HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Henrik Lundqvist; will he stay or go?

Old
06-26-2013, 09:48 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
The Bruins have some leverage with Rask. It doesn't help his cause that he imploded in the final seconds of game 6. It wouldn't shock me if he only get's a 3-4 deal at $5 million py.

As far as Lundqvist goes, i've said it before I will say it again if he is going to want a max deal or even somthing close to a max deal than Sather has to deal him. It wouldn't be the first time Sather has traded away a star play (Gretzky anyone). One player can not handcuff the franchise for years to come in a cap era & expect to have a winning team built around him & expect to compete for a Cup every year.
Rask imploded? Completely disagree with that analysis. A puck was centered in front after the Bruins couldn't get it out of their own zone on the first one. They were on their heels on the second goal, a deflection off of the post and a defenseman was beaten to the puck/had bad positioning. What about that was "imploding"?

With respect to Gretzky, depending on who you ask, that decision was above his head and Edmonton ownership pulled the trigger and needed the funds.

Either way, more importantly, I agree with Brooklyn Ranger. A deal will get done. Will be max in years and for a little more money than some people on here are comfortable with but it will get done.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:51 AM
Jersey Girl

Sather? Overpay for a UFA? I'll believe THAT when I see it!

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:40 PM
nevesis

“@TSNBobMcKenzie: NYR and reps for franchise goalie Henrik Lundqvist will commence contract extension negotiations tonight in NYC.”

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:44 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Sather? Overpay for a UFA? I'll believe THAT when I see it!
sarcasm?

great report Nevesis

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:44 PM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Great news. Hopefully we'll receive more frequent updates in regards to negotiations.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 02:18 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
sarcasm?

great report Nevesis
JG would never be sarcastic.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

It'll be interesting. $1.5M less is in the question of what he could get with hard bargaining. 1.5M can and will make a difference cap flexibility wise

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
@TSNBobMcKenzie: NYR and reps for franchise goalie Henrik Lundqvist will commence contract extension negotiations tonight in NYC.
I hope he has a soul.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
It'll be interesting. $1.5M less is in the question of what he could get with hard bargaining. 1.5M can and will make a difference cap flexibility wise
Where does the $1.5 million number come from? I don't remember seeing that.

Old
06-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
@TSNBobMcKenzie: NYR and reps for franchise goalie Henrik Lundqvist will commence contract extension negotiations tonight in NYC.
Well here we go. I like that they are starting now. If Hanks agent demands too much up front with no movement don't be surprised if Lundqvist get's traded at the draft & we wind up with Louongo.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Well here we go. I like that they are starting now. If Hanks agent demands too much up front with no movement don't be surprised if Lundqvist get's traded at the draft & we wind up with Louongo.
I hope not. Picking up Luongo's contract would be insanity.

Or do you mean if Vancouver amnesties him?

Old
06-27-2013, 03:30 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
I hope not. Picking up Luongo's contract would be insanity.

Or do you mean if Vancouver amnesties him?
Could be either or.

Old
06-27-2013, 03:32 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Could be either or.
Without a Vancouver buyout, no way we pick up Luongo's contract. Even Sather isn't that stupid.

Old
06-27-2013, 03:55 PM
NikC

wow. a lot riding on the table here....

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 04:13 PM
park rangers
Optimist

Don't nickle and dime Hank. Give him a nice deal and be done with it. Best goalie in the league will likely asked to be paid as just that.

park rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 04:24 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Yeah, if he asks for too much today, June 27, he'll be traded at the draft on June 30. lol

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 04:37 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Where does the $1.5 million number come from? I don't remember seeing that.
just an arbitrary number really. I mean, he could take X+1.5M if he really negotiated for it or he could just take X assuming X is $7.5-8.0

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:51 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Lundqvist deserves every penny he'll get, but one has to wonder in the landscape of the NHL cap world, whats best for the team and if Henrik is taking that into consideration. I would not begrudge the guy for getting everything he can, but i wouldnt be surprised if he is fair and leaves the Rangers with some wiggle room to sign an extra depth player or have enough to keep the right guys in front of him.

That would be a huge stand-up, classy move, one that the Rangers should never forget if he does, and more importantly if they find a way to win. But that remains to be seen. I think Henrik is such a competitor and wants to win so badly, this has to enter into his mind. I dont want the Rangers to insult him, but I'm hoping he wont get a Malkin type cap-killing deal either.

We'll see what happens I guess.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:45 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Wow just hearing the news, but aren't we all jumping the proverbial gun on any scenario leading to CigarBoy dealing one of the most beloved players (which I believe is and will be his legacy) in team history? If he wins a Cup, here, he'll go down as one of the best players this city has ever had, in ANY sport. I truly believe that.

I foresee a deal getting done. Trading Henke for any reason seems unfathomable. The King wants a Cup more than anything, and he loves this city. He's not the kinda player to make unreasonable demands....at least I don't think...

We shall see...

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
Wow just hearing the news, but aren't we all jumping the proverbial gun on any scenario leading to CigarBoy dealing one of the most beloved players (which I believe is and will be his legacy) in team history? If he wins a Cup, here, he'll go down as one of the best players this city has ever had, in ANY sport. I truly believe that.

I foresee a deal getting done. Trading Henke for any reason seems unfathomable. The King wants a Cup more than anything, and he loves this city. He's not the kinda player to make unreasonable demands....at least I don't think...

We shall see...
well if there is one good to come out of it, no way sather keeps his job if lundqvist leaves. Just no way.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:01 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Lundqvist deserves every penny he'll get, but one has to wonder in the landscape of the NHL cap world, whats best for the team and if Henrik is taking that into consideration. I would not begrudge the guy for getting everything he can, but i wouldnt be surprised if he is fair and leaves the Rangers with some wiggle room to sign an extra depth player or have enough to keep the right guys in front of him.

That would be a huge stand-up, classy move, one that the Rangers should never forget if he does, and more importantly if they find a way to win. But that remains to be seen. I think Henrik is such a competitor and wants to win so badly, this has to enter into his mind. I dont want the Rangers to insult him, but I'm hoping he wont get a Malkin type cap-killing deal either.

We'll see what happens I guess.
He's going to get a raise. How much of a raise remains to be seen. I think we'll see a deal in the range of 7.5-8.5 per. 7.5 is fair for a player of Hank's caliber with a deal starting at 32.

If Lundqvist wants to win as badly as we think, he'll be reasonable on this deal. 8 more years as a Ranger to cement his legacy in NY with 17 years and a chance to win a Cup and finish what he started will hopefully be enough to give NYR a bit of a discount.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:07 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
He's going to get a raise. How much of a raise remains to be seen. I think we'll see a deal in the range of 7.5-8.5 per. 7.5 is fair for a player of Hank's caliber with a deal starting at 32.

If Lundqvist wants to win as badly as we think, he'll be reasonable on this deal. 8 more years as a Ranger to cement his legacy in NY with 17 years and a chance to win a Cup and finish what he started will hopefully be enough to give NYR a bit of a discount.
Not sure he'll get much of a raise...his cap hit is 6.875M now. Perhaps he'll get a bump up to 7M...but for the max of 8 years. Don't really see them going much more than that...perhaps 7.25M, 7.5M max. Again, he's still got a year left on his current deal...an 8 year contract worth 60M is pretty rich for a 32 year old.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:55 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, if he asks for too much today, June 27, he'll be traded at the draft on June 30. lol
The decsion to fire Torts was supposedly made in a 3 day time period. Things could get done really quickly if Lundqvist want's every last dollar he can get in what would be his final big NHL pay day.

I don't want him to leave the team, I could see it happening.

Old
06-27-2013, 10:07 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Not sure he'll get much of a raise...his cap hit is 6.875M now. Perhaps he'll get a bump up to 7M...but for the max of 8 years. Don't really see them going much more than that...perhaps 7.25M, 7.5M max. Again, he's still got a year left on his current deal...an 8 year contract worth 60M is pretty rich for a 32 year old.
I'd be shocked if he asked for less than 8.5 initially. I think they'll settle above 7.5 and maybe a bit below 8. Realistically, Lundqvist should be the highest paid player on the team, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets more than Nash. Regardless of Nash being 25 when his deal was signed and Lundqvist 32, and position players making more than goalies, it wouldn't be a major surprise if Hank wants 8.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Lol maybe when Hank leaves and we get Lolongo or someone else on a whole different tier, people will really see how much worse our skaters look without Hank saving their butts every night.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote