HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roy and Sakic Teleconference for Season Ticket Holders

Old
06-27-2013, 09:36 AM
The Mars Volchenkov

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Roy and Sakic Teleconference for Season Ticket Holders

As some of you may know, I'm a season ticket holder for the Avs. Well, I just got an email that on July 2nd at 1PM, Roy and Sakic will hold a fan forum teleconference where ticket holders can ask them questions about the team moving forward. Just another sign that the Avs are trying to be more open with the fans.

Anybody got any questions they'd like answered? Also, I'll be sure to summarize it for everyone.

Last edited by The Mars Volchenkov: 06-27-2013 at 09:57 AM.
The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:44 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
As some of you may know, I'm a season ticket holder for the Avs. Well, I just got an email that on July 2nd at 1PM, Roy and Sakic will hold a fan forum teleconference where ticket holders can ask them questions about the team moving forward. Just another sign that the Avs are trying to be more open with the fans.

Anybody got any questions they'd like answered?
Great news!

What are they gonna do with Duchene-O'Reilly-Stastny-MacKinnon long-term? No way they can keep all four.
How are they going to upgrade defense? What they think of Elliott and Barrie? Are those two some sort of solution?

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:45 AM
kento19
@kento19

vCash: 50
I would love for somebody to seriously ask Roy if he still has any type of relationship with Radulov and if it's a possibility he could end up in Denver.

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:46 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by kento19 View Post
I would love for somebody to seriously ask Roy if he still has any type of relationship with Radulov and if it's a possibility he could end up in Denver.
Great question. I would love to hear answer to this as well. Radulov would be great.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:54 AM
The Mars Volchenkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by kento19 View Post
Since he's still technically a member of Nashville's organization, I'm not sure he can answer that.

I had thought to ask about Hishon's condition and if they still consider him as having a future with the organization. Also wanted to get the organizations straight opinion on EJ.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:56 AM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
1) With a young team, what quantitative goals do they have for this year to be considered a success? playoffs? winning record? (of course they'll dodge this with the whole "we just want players to improve and keep driving towards eventually becoming a playoff/Stanley Cup caliber team and an organization Denver can be proud of)

2) What roles are Josh Kroenke and Greg Sherman going to have in the day to day business of this team?

3) What is the status of the Paul Stastny negotiations (would be shocked if they didn't dodge this one as well)

4) Is there any reason the Avs seem to shy away from European players in the NHL draft?

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 10:00 AM
lonelybadger

All of the above questions are excellent, but before you ask them can you please ask Roy:

If he can hear you or do you need to speak up because his Stanley Cup rings are in his ears still?

In all seriousness could you ask about Allaire and what his part-time role will be with the Avalanche given the criticism of previous part time goalie coaches?

lonelybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 10:00 AM
niwotsblessing

Questions regarding their plans for the defense, and why guys like Zanon, Hunwick and SOB are still on the roster, would be good. Questions regarding the goalie coach situation for the Avs and for all the good young prospects in the organization. Questions regarding organizational depth- LEM and the Cutthroats. Questions to reveal the draft, which of course will be determined by who they draft and any deals they make, to get insights regarding their strategies.

Thanks!

niwotsblessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 10:01 AM
TheStranger

I wish this would be recorded and released to the public

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
I wish this would be recorded and released to the public
I'd bet guys like Dater, Mark Moser and Kyle Keefe will be listening in. So they may post recaps on twitter and such.

But I doubt an "official" transcript is provided. There is a reason it's for season ticket holders only.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 10:18 AM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:

Anybody got any questions they'd like answered? Also, I'll be sure to summarize it for everyone.
My family has been season ticket holders for the Broncos for about 15 years now, this is something that they do, I think, every year. I wonder if the Avs are following in the Broncos footsteps since they are the Sports Juggernaut in Denver.

Avs For Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 10:22 AM
Bonzai12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
My family has been season ticket holders for the Broncos for about 15 years now, this is something that they do, I think, every year. I wonder if the Avs are following in the Broncos footsteps since they are the Sports Juggernaut in Denver.
There's always been some type of meeting like this with the Avs as well. It's nothing new.

