HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Offseason Thread Part V: Trade Em All!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2013, 11:43 AM
  #201
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicDing View Post
I've posted my arguments. This is the deepest top 5 in recent memory, Staal is in my opinion more expendable than MDZ, and any of that top 5 fill a need.
I think your mistake is assuming that this draft is so much better than drafts past. That's a bad assumption. Just the hype machine at work.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 11:45 AM
  #202
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicDing View Post
I've posted my arguments. This is the deepest top 5 in recent memory, Staal is in my opinion more expendable than MDZ, and any of that top 5 fill a need.
Your arguments have tons of holes in them. Flaws which you're neglecting because you're too busy trying to prove a point. A point that's become irrelevant considering there are no facts in your statements.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 11:46 AM
  #203
EpicDing
The Fellowship
 
EpicDing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I think your mistake is assuming that this draft is so much better than drafts past. That's a bad assumption. Just the hype machine at work.
We'll see I guess. Agree to disagree. As I've said, I'd be completely OK with making only minor (Richards buyout, 4th line, RHD) changes to the team. It's just fun to hypothesize.

EpicDing is online now  
Old
06-27-2013, 11:47 AM
  #204
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Your trusted source is spewing hypothetical ideas and possibilities. Like he does throughout the year. The evidence you think you have is someone's thoughts.

Holy **** it's going to be a long offseason.
He's not one to post something random unless he's at least heard rumblings. I trust that guy. He probably wouldn't have said anything if it wasn't at least a possibility.

Championship* is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 11:47 AM
  #205
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
The Rangers knew Clowe was seeing the doctor about his concussion. Someone tells Renaud Lavoie about Clowe getting a clean bill of health. Lavoie tweeted contract demands by Clowe in April. He has a source in the Clowe camp. The agent Kent Hughes. Same agent as Vinny L. Who had the Vinny story first this morning? Lavoie. Who has all of the Letang updates? Lavoie. Who is the agent for Letang? Hughes.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 11:50 AM
  #206
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Rangers knew Clowe was seeing the doctor about his concussion. Someone tells Renaud Lavoie about Clowe getting a clean bill of health. Lavoie tweeted contract demands by Clowe in April. He has a source in the Clowe camp. The agent Kent Hughes. Same agent as Vinny L. Who had the Vinny story first this morning? Lavoie. Who has all of the Letang updates? Lavoie. Who is the agent for Letang? Hughes.
Seriously, how do you keep all of this knowledge in your head?

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 11:51 AM
  #207
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,275
vCash: 500
A few days ago, I was all about bringing in Briere at a reasonable price for 2 years. And while I'm still ok with that scenario, I now want VL4. Badly. He's a big center who can play on any line, he's good on the PP, brings veteran leadership. The only reason TB bought him out is because at 33, he is no longer worth the $7.7 M cap hit. We need to buy out Richards for the same reason. As long as Vinny doesn't want an exorbitant amount of money for an absurd amount of years, the Rangers should be in on him.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-VL4-Callahan
Pyatt-Brassard-MZA
Asham-Boyle-Dorsett

Not sure I like Pyatt on the 3rd line, but I'm not one for speculating about trades and other free agents. Powe is still in the mix and then the kids Miller, Lindberg, Fast could change the spectrum as well. I also like the idea of:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
MZA-Brassard-Callahan
Kreider-VL4-Briere
Asham/Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett

mti79 is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 11:53 AM
  #208
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
He's not one to post something random unless he's at least heard rumblings. I trust that guy. He probably wouldn't have said anything if it wasn't at least a possibility.
Post what you read. Please.

You're reading something different than the rest of us, or you're misunderstanding open-ended thoughts that can mean a million different things.

Thanks.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 11:55 AM
  #209
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,758
vCash: 500
Far more of what Dreger reports in his "rumblings" doesn't come to pass than does.

Tawnos is online now  
Old
06-27-2013, 11:55 AM
  #210
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Seriously, how do you keep all of this knowledge in your head?
We've been trying to figure that out for years.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 11:56 AM
  #211
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Your arguments have tons of holes in them. Flaws which you're neglecting because you're too busy trying to prove a point. A point that's become irrelevant considering there are no facts in your statements.
The glittering 5th over all is blinding, "It's now or never".

Kwayry is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 11:57 AM
  #212
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Far more of what Dreger reports in his "rumblings" doesn't come to pass than does.
That's why they're rumblings.

__________________


Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 11:59 AM
  #213
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
That's why they're rumblings.
Maybe he's just hungry?

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 11:59 AM
  #214
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
The glittering 5th over all is blinding, "It's now or never".
There are 6-7 1st overall players in this years draft. It's that epic.

7 Sidney Crosby's on 7 different teams at the same time. Bettman can't wait.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 12:00 PM
  #215
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
That's why they're rumblings.
Whoa!

Seriously, why anyone would take a Dreger tweet like that and run so far with it is beyond me.

Tawnos is online now  
Old
06-27-2013, 12:01 PM
  #216
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Vincent Richards is Brad Lecavalier. Please god no.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 12:03 PM
  #217
EpicDing
The Fellowship
 
EpicDing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
There are 6-7 1st overall players in this years draft. It's that epic.

7 Sidney Crosby's on 7 different teams at the same time. Bettman can't wait.
Did I ever say that? I said there were 7 players that were high end talents that could normally all go top 3 in a normal year. I never once said any one of them were on Crosby's level. And, I think it is now or never for Staal to the Canes. He's a need now, and they won't have enticing pieces in the future really.

Either way, don't put words in my mouth.

EpicDing is online now  
Old
06-27-2013, 12:07 PM
  #218
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
FORWARDS
Carl Hagelin ($2.000m) / Derek Stepan ($3.700m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Chris Kreider ($1.325m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($5.000m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Ryane Clowe ($2.750m) / Derick Brassard ($3.200m) / Mats Zuccarello ($1.500m)
Magnus Paajarvi ($1.800m) / Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Maxim Lapierre ($1.200m) / Micheal Haley ($0.600m) or keep Asham?

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($4.500m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
John Moore ($0.965m) / Anton Babchuk ($1.800m)
Ben Lovejoy ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)

OTHER
Buyout: Brad Richards ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,673,333;
BONUSES: $762,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,389,167

Trades at the draft
MDZ + Taylor Pyatt to EDM for 1st rounder 2013 + 4th rounder 2014 + Magnus Pääjärvi Svensson
Arron Asham for a 5th rounder
Darrol Powe for a 6th rounder

NYR Draft picks
1st Round #7 (in the Del Zotto trade) - NYR choose Valeri Nichushkin or Elias Lindholm
2nd Round (traded for Columbus + Nashvilles 3rd round picks) - Oscar de la Rose
3rd Round - Myles Bell
4th Round - Home run pick
5th Round - Luka Gracnar (for Asham)
6th Round - Andrew Copp


Easy. How hard can it be?
In this scenario (Nichushkin drops to 7), why is he not playing if he's a "sure thing" like everyone says to play next year? why is he not on any line?

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 12:07 PM
  #219
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500


Dreger's on his phone right now texting Rutherford about (Marc) Staal...

True story.


Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 12:08 PM
  #220
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Whoa!

Seriously, why anyone would take a Dreger tweet like that and run so far with it is beyond me.
I don't know what tweet it is you're referring to, but I'm sure there's many people running much further with much less.

Remember the Code? Hockey Insiderrr? Dallas Dave? Hockey rumor cold-readers are hot hot right now.

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 12:08 PM
  #221
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post


Where do you guys come up with nonsense like this?



You would look into everybody. That's all you care about. Free agents and trades. Roster shake-ups. Adding pieces.




It's true. It happens every year. The unknown is always more valuable than the alternative on our board.



All of the top-5 draft picks are going to make the NHL, and contribute next year? Really?

Where have I heard that before...
and from the sounds of it, you disagree with everything, so you would sit on your *** and do nothing and think the kids are going to bring the team a SC. There is absolutely zero reason not to look into anything and everything that could help the team.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 12:09 PM
  #222
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
But he's like 100 times better than Callahan.
Cap casualities and Chicago's emerging center depth is why he is a moveable piece. Make no mistake, the Hawks wouldn't pay Callahan to play behind Hossa, Kane and would prefer cost friendly Shaw who played RW this year.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 12:10 PM
  #223
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicDing View Post
Did I ever say that? I said there were 7 players that were high end talents that could normally all go top 3 in a normal year. I never once said any one of them were on Crosby's level. And, I think it is now or never for Staal to the Canes. He's a need now, and they won't have enticing pieces in the future really.

Either way, don't put words in my mouth.
The guy trying to feed us his opinion like a fact is telling me not to put words in his mouth. Gotcha.

And I get it. Besides the 5th overall pick, Carolina doesn't have any more enticing pieces left to offer for Marc...

You're in love with this pick. Get over it.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 12:10 PM
  #224
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Dreger's on his phone right now texting Rutherford about (Marc) Staal...

True story.

Kim Staal is on his way to Carolina as we speak. 4/5 Dregerfaces.

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 12:10 PM
  #225
EpicDing
The Fellowship
 
EpicDing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
In this scenario (Nichushkin drops to 7), why is he not playing if he's a "sure thing" like everyone says to play next year? why is he not on any line?
Personally, I wouldn't re sign Clowe and put Nischuskin in his place, be that second line or third.

EpicDing is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.