HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Jaroslav Halak to Columbus

Old
06-27-2013, 08:24 AM
Jeffro

vCash: 500
Jaroslav Halak to Columbus

Considering the possibility of Bobrovsky leaving for Russia - and really, even if he stays - this is a move I think would make a good deal of sense. Jarmo and JD were obviously running the show in St. Louis when the deal was made for him, and given some concerns about durability, 30-50 games would seem about right for him. Even if Bob stays, there has to be serious consideration to the possibility of a come down, and Halak would be a great veteran insurance policy.

St. Louis has to move one of he, Allen and Elliott, and numbers and team dynamics would suggest Halak is the odd man out. With Columbus moving out of their division and the familiarity between the franchises, it seems like a natural fit.

So, what would it take? Atkinson and a pick? Expand the deal to somehow include Dubinsky?

Jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:27 AM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 306
We don't have to move anyone, Allen can still go to the minors, but it does make sense.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:28 AM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Cam will not be traded for what was an under performing Halak

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:31 AM
Jeffro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
We don't have to move anyone, Allen can still go to the minors, but it does make sense.
He can, but it's probably not fantastic for his development. Nor does it make a ton of sense. But he does still have a year or ~50 games until he's waiver eligible.

Jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:31 AM
Parayko Physics
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 445
If Bob stayed in Columbus there's no way they trade for Halak to be a 3.75 mil back-up regardless of if he's going to play around 30 games.

I don't think Halak returns Atkinson, if his play against the blues represents his general play. He always seemed like a factor against us...

Parayko Physics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:54 AM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
Considering the possibility of Bobrovsky leaving for Russia - and really, even if he stays - this is a move I think would make a good deal of sense. Jarmo and JD were obviously running the show in St. Louis when the deal was made for him, and given some concerns about durability, 30-50 games would seem about right for him. Even if Bob stays, there has to be serious consideration to the possibility of a come down, and Halak would be a great veteran insurance policy.

St. Louis has to move one of he, Allen and Elliott, and numbers and team dynamics would suggest Halak is the odd man out. With Columbus moving out of their division and the familiarity between the franchises, it seems like a natural fit.

So, what would it take? Atkinson and a pick? Expand the deal to somehow include Dubinsky?
Asking for Atkinson? Seriously? There are better ways to commit suicide.
We badly need to add to our scoring skill, not give it away.

Halak would be welcome, but not at the prices he would deservedly command.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:02 AM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
You don't have to move anyone, but StL has always been a budget team and Halak will make $4.5M this year. If the plan is to go with Elliot, I can't see them keeping Halak (although I am sure they will say otherwise to drive up the price).

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:09 AM
Chojin
Tiny Panger...

With so many goaltending options available, I highly doubt anybody will want to take Halak.

Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:19 AM
candyman82

No way are we moving Atkinson for Halak. No way in hell.

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 10:09 AM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
You don't have to move anyone, but StL has always been a budget team and Halak will make $4.5M this year. If the plan is to go with Elliot, I can't see them keeping Halak (although I am sure they will say otherwise to drive up the price).
Neither can handle a huge workload, the most likely scenario is we keep both and see how the tandem goes.

Old
06-27-2013, 10:10 AM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

We wouldn't get Atkinson and Atkinson doesn't really have a spot here anyway.

Old
06-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post

Halak for Atkinson and a pick?
Do you rob banks on the side as well sir?

Multimoodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 01:26 PM
Matt24bradley*

What would it take to get him in Philly

Matt24bradley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 01:30 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt24bradley View Post
What would it take to get him in Philly
Read or Cousins+.

Old
06-27-2013, 02:19 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
The market for goalies is such that Halak won't really return much significant if he is traded. It would be purely a move to make room for Allen in the NHL and free up salary to use elsewhere (1C?). I don't really think this scenario is likely, but if Halak gets moved Blue's fans won't like the return.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Parayko Physics
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
The market for goalies is such that Halak won't really return much significant if he is traded. It would be purely a move to make room for Allen in the NHL and free up salary to use elsewhere (1C?). I don't really think this scenario is likely, but if Halak gets moved Blue's fans won't like the return.
I agree. I think if we could get a 2nd, we should take it. That all depends on if Army is fine with Elliot/Allen going forward. I just don't see Halak or Elliot in our long term plans, but Elliot has been more valuable to the team and costs less and Halak has more value to the rest of the league IMO.

Parayko Physics is online now   Reply With Quote