Old
06-27-2013, 10:25 AM
The Mars Volchenkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
There's always been some type of meeting like this with the Avs as well. It's nothing new.
I've been a season ticket holder for three years and they've never done a conference before where you can ask questions. They have a meet the team party, but there's not much interaction.

Old
06-27-2013, 10:29 AM
The Mars Volchenkov

A few questions I had thought of as well:

- with all the centers in the organization from NHL to AHL, any plan to discuss with them moving to the wing? Also would ask Sakic if he thinks its a difficult transition given his career as a center.

- How much conversation have you had with the players since coming on board?

- Is there any one team in the NHL you look at and would like to build your team like?

- other than bringing in new talent, what other ways are you going to look at to fix the defensive issues on the team?

Old
06-27-2013, 10:38 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
I've been a Broncs season ticket holder for only 6 years (this year will be #7) and I can only recall the Q&A's like this since Elway and Co. took over. And they do like 2-3 a year with a rotating cast.

Old
06-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
A few questions I had thought of as well:

- with all the centers in the organization from NHL to AHL, any plan to discuss with them moving to the wing? Also would ask Sakic if he thinks its a difficult transition given his career as a center.

- How much conversation have you had with the players since coming on board?

- Is there any one team in the NHL you look at and would like to build your team like?

- other than bringing in new talent, what other ways are you going to look at to fix the defensive issues on the team?
I like them all.

I really would love to hear their thoughts on Mackinnon on Duchene's wing or Stastny on Mackinnon's wing.

Avs For Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 10:53 AM
chet1926

The obvious questions for me are:

1. How they plan to go about fixing our defensive problems? Obviously they are not going give specifics like names of targets, but it would be nice to see how they are planning to go about acquiring the right talent. Like via trade or UFA routes.

2. How they view prospects like Hishon and Sgarbossa and maybe even lesser ones like Bourke and Smith and what their plans are for these players.

3. Something about our newest #1 draft pick, whoever it is. Like why we went with that player over the others and what the plan is next year with that player?

4. What do they think this team needs to take the next step and what do they need to become legitimate Cup contenders?

5. What roles does each coach play? Like who is going to be in charge of what.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Teuras
Registered offender

vCash: 50
What kind of free agents do they want to add? (position, line, role)

Teuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 10:57 AM
the_fan

Quote:

What are they planning to do to improve the defense?

the_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:04 AM
PeterTheGreat

Plans for free agency?

ROR contract situation? What really happened?

PeterTheGreat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:07 AM
Avs71

Quote:
Also wanted to get the organizations straight opinion on EJ.
Would love to hear the answer on this. If they still view him as a big piece to the defensive puzzle, or if he is going to get a bigger role going forward.

Edit: to add to this, if Roy is comfortable with defencemen playing their offhand. I.E Barrie-EJ pairing.

Last edited by Avs71: 06-27-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Avs71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:35 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
ROR contract situation? What really happened?
That's one they won't answer or just give a generic "what's in the past" type answer.

Someone should suggest a uniform change.

Old
06-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Bonzai12

Don't ask any questions they are just going to sugarcoat. Ask pointed direct questions.

Anything about the future, players, etc....They are just going to paint a rosey picture on and make you feel good.

Old
06-27-2013, 12:01 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
That's one they won't answer or just give a generic "what's in the past" type answer.

Oh my goodness...YES, YES, YES!

TMV, you've GOT to ask about a potential change in Uniforms!

Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:34 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Oh my goodness...YES, YES, YES!

TMV, you've GOT to ask about a potential change in Uniforms!
I was wondering if someone else would jump in and beat me to this. Great minds... I think it should be worded carefully - as in the use of "rebrand" or "revamp/redesign" of the jerseys. Possibly mentioning the perfect timing of such a move and drawing comparison to the Canes and Stars...new identity, great opportunity to move forward/in a new direction and all.

Someone, anyone please please bring this up. If only to plant the seed and let them know that fans notice this stuff and care about this stuff. They want to give he team back to the fans, well here's the chance to say something.

SuperTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote