HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boychuk, Peverley, Koko package to EDM

Old
06-27-2013, 03:10 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonite View Post
I think assets like Hemsky @ 50%, second round picks, and D prospects like Musil or Gernat would be good talking points for a deal like this.

And dont worry, Whitney's a pending UFA.
Yeah, I don't. Boychuk plays on our top pairing in the regular season, Khok is one of our top prospects.

Peverley can go for something not valuable though.

I don't know anything about those defensemen prospects to comment.

Boychuk could equal Hemsky @ 50%... but why would we even want him? He'll get hurt so fast...

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Boychuck/Koko are staying... no reason to move

How about a 2nd for Pevs?? (will take one from this or next year)

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:14 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 50
What would it take to pry Boychuk from your cold dead fingers?

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:18 PM
BadBruins

I really have a hard time seeing the Bruins moving Boychuk. He's been a consistent 20-22 minute a night defenseman for the past 3-4 years. Always steps up in the playoffs. Good value at 3.3 million.

The Bruins have other dump candidates if they have to clear salary, which is why I think it'd have to be something enticing coming back the other way (although probably not a 7th overall type asset).

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:19 PM
TooMuchMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapshotSuperstar View Post
In a perfect world, I would do both Oilers 2nd rounders this year with Arcobello and one of Fedun/Tuebert/Plante, for Boychuk, and G Prospect Michael Hutchinson.
Boychuk for 2 2nds, an undersized [if productive] ahl forward and a C-level defensive prospect? Doubt very much that gets it done

TooMuchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Akonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Yeah, I don't. Boychuk plays on our top pairing in the regular season, Khok is one of our top prospects.

Peverley can go for something not valuable though.

I don't know anything about those defensemen prospects to comment.

Boychuk could equal Hemsky @ 50%... but why would we even want him? He'll get hurt so fast...
The OP talked about Khoklachev but to be honest i dont think the Oilers would have much interest and i forgot he was a part of the proposal . Not a knock on him, but hes not the type of player were really looking for.

Hemsky at 2.5M is a pretty good deal IMO... and if we were to take on Peverley and Boychuk we'd need to at least send a little money back to Boston.

Akonite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:21 PM
agreen23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Boychuck/Koko are staying... no reason to move

How about a 2nd for Pevs?? (will take one from this or next year)
You don't know this. If we want to sign Horton, which many believe we do, either Kelly or Boychuk is the odd man out. Very knowledgeable Bs posters like DKH and OOG believe its Boychuk. The team loves Kelly for whatever reason. If it were up to me I'd let Horton walk before trading Johnny Rocket but it is not up to me.

Boychuk and Pevs for Marancin and 2 2nds?

I would love to do Boychuk, Pevs and Koko for 7th and the later of the two seconds but I assume you want to hold that 7th.

agreen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:23 PM
PAZ

Bruins have no one to replace Boychuk at this moment, I don't see him going anywhere. Hamilton will eventually, but if Bruins want to stay a contender losing Boychuk would be a huge blow.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:29 PM
agreen23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Bruins have no one to replace Boychuk at this moment, I don't see him going anywhere. Hamilton will eventually, but if Bruins want to stay a contender losing Boychuk would be a huge blow.
Chara-Hamilton
Bartkowski-Seids
Krug-Mcquaid

Bart played 22 minutes a game in the latter games of the Leaf series and 5 Ranger games.

AGAIN, I'm not advocating for moving Boychuk. I would let Horton walk or trade Kelly before trading Johnny. But some very knowledgeable and in the know Bruins posters think that Johnny is the odd man out. We are in cap trouble. Two of Horton, Boychuk, Kelly and Pevs have to go. Pevs is surely gone, so that leaves one more of the 3.

If Horton walks we get no assets back and we have zero right wing depth. If Johnny walks we have three young guys in our top 6. If Kelly walks, I think we'd fill best with Spooner/Soderberg but the organization loves his PK ability, defense and locker room presence. Also, he has a full NTC.

Old
06-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqmixmaster View Post
who is koko? im not following
Khokhlachev.. BOS's 2011 2nd rounder

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mand THW View Post
Boychuk for 2 2nds, an undersized [if productive] ahl forward and a C-level defensive prospect? Doubt very much that gets it done
If Boston wants to dump salary they wont necessarily get market value for him from his teams of choice. Sure he is worth quite a bit but look at what Chicago got for Byfuglien..

Arcobello is our highest scoring forward prospect currently and at 5'9 165 and shoots right. Brad Marchand is undersized at 5'9 and 180 lbs.. so being undersized doesn't say much.. You probably don't want 2 shorties on your team but not being able to take on salary poses an issue in that aspect.

You could have the rights to Harti and Omark if you like as a toss in, and maybe throw in a 3rd next year? If that is still not enough I don't know what you want, Davidson or Rajala? the oilers are not ready to part ways with Klefbom, Musil or Marincin at this point, and the Bruins are not ready to take on any roster players salary, unless you want Potter at 750k.

Steve BachIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Bobblehead

Quote:
If the 2 Boston players did waive, I would think the Oilers would only be interested in Boychuk, because they are coveting Monohan.. this would have to wait until after sunday to see what they ended up with, after that Boycjuk would give a list of 15 teams, am I right?

In a perfect world, I would do both Oilers 2nd rounders this year with Arcobello and one of Fedun/Tuebert/Plante, for Boychuk, and G Prospect Michael Hutchinson.
Monahan won't play next season. So we still need help at center and Peverly is perfect.

Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:42 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
If Boston wants to dump salary they wont necessarily get market value for him from his teams of choice. Sure he is worth quite a bit but look at what Chicago got for Byfuglien..

Arcobello is our highest scoring forward prospect currently and at 5'9 165 and shoots right. Brad Marchand is undersized at 5'9 and 180 lbs.. so being undersized doesn't say much.. You probably don't want 2 shorties on your team but not being able to take on salary poses an issue in that aspect.

You could have the rights to Harti and Omark if you like as a toss in, and maybe throw in a 3rd next year? If that is still not enough I don't know what you want, Davidson or Rajala? the oilers are not ready to part ways with Klefbom, Musil or Marincin at this point, and the Bruins are not ready to take on any roster players salary, unless you want Potter at 750k.
Boychuk isn't going to be gotten rid of cheaply. He'll get his trade value back. The Bruins have two buyouts for Kelly/Peverley if they get desperate. I want kelly long gone anyways.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:56 PM
TooMuchMan

Quote:

Wouldn't suggest Klefbom. EDM is probably more likely to move the 7th than him.

The Bruins prospect depth is absolutely LITTERED with sub-6' forwards of note (in fact, the top five Bruins F-prospects are 5'11 and under: Knight 5'11, Spooner 5'10, Camper 5'9, Griffith 5'9, Khokhlachev 5'10) - and since all will be in Providence (or on the shuttle-bus up I-95) they really don't want add another undersized F. They even have C. Bourque down there... another shorty. Arcobello has less value to the B's as a result, IMO.

I recognize that the B's are in a bind - but trading Boychuk for well below market value (at least, in my opinion) would be a significant mistake. I don't see thirds and rights to Omark and the like making up the difference.

Ideally, moving Peverley would be enough to solve the B's cap conundrum. If Rask is signed for 5.5 annually, the B's can sign Horton for about the same. Moving a second player isn't absolutely necessary.

TooMuchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:57 PM
agreen23

Quote:

I wouldn't look at Boychuk as a cap dump. Yes it will free up some space for the Bs but if we shop him, I guarantee a lot of teams will be interested. A 29 year old physical defenseman who can eat 25 HARD minutes a game for the next two years at 3.2M. Unbelievable contract, hell of a playoff, bomb of a clapper. Oh, he'll have suitors and teams know that so Bs say not a chance to your lowball offer.

And don't give me that you don't wanna give up on Musil. With any luck he'll be Boychuk. He didnt have the offense in juniors so it sure wont come in the N. Marancin does have more upside but who knows if he'll ever pan out and ever be better than Boychuk. He did however have a great 1st year in the A. Did he get to play PP with Schultz the first half of the season?

Old
06-27-2013, 04:04 PM
NeutralZone

For that package Edmonton would certainly give up a good quantity of picks and prospects. I think a second this year plus one of Marancin/Gernat/Musil would be a good core. I'd be happy to add to that. Possibilities are Hemsky with salary retained, more draft picks, the rights to Harti (in KHL), Lander perhaps. I'd prefer to keep MPS since I'd see him playing with Peverly on the 3rd line.

NeutralZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Numbah4

I'm not sure if Boston will deal Boychuk or not. But, you're not going to get him unless you take Peverley with him. You can't say we'll take Boychuk and give Boston less. It's what do you give up for both. Doesn't make sense for Boston to just trade Boychuk whom is not overpaid at all. I don't watch enough of Edmonton to give an educated guess. So, I'll trust the Oilers fans opinions on their prospects.

What kind of contract would Paajarvi be looking for? With Savard's LTIR and dealing Boychuk/Peverley, the Bruins would have about 16.6m to spend. 7m for Rask and Svedberg. 5m for Horton. Have 4.6m for Paajarvi, 7th, def and 13th forward. Paajarvi sounds like he'd be good on our 3rd line with Soderberg and Kelly. Eventually, Spooner replacing Kelly.

Numbah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 04:07 PM
Baddkarma
El Guapo to most...

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Johnny Game's price is way high right now and with the Bruins dropping Ference there is no way I would trade 55 as well. In terms of least likely to be traded defenseman...

1. Chara
2. Hamilton
3. Boychuk
4. Sidenberg
5. Krug
6. McQuaid
7. Bart

If EDM wanted to pry him away I'm sure it could be done, but Chia is gonna set the bar very high. I think they would have better luck asking about Sidenberg...

06-27-2013, 04:26 PM
hockeyjack89
R.I.P. Thrashers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqmixmaster View Post
who is koko? im not following
Alexander Kokolechev (Probably spelled it wrong)

hockeyjack89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 04:29 PM
hockeyjack89
R.I.P. Thrashers

Ales Hemsky (Half of salary retained by Edmonton)
Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson
Anton Belov
Rights to Ryan Whitney

Johnny Boychuk
Rich Peverley
Koko

hockeyjack89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 04:53 PM
LeHabsMan

To Boston:
Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson
David Musil
37th overall pick

To Edmonton:
Johny Boychuk
Rich Peverley

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 04:55 PM
N o o d l e s

A fair deal would be 37th + Marincin for Peverley + Boychuk.

If we are adding in Khokhlachev I expect the price to go up even further.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 05:10 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
A fair deal would be 37th + Marincin for Peverley + Boychuk.

If we are adding in Khokhlachev I expect the price to go up even further.
I'd do that deal. No need to add Khokhlachev. We don't really need another smaller skilled C, he's of more use to you guys.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Yeti34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Replace the 7th with Paajarvi, drop Belanger, drop Koko, and you got a deal. It's tough losing Paajarvi and he will come back to burn us but we need depth guys. None better than Boychuk and Peverly.
Drop Boychuck and you've got a deal.

Boychuck was our best dman during the playoffs no thanks on trading him for last place edm scrapbeap players.

Yeti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 05:16 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
I'd do that deal. No need to add Khokhlachev. We don't really need another smaller skilled C, he's of more use to you guys.
Ya, but I'm pretty sure he is going to be playing wing in the NHL. At least if that's in Boston. Idk if he can leapfrog Krejci, Bergeron, Soderberg, Kelly, Campbell, Spooner and an outside chance of Seguin to play center for this team.

In a few years I can see Koko / Spooner / Knight as a line in Boston.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote