HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Very positive game. 2nd line (merged)

Old
10-19-2006, 06:52 AM
Ludo

vCash: 500
Perezhogin had a great night tonight! Well deserved promotion to the second line. Samsonov....what a waste! How many times this year have I seen him just pass the puck to an empty space?!?

Impressive last night:
- Perezhogin
- First line
- Latendresse (best game of the season)

Not impressive last night:
- Samsonov
- Rivet
- Souray

Ludo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 07:00 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
I for one don't want to see Samsonov on the third line. Honestly I think the chemistry on that third line is fragile, and I wouldn't mess with it. If Perez-Bonk-Johnson is clicking, then don't mess with it. Samsonov trying to stickhandle through three players isn't going to help them.
I dont want samsonov anywhere on the roster... quite honestly.... wasted 3.5 mil...

i hope bob didn't make this move just for the sake of signing someone. It would be an indication that he actually can fall under pressure and make a bad move. His ability to stay cool under pressure is supposed to be his strength. I remember at that time people were screaming for gainey to make a move

Anyways, I'll give Bob the benefit of the doubt. But just like the day the signing was announced, I didn't like it.... and I like it even less now that it seems higgins was no fluke and that perez is finding his game at the NHL level. I would have loved to see kostitsyn get some resemblence of a season under his belt at the NHL level

Of course, when our skilled forwards start going down to injuries, I'll probably be happy that we have sammy ... oh well

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 07:21 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I dont want samsonov anywhere on the roster... quite honestly.... wasted 3.5 mil...

i hope bob didn't make this move just for the sake of signing someone. It would be an indication that he actually can fall under pressure and make a bad move. His ability to stay cool under pressure is supposed to be his strength. I remember at that time people were screaming for gainey to make a move

Anyways, I'll give Bob the benefit of the doubt. But just like the day the signing was announced, I didn't like it.... and I like it even less now that it seems higgins was no fluke and that perez is finding his game at the NHL level. I would have loved to see kostitsyn get some resemblence of a season under his belt at the NHL level

Of course, when our skilled forwards start going down to injuries, I'll probably be happy that we have sammy ... oh well

Or possibly Sammy will be the one who gets injured and Kostitsyn can have his spot

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 07:56 AM
GoodKiwi

So, where are all those 'it's only been X games, give it more time' zealots now?

I have always said that the current second line sucks and Samsonov is a big reason for that.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 08:12 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Good for Carbo!
I was very pleased with his decision to demote Samsonov during the game. I'm a patient guy but come on already...they have to get going.
I said it before, this was a dumb signing , THERE IS A REASON WHY THE BRUINS GAVE HIM AWAY AT THE DEADLINE. Yes he has talent , but folks 3.5 mil for maybe
20-25 goals why bother? Like I said this was the year we put Kosty on a top 2 line
and let him go, how much worse can he be???

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 08:27 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

I'm wondering if a team would take a chance on Samsonov...but we will not trade him this year, it would be bad for the UFA image of the Habs...

But it still early in the season...Samsonov can be good.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 08:30 AM
GSK*

OMG the worst in that is Samsonov have play well...

Sorry but on the goal its was Niinimaa fault or/and Aebischer

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 08:37 AM
Netro

It is only 6 games. No reason to panic. And Carbo is doing the right thing...all he is trying to do is push the second line, which is what he should be doing. But, I am fairly confident that Carbo is not panicked...just trying to light a fire under their rears, like a good coach should. He is telling them that the team needs them and that they need to step up for the team to be successful. Please, lets not place final judgement on the acquisition of Samsonov or the potential of this team after 6 games.

Last night was a tough situation for the Habs...to play 24 hours after a tough game against Calgary, with travel to boot, is not easy. They played a fresh team and while they did not play well, the Habs still had a legit chance to walk away with points.

I do hope we continue to see Higgins, Ryder, Bonk and Perezhogin continue to play well. (not that they are the only ones playing well, just I have been really impressed by this group: Higgins has so much confidence in the offensive zone, Ryder has an extra step this season, Bonk is playing with offensive flair and Perezhogin hopefully will soon be rewarded for his hard work - all he needs is more confidence in his own ability)

Netro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 08:39 AM
larue*

One thing I will tell you all about watching last nights game............Man do I miss the old Chicago Stadium crowd. That place rocked and even being the away team you love to watch a game played in that stadium. I dont know if it is the new arena or what but man was that the quietest home crowd I have ever heard.

larue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 09:11 AM
RC51

Prezs is doing exactly what he is told.
Carbo wants a two way player, Prez is a shooter since he was born.
Do you remember his first games as a hab? He looked dangerous all right but stupid penilties and and an almost complete lack of defence at the NHL level.
Well what I see now is way better. He has learned many lessons and continues to take instruction well. Sure he has not scored but has hit posts a plenty. He is on a shut down line and playing well not great but well. With Samsonov not producing, Prez will get some offence line action soon. I am sure he would produce with Koivu but no way that line gets broken up, so he needs Pleks back.
What the Habs are missing, is still missing. A top BIG, FAST, Power Center. None were available off season. Gainey tried.
Habs don't have a prospect center ready to go.
It's a trade or it's a wait till someone breaks out.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 09:14 AM
GoodKiwi

A question for you guys. If, and only if, we were to trade Samsonov right this moment, could you name any teams that could be potentially interested in him at his current price tag?

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 09:16 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

While Pleks moves his feet a lot and works well defensively, we may have overestimate his ability to finish in the Bigs, hence not being the greatest asset on a regular supposed scoring line. I personnaly like the guy for his energy and defensive play but he will have to put points on the board now.

As far as Sammy, well I was a fan of the Boston's Sammy, was less a fan of the Edmonton Sammy, and less and less a fan of the Montreal one.....He's just not skating like he use to. Are we going to find out that he was out of shape and that next year he'll come to camp with 10-15 pounds less on his shoulders....

Kovy is Kovy, you won't change him, you either trade him or keep him, can't be traded with that contract and that's anyway not the decision I would take. If he's well surrounded, he's a total gamebreaker.

Ribeiro was definately not the solution, we might find out that Pleks isn't either...at least not offensively to pivot a 2nd line. A 3rd line, sure, but what do we do with Bonk, he's too efficient to go back on the 4th......

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netro View Post
It is only 6 games. No reason to panic.
Well my reason to begin to think that I might panic......is that for example, in Perez's case, no panic should be allowed. Things happen when he's on the ice, he's dangerous, just need to get things going. Only time will help him.

In Sammy's case he had one good presence in 6 games and that was his goal. It's not only a question of not finding the back of the net, it's a question of intensity, it's a question of "are we witnessing somebody who's gradually not having it anymore". Unless he proves me otherwise, I would think that.

And Pleks needs to show me that he could shoot and be opportunistic. He had 2 great chances yesterday and couldn't bury it. But most of the games so far, he didn't have that great of chance to score.

I believe that Pleks might need somebody on his line that he knows pretty well, and Perez might be the key. It's just a shame to pay 3 million for a third liner, when Kosty might have been ready to play the role....

Old
10-19-2006, 09:35 AM
Habitants

"lats best game of season" ?

oh sure but he played less than 6 minutes

good job Perz, he worked hard and earned some extra time

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 09:44 AM
AH

So... Sammy is this year's Bonk / Dandenault.

Well, well people never learn.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
So... Sammy is this year's Bonk / Dandenault.

Well, well people never learn.
Well we right to be frustrated about both when they were not playing great, and will be right to praise him when he's going to play better. I don't understand why we should praise them or leave them alone just based on the fact that they might play better one day.

Even last year, for some Bonk was good defensively but people were frustrated about his obvious lack of offensive contribution. Dandenault was doing his job, nothing spectacular but then he began hitting people in the Playoffs and then people start appreciate his new physical play. So both players were already doing some good things but struggling in others.

But what's to love about Sammy so far?????

Old
10-19-2006, 09:53 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
You know that they won't reply.

They're only able to come out after dark, when the Habs lose.

Old
10-19-2006, 09:56 AM
hab

I actually thought they did look a little tired.... lets just say if this game was played

with a couple of days rest, we would have won. My issue is with the scheduling,

one game during the week last week, and this week we only have two, but they are

back to back and they have to travel...who decides this stuff, bugs bunny

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:01 AM
AH

Bob Gainey himself sad that Sammy will take a couple of months to settle in to his new team. He said that you have to allow a new player the opportunity to get accustomed to his new environment.

There is nothing to like about Sammy, but there is nothing to hate either ... You clowns are retarded to bash someone 6 games into his new team. But guys like Whitesnake have a different agenda... He isn't JP Dumont, so tehy get all up in arms at their earliest convenience.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:03 AM
Aarex

Or you can simply ignore him like the rest of us do, i've had him on my ignore list for probably 5 months. Not because i don't like the guy or anything, simply i got tired of reading the same stuff by him over and over and over without having anything particularily insightful or relevant to say.

Bulin was a machine last night, I think its the nervous twitch he has in his eye every time he plays that throws us for a loop. I honestly don't know how he even can see the play with his eye half shut in that freaky stare he gets during games.

Aarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:04 AM
THEREW

Quote:
Bob Gainey himself sad that Sammy will take a couple of months to settle in to his new team. He said that you have to allow a new player the opportunity to get accustomed to his new environment.

There is nothing to like about Sammy, but there is nothing to hate either ... You clowns are retarded to bash someone 6 games into his new team. But guys like Whitesnake have a different agenda... He isn't JP Dumont, so tehy get all up in arms at their earliest convenience.
Not retarded...worried

Nuance

THEREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:05 AM
habfan4

znk,

Do yourself a favour and don't worry about what "Plekanec" (aka NewHabsArea) posts. His over the top prospect fellating and frequent self congratulatory posts/threads speak for themselves.

I don't have a clue who Cyrrus147 is?

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:07 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
znk,

Do yourself a favour and don't worry about what "Plekanec" (aka NewHabsArea) posts. His over the top prospect fellating and frequent self congratulatory posts/threads speak for themselves.

I don't have a clue who Cyrrus147 is?
Kovalev10

Old
10-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

I hope it has nothing to do with the language they speak but the effort and results on the ice, anyway that's all I care. As far as new players, we may have the tendancy of comparing our 3 neweset acquisitions and see that 2 out of 3 have responded very well in one (Johnson) well in another (Niniimaa) and not so great in the other one. But again, it might have to do with the style they're playing. It's always easier for a defensive guy to blend in than for an offensive one, most likely somebody who we had great expectations of.....maybe a little too much. But some will say that expectations come with the salary they're giving him as well.

I agree that panic is not in order but I also agree that Carbo has every right to try some new things to shake things up.

Old
10-19-2006, 10:36 AM
oli500

And Like I said, defensevely we almost played a perfect game. Two brain cramps from markov and ninema prevented us from getting the two points. When the habs learn to cut down are mistake from two to one were going to win are share of games especialy with the solid goaltending we have.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote