. And, as someone else noted, Pleks and Kovi seem to be finding that spark. I don't know, but the ingredients are there for this line to catch fire. Here's hoping! And hopefully sammy finds something with Bonk and Johnson. I don't think he can hurt this line, can he?

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 12:31 AM
znk

Video: Shifts that looked like PP

After these multiple "suspect" threads about the game against the Hawks. And especialy after the following quoted comment I decided to make a small montage of selected Habs shift from the first 2 periods only. Like I said in the quoted post. Habs had multiple powerplay like shifts in the first 2 periods. So here they are....only those with extended puck control and domination. None of those are powerplays. Followed by some supporting comments by Demers. Just give the clip time to load it's 11 megs divx 6.

Also notice how the crowd basicaly never reacts to anything...If I was to put some different/intense crowd noise on those sequences the feeling would be totaly different.
http://media.putfile.com/Habs-vs-Hawks-PP-like-shifts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
They totaly owned Chicago durrign the first 2 periods. They had multiple shifts that looked like powerplays

Hockey is certainly not your sport... Poor opposition, even worst showing. Disgusting... You should start watching figure skating, maybe you'll be better to evaluate skaters' performances..
Dont piss me off when I have resources to support my statements.
Cyrrus147 and NewHabsArea I'd like to have your response to what Demers and Crêtes say at the end of this clip. Thank you.

Now time for sleep.

Last edited by znk: 10-19-2006 at 12:41 AM.
znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 12:39 AM
tinyzombies

It's true, Bulin stole the game.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 12:41 AM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

You know, I think the Habs effort is underrated by everyone because everybody was downed by the mortuary atmosphere in Chicago. We play half our games at home which is very raucous and loud, and a lot of our away games in places like Toronto, Boston, Ottawa....

All and all, they played great, and deserved the win. The reason the Habs didn't win is two-fold, one has a name: Nikolai Khabibulin. The other one, a secondary one, is a very aggresive PK that wouldn't let point men go in motion for slap shots.

Other than that we owned them. They're not a one line team, they're a 2/3 of a line team. Havlat & Handzus, Vrbata is only there to fill the hole.

We deserved the win, we didn't get it. It happens.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 12:44 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Good for you. Thanks for the vid!

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 12:49 AM
Sthabs

I d like to see this, Perez is working his *** off and Carbo sees it
I think Samsonov will have less pressure on the 3rd line and his danglings abilities are more needed in the 3rd line than on the 2nd while Perez is preety good around the nets. I think he has a good connection with Pleky, he was good with Kovalev last year...and having these teammates will allow him to park his *** in front of the net and get the rebounds or deviations which he s pretty good at.

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 03:48 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
I thought we played as good a game as we were going to, when you take travel, jet lag and last night's game into effect. Can you imagine if we were playing a well-rested Sabres team, for example?
I do not think it would have been all that bad, although the Canadiens did not play amazing tonight I believe they controled most of the game.

The Sabres are in Montreal on MONDAY though

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 05:01 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:

lol cant believe it.. Expos's fans over here... Mediocre opposition, even worst showing by our Habs.... The Hawks are gonna fade and will end the year 14th or 15th in the West...

You should be laughing at yourself for thinking the habs were going to finish 1st in the east. Clearly, you do not have realistic expectations for this roster.

You are thinking this team is much better than they really are.

For those of us who picked the habs to finish somewhere between 5th-8th are taking this game in stride.

You should re-evaluate this team or else you are going to be in for a big disapointment

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 05:37 AM
GoodKiwi

Poor effort from our team last night. Very disappointing.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote