HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

GDT: Flyers vs Sabres

Old
10-18-2006, 05:55 AM
OilerOlli*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
If Esche keeps this up, the Sabres will win 1-0 in the shootout on the 35th shooter. Esche will only allow a goal when he runs to the lockerroom to take a pee and can't get the equipment back on in time for the next shooter.
Yeah right...

OilerOlli* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 06:35 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
You're beat on this one Jester. This is Hitch's team. He got what he wanted and now it's blowing up all around him. If he makes it through the month, I'll be awfully surprised. There's no more players that can be moved out for Hitch. None. He's done in Philadelphia and that ticking you hear, that's the 15 minutes just about ready to ring on Hitch's coaching career in Philadelphia. Enjoy what's left of the man who has managed to alienate an entire team, a man who has managed to run players out of town because he felt they would never be regular contributors, and a man who has managed to turn 25 and 30 goal scorers into nothing more than overpaid checkers. His time of destruction is coming to an end in Philadelphia and it just can't end soon enough.
it'll be fun when that doesn't happen... seeing as they JUST re-signed him and he has yet to score less than 100 pts in a season here. i don't have a man-crush on him, but i do think he's one of the better coaches in the league. i'm also tired of firing coaches in Philadelphia... you may have noticed in the past, that hasn't been the solution to our problems. we have a YOUNG team... in fact, the players YOU complained about not getting enough time last year are seeing major minutes in important spots and they aren't getting it done.

you complained ALL of last year about this and now they're out there and struggling... that's the problem with this team. NOT Hitch. you've also CONSTANTY stated that Hitch only likes veterans... he doesn't like coaching young players... ad nauseum. so, how exactly is a team with a two 2nd-year centers seeing major minutes, a 2nd-year winger next to one of those, and a defensive corps built around a 23 y/o dman "Hitch's Team," because that contradicts every criticism of the man you rambled last year.

i'm curious... who of importance has Hitch run out of town? McGillis? Stevenson?

who that SHOULD be a 25/30 goal scorer has Hitch turned into an overpaid checker?

Carter? Carter has 25 SOG through 6 games, which projects to 219 SOG. a reasonable shooting % for Carter at 14%... would be 31 goals.

Richards? also on pace for 219 SOG through 6 games and a reasonable shooting % of 10% for him puts him at 22 goals, which is a good number for him i think.

Umberger? currently on pace for 164 SOG (playing with Carter is bad for your SOG) and he put up a 14% last year, we'll give him that... 23 goals.

Calder? on pace for 150 SOG and had a 14% the last couple of years... 21 goals.

you're right, they're REALLY stunted. the guys just need to perform... very similar to a team that simply isn't hitting in baseball.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 07:08 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Hitch has got to go. It's that simple. He's alienated people on this team and they've quit on him as a whole. Clarke needs to get Hitch out of there before any more damage is done to this team. And if anyone says who's better out there, I'd take Terry Murray right now. As well, I'd also hope that Clarke would consider bringing back Mike Keenan into the mix. He was the last real good coach this organization had.
Keenan loses the players in half the time Hitch does.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 07:24 AM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

I didn't read everything, what did Esche to deserves this?

TOPGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 07:25 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuJo#31 View Post
I didn't read everything, what did Esche to deserves this?

Called Hitch empty headed which I think is true.

Old
10-18-2006, 07:29 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
wow. :
You don't like it? Too ****ing bad. I just got a PM from one of your ******, fairweather fans calling me a hater. Guess how much I liked that one at 8:30 in the morning, while I'm getting my homework assignments online.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 08:12 AM
guinness
those were the days

Maybe the Sabres know how to get to under the Flyers' skin, can't be all Esche's fault, when a team get blown out like that, the finger-pointing should fall on everyone.

On a brighter note, it's only one game, and the regular season really doesn't mean a lot, as long as you can squeak in it seems, regular season stats have really done wonders for the Red Wings last couple of seasons.

guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth View Post
This was a god damn embarassment.

Carter, where were you earlier in the game? You should have been playing the body all god damn game, instead of waiting for the score to be out of ****ing reach with six goals. Gauthier? What a ****ing *****! Hatcher, Kane and Richards were the only ones willing to get their ****ing hands dirty the entire ****ing game.

I'm willing to rebuild after this. Dump off every ****ing piece of the puzzle and start from scratch. Hatcher was the only one earning his keep tonight, and that aint good. Here's what's ****ing wrong with our ****ing team.

Esche - The pantload made of a thousand holes.
Pitkanen - The disinterested Finn. Too talented to care.
Rathje - Rides the pine at .25 mph.
Meyer - Seidenberg v2.0
Jones - You ****ing POS. I hope you get lost in Buffalo.
Carter - What do you have aside from the wrist shot? I'm waiting...
Calder - What a waste. You belong in Chicago.
Nedved - DO YOU EVEN ****ING KNOW THE DEFINITION OF DEFENSE?
Gagne - Overpaid, watered down POS.
Knuble - You belong with Turner Stevenson, stonehands.
Kapanen - Over the hill midget.
Umberger - 6'3" *****.
Kane - Career minor leaguer that should have been hit with a car on the way to the stadium.
Sanderson - So old he falls asleep on the bench.
Baumgartner - See Kane.
Esche - I hate you so much right now that I'm going to cover you twice. You're not Hextall, you have no talent, and you were rejected by the Chicago Wolves, you sorry sack of ****. **** you.

I'm sorry, but this is one of the best posts I have ever read! Cheered up my day! I'd like on of these after every Flyers loss. It'd give me something to smile about at least.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 09:03 AM
hockeyprincess

That game was crazy.
Antero Niittymaki looked so pissed on the bench.

If it's any consolation to Robert Esche for letting in 9 goals, he got an assist on the only goal that Philly did score last night.

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Bagman

9-1 and Peters runs Forsberg and then mocks the bench and no one does a thing!!Would of loved to see that happen back in the day."40 years of fighting" lol now it's "40 Years of fighting and will piss on our legacy" Gotta love the "new nhl".

Bagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagman View Post
9-1 and Peters runs Forsberg and then mocks the bench and no one does a thing!!Would of loved to see that happen back in the day."40 years of fighting" lol now it's "40 Years of fighting and will piss on our legacy" Gotta love the "new nhl".
Thats not the new NHL, that's the Hitch NHL. Kane was benched for standing up to someone who boarded a Flyer.

Old
10-18-2006, 11:11 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1412
After the game last night, we were talking about shots on goal and how that stat can be meaningless. Check out this Flyers' box score from a 1979 loss in Atlanta. Shots: 48 Flyers-25 Flames. This was the game prior to the 35-game unbeaten streak. If not for a goal with 18 seconds left in the game, the Flyers would have lost 9-1 (just like the debacle last night). Phil Myre gave up all nine goals (just like Esche).

http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin...e.cgi?19790002

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post

I'm sorry, but this is one of the best posts I have ever read! Cheered up my day! I'd like on of these after every Flyers loss. It'd give me something to smile about at least.
Serious, Panasonic Youth's post needs to be stickied as "Must-Read Flyers Rant."

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 12:36 PM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth View Post
Why shouldn't I feel bad about this losss?

The Sabres are the team so cheap, so disconnected from the fans, so frail and pathetic that the NHL had to change for them to become any sort of good. Ruff isn't a good coach, Donahoe isn't a good owner and the entire market consists of fairweather part time football fans that don't know a flying **** about hockey. Buffalo is the **** stain of the NHL.

Philadelphia on the other hand has a tradition of battling, fighting, team work, determination and combining these things to overcome the odds. You may not like how they do business, but every one wished their team had 1/10 of the work ethic and comradory that team had. And now that this team is more skilled than it has been in the last ten to fifteen years, they are perfectly content with coasting on sheer talent, while hanging their teammates out to dry.

They should have been embarrassed to stardom at the end of last year's playoffs. They should be the cream of the crop, after being dominated like they were. Instead, they suck. They suck worse than suck. They belong in the AHL, and even then some teams might pass.

You .....must hate where you live!!!! maybe you should relocate. Liked the previous rant about your team. This rant has a few too many factual errors.

Have good day sir.

flyingpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
After the game last night, we were talking about shots on goal and how that stat can be meaningless. Check out this Flyers' box score from a 1979 loss in Atlanta. Shots: 48 Flyers-25 Flames. This was the game prior to the 35-game unbeaten streak. If not for a goal with 18 seconds left in the game, the Flyers would have lost 9-1 (just like the debacle last night). Phil Myre gave up all nine goals (just like Esche).

http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin...e.cgi?19790002
good sign!

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Makel

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpig View Post
You .....must hate where you live!!!! maybe you should relocate. Liked the previous rant about your team. This rant has a few too many factual errors.

Have good day sir.
Panasonic, I feel for you man. The teams with tradition and standard are struggling so that the teams who are about to relocate can survive.

Makel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 01:20 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported Upstater View Post
Serious, Panasonic Youth's post needs to be stickied as "Must-Read Flyers Rant."
Absolutely!

PY, that's one of the best rants I've ever read! Well done, and thanks for the laugh.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 01:24 PM
DeleteThisAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpig View Post

Have good day sir.
For the last time, that is NOT important.

I'm going to defend PY here: There is no need for facts. All you need is truthiness.

His post had truthiness. So stop whining.

DeleteThisAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 02:45 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
People say this team has a tradition of working hard...other than 1995 and 2004, I have yet to see this team work hard on a consistent basis for as long as I've been watching hockey.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
If it's any consolation to Robert Esche for letting in 9 goals, he got an assist on the only goal that Philly did score last night.
Thanks captain obvious. We can always count on you for insightful commentary.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Quote:
Wow, this GDT blows.

But seriously, where's LOTN?!
Trying to rid the flu and on occupational training (atleast i think that's the english word).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Lion said he wasn't going to do the legendary GDT's for every game - just for the divisional games and the odd other one. So the consensus is.... we suck at this!
I'm gonna be short on time in the coming weeks so as i've said earlier, feel free to post GDT's don't wait for me to do it.

Quote:
Who knows? Maybe the trimmed down, sleek style of this GDT will work to combat SABRESPEED!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzapie View Post
i will never EVER start a GDT again
Quote:
Thatta girl! Blame Lion - they've never played THIS bad when he starts the GDT!
Women...

Thank god i didn't stay up for this game, one of the few advantages of being in a different time zone.

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion of the North View Post
Trying to rid the flu and on occupational training (atleast i think that's the english word).
That sucks, get better soon bud!

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 04:47 PM
hockeyprincess

Quote:
Thanks captain obvious. We can always count on you for insightful commentary.
Blow away, Storm!

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 04:48 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Blow away, Storm!

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Quote:
Blow away, Storm!
I hope for your sake that you have not yet reached your 10th birthday.

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote