HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Gillis Transaction History

Old
06-27-2013, 05:01 PM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Yup - good thing Raymond was so useful...
My point is that I wouldn't take Grabner at 3.5M when we effectively had two of him for the same price. Isles gave him that contract after his one good year.

Plus, I think Hansen is better.

thepuckmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 05:19 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
3.5AAV is tragic for a player like Grabner. We had two Grabners (Raymond and Hansen) this season making 650K more combined. So yeah.
He had 16 goals in 45 games this year.

Hansen will never get you 34 goals.

LolClarkson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 05:24 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
My point is that I wouldn't take Grabner at 3.5M when we effectively had two of him for the same price. Isles gave him that contract after his one good year.

Did Hansen get hatricks in his first NHL call up games ?

Is Hansen an All Star ?

Is Hansen the fastest skater in the world ?

There is no way that Hansen is better. Not by any measure.

Grabner is better then Kassian.

LolClarkson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 05:48 PM
King of the ES*

Quote:

Hansen better than Grabner? No freaking way. Scoring goals is a lot more impactful than "being a solid two-way player", sorry.

Maybe even most important is the fact that Grabner seems to legitimately love playing the game. He plays with a lot of emotion. Hansen's just another robot on this team that often looks like they were produced on an assembly line.

King of the ES* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 05:50 PM
topheavyhookjaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the ES View Post
Hansen better than Grabner? No freaking way. Scoring goals is a lot more impactful than "being a solid two-way player", sorry.

Maybe even most important is the fact that Grabner seems to legitimately love playing the game. He plays with a lot of emotion. Hansen's just another robot on this team that often looks like they were produced on an assembly line.
Team would be so much better if they shouted more. Or breathed harder. Or smiled more.

topheavyhookjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 05:58 PM
Linden*
[hello] :)

Quote:

Sometimes I wonder if you actually watch the team play, or just make these statements up. Hansen is far from a "robot" on the ice.

Is it because he isn't a good Canadian kid?

Linden* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:16 PM
King of the ES*

Quote:
Originally Posted by topheavyhookjaw View Post
Team would be so much better if they shouted more. Or breathed harder. Or smiled more.
You're right. How absurd of me to suggest that this team might not be perfect the way they're set up.

After all, they've won how many NW division championships consecutively? 5?

King of the ES* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Verviticus

this thread owned when it was up to date

Verviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:45 PM
MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
He had 16 goals in 45 games this year.

Hansen will never get you 34 goals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
Did Hansen get hatricks in his first NHL call up games ?

Is Hansen an All Star ?

Is Hansen the fastest skater in the world ?

There is no way that Hansen is better. Not by any measure.

Grabner is better then Kassian.
Quote:

Really? Grabner is better than Hansen now? This is getting ridiculous.

Hansen scores more points than Grabner while at the same time being much more physical, much better defensively, and being one of the top 5 forecheckers in the NHL. He also has a substantially smaller cap hit.

Hansen is an elite 3rd line player on 30 out of 30 NHL teams. Grabner is a guy who doesn't even seem to have a set role on his own middling team.

_________

It sucks we had to trade Grabner. But it wasn't like we gave him away, and at the time the deal made sense.

And losing some young players you don't have room for is the price you pay for being a good team. There just isn't room for everyone when you've got loads of depth, and this happens to every good team through their Cup-contending window. At a time where Raymond was a 25-goal scorer who had great chemistry with Kesler and Hansen was developing into a key cog, we just didn't have room for 3 slightly smallish speedy wingers at the same time. And Grabner was the logical one to be moved - he'd proven the least, was the most inconsistent, and had the most question marks. At the time we got good value for him. The fact that Ballard went into the toilet is a separate issue entirely, as is the major error in not getting rid of him in 2011 when it was obvious he wasn't a fit here.

MS is online now   Reply With Quote