HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boychuk, Peverley, Koko package to EDM

Old
06-27-2013, 03:19 PM
agreen23

vCash: 500
Boychuk, Peverley, Koko package to EDM

There are rumors that Boychuk is the odd man out when it comes to cap compliance and the bruins will go with 3 youngsters on the back end in Hamilton, Krug and Bart.

Boychuk is a great stay at home Dman who steps up in the playoffs and has a bomb of a clapper. Won't be a great partner for J Schultz since they are both righties but he can play the tough minutes well in order to let Justin handle 2nd and 3rd lines rather than top lines. He is an absolute warrior and it will seriously pain me to see him go. I'd rather let Horton walk than trade away Johnny but it doesn't look like that's the plan.

Pevs can fill Horcoffs spot as 3C. Can provide speed, great defense and PKing and can give that locker room a vet presence. Both Johnny and Pevs have lots of cup experience which is invaluable.

Koko is a nice sweetener. He absolutely dominated the O after WJCs on a bad Windsor team. He was at about 1.8 PPG. He centered Yaks line for Russia this past year at WJC and played LW with kuznetsov and yak the year before. He hasn't turned 20 yet, not until Sept, and could probably benefit from a year in the A with 10-15 games with the big club.

What is this package worth to you?

agreen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:21 PM
GatoradeG*

Whitney+PRV+Pick

GatoradeG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:23 PM
BackhandToeyJoey

What are Boston's needs?

BackhandToeyJoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:25 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganORiellyFan View Post
Whitney+PRV+Pick
by pick you mean the 7th overall?

I think Hemsky @ 50% retained would be a good fit for BOS.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:25 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

I would love this package from an Oiler perspective. I have no idea what Boston wants or needs though.

Hemsky with salary retained?
Paajarvi?
Draft picks?

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:34 PM
agreen23

RW prospects/affordable contracts, D prospects, picks are the biggest needs. I'd love to get the 7th but probably can't. So something including the 37th.

And please no Whitney.

Old
06-27-2013, 03:37 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 168
7th, 37th and Belanger for Boychuk and Peverly, Koko

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Bobblehead

I'm assuming Boston wants no part of NHL salaries so they can resign Horton and Rask. Lander, Musil, 2nd rnd pick (2013) +

one of,
rajala? VV? 1st rnd pick (2014)? Hartikainen rights? Hemsky (salary retained)?

Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Akonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
by pick you mean the 7th overall?

I think Hemsky @ 50% retained would be a good fit for BOS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
I would love this package from an Oiler perspective. I have no idea what Boston wants or needs though.

Hemsky with salary retained?
Paajarvi?
Draft picks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreen23 View Post
RW prospects/affordable contracts, D prospects, picks are the biggest needs. I'd love to get the 7th but probably can't. So something including the 37th.

And please no Whitney.
I think assets like Hemsky @ 50%, second round picks, and D prospects like Musil or Gernat would be good talking points for a deal like this.

And dont worry, Whitney's a pending UFA.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Petro Points

Quote:

And please no Whitney.
Martin Gernat (Huge Slovak Dman with plenty of offense) + Hartikainen (good BOS kinda player)+ Hemsky @ 50% (Krejci connection) + 37th

Old
06-27-2013, 03:43 PM
JSC
Registered Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
Replace the 7th with Paajarvi, drop Belanger, drop Koko, and you got a deal. It's tough losing Paajarvi and he will come back to burn us but we need depth guys. None better than Boychuk and Peverly.

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Neatman

It's really hard to quantify a trade like that, especially since most Oiler fans probably havent had too much exposure to boston players/prospects.

Top 4D, #3C, and top 6C prospect? Id expect Boston would want 7th overall+ cheap depth roster player + top 4 D prospect (Marcinin maybe). If Im Edmonton, I dont do it, even though the trade fills quite a few needs for Edmonton.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:45 PM
bme44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonite View Post
I think assets like Hemsky @ 50%, second round picks, and D prospects like Musil or Gernat would be good talking points for a deal like this.

And dont worry, Whitney's a pending UFA.
not sure how many times it needs to be said but Hemsky is of NO intrest to Boston.

bme44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by bme44 View Post
not sure how many times it needs to be said but Hemsky is of NO intrest to Boston.
why not? You have a link stating that? Hemsky IMO would be a better fit than Jagr. Dont know about playoffs but Hemsky should help BOS during regular season creating plays.

Old
06-27-2013, 03:52 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
It's really hard to quantify a trade like that, especially since most Oiler fans probably havent had too much exposure to boston players/prospects.

Top 4D, #3C, and top 6C prospect? Id expect Boston would want 7th overall+ cheap depth roster player + top 4 D prospect (Marcinin maybe). If Im Edmonton, I dont do it, even though the trade fills quite a few needs for Edmonton.
BOS needs to clear salary and would not be asking for the 7th overall + a top prospect like Marincin.

Old
06-27-2013, 03:57 PM
Neatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
BOS needs to clear salary and would not be asking for the 7th overall + a top prospect like Marincin.
I think they would ask for it, but considering their need to clear salary it wouldnt happen. Just depends on how many suitors they have that will be willing to take on cap.

The biggest thing working against them is that every team sees Boston as a contender. IMO no team with a remote chance of playoffs would make a move that would benefit Boston, as to win a cup, it's pretty likely that team will have to go through Boston.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:57 PM
agreen23

I would say Hemsky isn't a great fit in Boston but we are seriously lacking NHL ready RWs so for 50% retained who knows. Probably wont happen, though.

I like MPaj but we are jam packed at LW with Looch, Marchy, fellow Swede Soderberg, and Paille who had an excellent POs.

I'm interested in your 3D prospects. Theyre all huge. Which of Musil, Marancin and Gernat have the most pop? Like tenacity and physical play.

I think we are excellent trading partners this offseason. You're about to turn the corner and need vet leadership and steady play to get you into the POs and we need to get younger and shed some money.

Old
06-27-2013, 03:59 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 168
Quote:
I'm interested in your 3D prospects. Theyre all huge. Which of Musil, Marancin and Gernat have the most pop? Like tenacity and physical play.
Musil.

Gernat is scrawny and offensive minded.

Marincin is rounding out his game right now and is probably the best of the three.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 04:00 PM
TooMuchMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
Might be an overpayment from the Oilers' perspective. Doubt the Bruins have interest in Belanger.

I don't believe the Bruins will try to move Boychuk unless they feel they absolutely have to. Until we hear how contract negotiations are going w/ Horton and Rask (besides rumors), it's difficult to place a number on how much salary the Bruins will have to clear.

Boychuk was one of the B's best defensemen this season - particularly in the playoffs. He showed he was capable of shouldering a significant load defensively. While he's no slouch in the attacking zone, his value comes from being a physically capable defense-first guy who can handle tough matchups. At best he's a borderline 2/3 guy. At worst he's a 3/4 with gusto. His contract (while it was initially laughed-off) is actually quite reasonable as a upper-middle paring guy.

While Boston's young defensemen proved themselves worthy of increased opportunities going forward, I'm not sure Chiarelli or Julien will be thrilled to head into camp with a top-six comprised of Chara, Seidenberg, McQuaid and three guys with a combined games played total of well under 100.

All that said, if Edmonton offered the 7th and 37th for Boychuk, Pevs and Koko - that's tremendous value. At worst, they'd be getting a guy like Lindholm, Monahan or Nurse who represent great value that late. At best, they'd get a fantastic faller (Nichushkin?) with ginormous upside. (Not to mention an early second-rounder in a very deep class).

Realistically, this won't happen. (IMO) Boston comes up short in value here. Koko's a good prospect but arguably not enough to turn the B's 3D and a 2nd/3rd-line tweener F into cap savings and a whack at an elite prospect.

And even if they did, it wouldn't be a super easy call for Boston as they'd be faced with even more organizational turnover than many expected following a long playoff run.

TooMuchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 04:02 PM
BruinsBtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bme44 View Post
I disagree. I'd think Hemsky would be great in Boston, especially if they can't keep Horton.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 04:03 PM
wintersej

Boston's needs are resigning the guys they have + making room for Hamilton/Bartkowski/Krug and Spooner. Boston is looking for the best futures possible. Probably not interested in a roster player. More of a picks/prospects kind of deal. Don't actually think the Bruins would be looking for the #7 pick. More like Hartikainen, Marincin, #37 pick, #56 pick.

Edit: Didn't realize Hartikainen had gone KHL. Musil in his place would be fine.

Last edited by wintersej: 06-27-2013 at 04:11 PM.
wintersej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 04:05 PM
wintersej

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsBtn View Post
I disagree. I'd think Hemsky would be great in Boston, especially if they can't keep Horton.
The whole point of dealing Boychuk is to safely have the $$$ for Horton.

wintersej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 04:06 PM
BruinsBtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintersej View Post
The whole point of dealing Boychuk is to safely have the $$$ for Horton.
Even with Horton, the Bruins need another RW.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

If the 2 Boston players did waive, I would think the Oilers would only be interested in Boychuk, because they are coveting Monohan.. this would have to wait until after sunday to see what they ended up with, after that Boycjuk would give a list of 15 teams, am I right?

In a perfect world, I would do both Oilers 2nd rounders this year with Arcobello and one of Fedun/Tuebert/Plante, for Boychuk, and G Prospect Michael Hutchinson.

Steve BachIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 04:09 PM
gqmixmaster

vCash: 50
who is koko? im not following

gqmixmaster is offline   Reply With Quote