HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Denis Savard.... Denis Savard.... Denis Savard !

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-18-2006, 07:19 PM
  #1
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
Denis Savard.... Denis Savard.... Denis Savard !

Ok I was watching RDS on 8:11 PM and Jacques Demers was talking about Denis Savard and I was wondering if someone else noticed how much he overused his name, I think he said 10 times Denis Savard in 1 minute, very painful.

SpreeEndaz is offline  
Old
10-18-2006, 07:25 PM
  #2
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Ok I was watching RDS on 8:11 PM and Jacques Demers was talking about Denis Savard and I was wondering if someone else noticed how much he overused his name, I think he said 10 times Denis Savard in 1 minute, very painful.
I manage to block him out. You can keep your sanity that way

 
Old
10-18-2006, 07:27 PM
  #3
Pat
Registered User
 
Pat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Trois-Rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,054
vCash: 500
I don't listen to 3 chins anymore. too hard to follow what he's mumbling about

Pat is offline  
Old
10-18-2006, 07:31 PM
  #4
Seb
Unregistered User
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,937
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
I feel sad and/or ashame for his colleagues...

Seb is offline  
Old
10-18-2006, 07:31 PM
  #5
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
I manage to block him out. You can keep your sanity that way
Well, I think it's the opposite; it's a very intellectual activity to decypher his secret code.

SpreeEndaz is offline  
Old
10-18-2006, 07:33 PM
  #6
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Well, I think it's the opposite; it's a very intellectual activity to decypher his secret code.
The "Demers" Code...

 
Old
10-18-2006, 07:36 PM
  #7
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
The "Demers" Code...
Soon in a library near you!


*Information collected and written by RDS.ca* (hopefully some people will understand this one)

SpreeEndaz is offline  
Old
10-18-2006, 07:37 PM
  #8
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,599
vCash: 500
Would be fun if we could talk like him.......you know what I mean, Pat, Lordchezz, SpreeEndaz, Seb_Rafter, Waffledave, Mike8, Tlusty, Gros Bill, McPhee......

(Does he always have to say the first name of every person around him when he talks..... )

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
10-18-2006, 08:24 PM
  #9
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Well.. I thought Demers wasnt at his place behind a camera until he makes public his illetrate probs.. Right now, I feel he is doing a decent job.. He is more accurate in what he has to say and I dont have any probs with the guy right now...

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
10-18-2006, 09:08 PM
  #10
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Well.. I thought Demers wasnt at his place behind a camera until he makes public his illetrate probs.. Right now, I feel he is doing a decent job.. He is more accurate in what he has to say and I dont have any probs with the guy right now...
For me, its the exact opposite...I used to like him...now I think he's a tool...maybe that comes with being a little older and having a higher sense of awareness...

 
Old
10-18-2006, 10:28 PM
  #11
Seb
Unregistered User
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,937
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Each time he talk about Carbo seems like he's going to have an orgasm.

Seb is offline  
Old
10-18-2006, 10:53 PM
  #12
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter View Post
Each time he talk about Carbo seems like he's going to have an orgasm.
Please don't talk about Demers that way, it's not a very pleasant thought.

SpreeEndaz is offline  
Old
10-18-2006, 11:00 PM
  #13
Seb
Unregistered User
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,937
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Please don't talk about Demers that way, it's not a very pleasant thought.
[JacquesDemers]

HURGHHHHHHHHHHHH sorry

[/JacqueDemers]

Seb is offline  
Old
10-19-2006, 12:12 AM
  #14
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Ok I was watching RDS on 8:11 PM and Jacques Demers was talking about Denis Savard and I was wondering if someone else noticed how much he overused his name, I think he said 10 times Denis Savard in 1 minute, very painful.
it's like the 10 threads per week about the french medias ; very painful ...

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
10-19-2006, 12:16 AM
  #15
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,275
vCash: 500
Awards:
Is it just me, or did his voice change between last year and this year? He always sounds so hoarse and strained as if he's been shouting the whole period (maybe he is!). I dunno, I just find his actual voice so much more irritating to listen to this year.


Last edited by hototogisu: 10-19-2006 at 12:23 AM.
hototogisu is offline  
Old
10-19-2006, 06:07 AM
  #16
Ludo
Registered User
 
Ludo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
For me, its the exact opposite...I used to like him...now I think he's a tool...maybe that comes with being a little older and having a higher sense of awareness...
How does that make sense? Empathy is reduced with age?

Demers babbles like crazy and there's no doubt he struggles to talk "normally" but not showing empathy for the guy and his daily struggles displays a lack of respect and class towards people that are less fortunate.

As NewHabsArea stated, when I first saw him behind the desk at RDS I thought: "why did they hire a guy who can barely pronounce anyone's name right, etc."....but after hearing his story I try to understand what he's dealing with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Ok I was watching RDS on 8:11 PM and Jacques Demers was talking about Denis Savard and I was wondering if someone else noticed how much he overused his name, I think he said 10 times Denis Savard in 1 minute, very painful.
I'm no Demers-is-God freak, but mocking someone who is illiterate is just plain stupid.

Ludo is offline  
Old
10-19-2006, 06:26 AM
  #17
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
I'm no Demers-is-God freak, but mocking someone who is illiterate is just plain stupid.
It's not because you're illetrated that you can't do a proper sentence without using the same term 10 times, I don't think it has something to do with his problems.

SpreeEndaz is offline  
Old
10-19-2006, 06:37 AM
  #18
Ludo
Registered User
 
Ludo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
It's not because you're illetrated that you can't do a proper sentence without using the same term 10 times, I don't think it has something to do with his problems.
Of course it does. Read point 2b of the Merriam-Webster dictionnary. One of the "approved patterns" is obviously repeating words in sentences
I understand the point of your post, but just don't think it's very respectful when the person in question has a disability.
Should RDS review who they have as the studio analyst...sure I think so. Jacques ramblings aren't really educational and he is wayyy too biased about his ex-players


Last edited by Ludo: 10-19-2006 at 07:42 AM.
Ludo is offline  
Old
10-19-2006, 08:43 AM
  #19
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
How does that make sense? Empathy is reduced with age?

Demers babbles like crazy and there's no doubt he struggles to talk "normally" but not showing empathy for the guy and his daily struggles displays a lack of respect and class towards people that are less fortunate.

As NewHabsArea stated, when I first saw him behind the desk at RDS I thought: "why did they hire a guy who can barely pronounce anyone's name right, etc."....but after hearing his story I try to understand what he's dealing with.


I'm no Demers-is-God freak, but mocking someone who is illiterate is just plain stupid.

I understand what you mean. I do recognize the challenges that Demers faces on a daily basis and commend him for making it through his career despite it.

My explanation about age can be demonstrated this way...I dont know if you can relate or not. When I was a kid, I had this one uncle who was just amazing. He was funny, always acting goofy and fun to play with. However, the older I got, the more I realized that he had serious issues and that those hilarious tirades were nothing but drunken rants.

I think when you're younger, you tend to take things said by adults by face value without applying any critical thinking and formulating opinions of your own.

When it comes to demers, I don't think its a case of cause-effect in terms of his condition and me thinking he has no credibility. Its more like a reference point on a timeline for when I really became aware of how much I disagreed with what he was saying.

 
Old
10-19-2006, 10:55 AM
  #20
Ludo
Registered User
 
Ludo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
I understand what you mean. I do recognize the challenges that Demers faces on a daily basis and commend him for making it through his career despite it.

My explanation about age can be demonstrated this way...I dont know if you can relate or not. When I was a kid, I had this one uncle who was just amazing. He was funny, always acting goofy and fun to play with. However, the older I got, the more I realized that he had serious issues and that those hilarious tirades were nothing but drunken rants.

I think when you're younger, you tend to take things said by adults by face value without applying any critical thinking and formulating opinions of your own.

When it comes to demers, I don't think its a case of cause-effect in terms of his condition and me thinking he has no credibility. Its more like a reference point on a timeline for when I really became aware of how much I disagreed with what he was saying.
I see what you mean. You were talking from a hockey knowledge standpoint.

Ludo is offline  
Old
10-19-2006, 01:56 PM
  #21
Mad Habber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Is it just me, or did his voice change between last year and this year? He always sounds so hoarse and strained as if he's been shouting the whole period (maybe he is!). I dunno, I just find his actual voice so much more irritating to listen to this year.
If you've notice, it's not just the voice, he is constantly either clearing his throat or coughing when he talks. Between that, his little codes, constantly repeating names, and shuffling papers he can't read, it's a wonder we can understand him.

I wonder how many takes it took for him to film that glucosamine commercial with Bergeron a couple of years ago.

"Michel Bergeron, moi j'utilize (cough) la glucosamine Adrian (cough, cough) Gagnon, Michel.

Mad Habber is offline  
Old
10-19-2006, 02:05 PM
  #22
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Ok I was watching RDS on 8:11 PM and Jacques Demers was talking about Denis Savard and I was wondering if someone else noticed how much he overused his name, I think he said 10 times Denis Savard in 1 minute, very painful.
Why bash Demers ? Oh yeah, I forgot that Ribeiro, Theodore, Dagenais and Brisebois were gone... But Latendresse is here. He is perfect. 19 y old, not playing great... Yeah, just perfect !

habitue* is offline  
Old
10-19-2006, 02:13 PM
  #23
CoupeStanley
Registered User
 
CoupeStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Nicolet
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,533
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Jacques Demers is a great hockey mind and a man I respect a lot.

That thread is borderline disgusting.

CoupeStanley is offline  
Old
10-19-2006, 02:23 PM
  #24
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Soon in a library near you!


*Information collected and written by RDS.ca* (hopefully some people will understand this one)
That's a lame comment. You might not like what he says, but don't bash him because of his deficiency.

By the way, the guy has won a stanley cup coaching hockey, have you? My bet is he knows a ton more about hockey than 98% of ppl here.

Pascal is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.