HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Nashville Predators @ New York Rangers 10-18-06 6pm CDT

Old
10-18-2006, 08:41 PM
LongTooth

vCash: 250
Vokoun was very sharp tonight. The whole team looked very good. Nice hustle win!

LongTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 08:41 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

vCash: 500
Wow, that was vintage Vokoun at his best!
A solid team effort is what we just saw. Arnott seems to be settling in nicely.
D played solid and minimized breakdowns.
This is more what I expected so maybe the team is finding itself now. WAHOO!

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Olaf

Kudos tonight to Scott Nichol, he was great on the PK ...was skating and hitting hard, not to mention the highlight reel goal and an assist. That was the best I have ever seen him play...
Sully had all sorts of chances tonight, when he had time to be patient he wasnt ....odd..
Hamhuis with some sweet hits.

And Vokoun,,

Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 09:11 PM
PredDave

What a great game! Whew! The score is not indicative of how close it actually was... if the Rangers hadn't fanned on some of their opportunities on the 5 on 3, it could have ended differently.

But, all that matters is the 2pts we earned....

On to New Jersey!!!!!!

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 09:46 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

I can't wait to hear how AusPredsFan enjoyed the game, as well as MSG.

And Vokoun with a shutout, woot

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 10:00 PM
PredDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
I can't wait to hear how AusPredsFan enjoyed the game, as well as MSG.

And Vokoun with a shutout, woot
I'm anxious to hear how many Preds jerseys were in the crowd....

Anyone know if it was a sellout or even close to it?

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 10:17 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave View Post
I'm anxious to hear how many Preds jerseys were in the crowd....

Anyone know if it was a sellout or even close to it?
NHL.com lists 18,200 at the game, however if that's a sellout I'm not sure (dunno how many fit into MSG).

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2006, 10:58 PM
nashtrash25

We're coming together. This is what I expected. Vokoun was rusty the first couple games and our D was running around...Bad combo. But I'm glad nobody hit the panic button because it was only a matter of time before we got rolling.

nashtrash25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 12:01 AM
Jarnberg

I only got a chance to watch half of the third period. 3-0 victory is a great result for the Predators. Lets carry this momentum. Vokoun looked pretty solid from what I saw and judging by the scoresheet he looks to be regaining his form.

Last 3 games, 2 goals allowed. Defense + Vokoun improving == wins.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 12:49 AM
excape

Anyone know if Vokoun will play tomorrow?

excape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 01:33 AM
JussiM

Neat! And Vokoun with a shutout and the first star on NHL.com.

JussiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
NHL.com lists 18,200 at the game, however if that's a sellout I'm not sure (dunno how many fit into MSG).
Yeah, that's a sellout at MSG. I didn't see the game last night because I was travelling to Chicago (where I will miss the Preds/Canucks game Saturday, but get to see the Hawks/Blues game instead), but I'm guessing there were a lot of empty seats due to the Mets/Cards Game 6 at Shea.

Great to see both of my teams (Preds and Mets) win last night! Now let's duplicate the feat tonight and really get things going in the right direction!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 09:09 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Hey guys,

18200 is a sellout. But in the last two seasons, it was probably the least attended game that I have attended and I havnt missed many. Blame that on the NY Mets.

As far as Preds jerseys - there were a few. I would call it lightly scattered. And it may have even seemed like less b/c there wasnt much noise when the Preds scored. Which means A) there werent many or B) they are civilized. I am going to lean towards B.

Dont know if there was any mention of this, but Scott Hartnell got hit in the face with a puck during warmups. I like to sit on the visitors side during pre game to get a closer look at the opposition. It was right at the end when they do a "tip-in" drill. 10 preds in front of the goalie and they try to knock it in.

It was a wrister (from Tootoo, it think) that kind of weaved through traffic and hit Hartnell as he was standing behind the redline. He went right down to the ice. The players stopped and kind of looked at each other with an "oh poop" look on their face.

Erat was the first to check on him. Erat had a weird look on his face, like a roll of the eyes: something between "uh-oh" and "get up, dont be a baby".

When he got up I am sure Erat was thinking more uh-oh b/c it looked like Hartnell had 5 packs of katchup in his mouth. He skated over to the bench, got a towel, then skated in the lockerroom.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 09:26 AM
handtrick

It is amazing what a stellar goaltending performance, an awesome PK, and alot of hustle and forecheck can do to frustrate the opposing team and cover up major problems.

If the above hadn't occured, the multiple penalties putting us in an unacceptable three 5 on 3 situations and the lackasical, pathetic effort by our 1st PP unit would have created a firestorm of criticism on these boards, and presumably the coaching staff.

Giving up three 5 on 3s reminds me of our big problem last year.....stupid penalties.

The first PP unit is predictable and has no urgency....and it takes 12 seconds of PP from Upshall and Smithson, no less, to create our only PP score.....that is sad.

It is amazing how the outcome of the game shades our view of what occured in the game.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 09:43 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
It is amazing what a stellar goaltending performance, an awesome PK, and alot of hustle and forecheck can do to frustrate the opposing team and cover up major problems.

If the above hadn't occured, the multiple penalties putting us in an unacceptable three 5 on 3 situations and the lackasical, pathetic effort by our 1st PP unit would have created a firestorm of criticism on these boards, and presumably the coaching staff.

Giving up three 5 on 3s reminds me of our big problem last year.....stupid penalties.

The first PP unit is predictable and has no urgency....and it takes 12 seconds of PP from Upshall and Smithson, no less, to create our only PP score.....that is sad.

It is amazing how the outcome of the game shades our view of what occured in the game.
I missed Hamhuis penalty in the first but the Smithson penalty wasn't a bad penalty to take, you have to hit that guy in front to prevent the tap in goal, I know the play didn't end up working anyway but IMHO Smithson made the right play, maybe not the sleuth footing him but getting a body on him, in that situation, is the right play.

With UPshall's penalty, I'm not going to be too hard on him, you know he didn't mean to lift the puck that high.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Don't forget Nichol's contribution on the goal by going to the front of the net, causing havoc, and opening up the high slot for Smithson to get that shot off.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Hey guys,

18200 is a sellout. But in the last two seasons, it was probably the least attended game that I have attended and I havnt missed many. Blame that on the NY Mets.

As far as Preds jerseys - there were a few. I would call it lightly scattered. And it may have even seemed like less b/c there wasnt much noise when the Preds scored. Which means A) there werent many or B) they are civilized. I am going to lean towards B.

Dont know if there was any mention of this, but Scott Hartnell got hit in the face with a puck during warmups. I like to sit on the visitors side during pre game to get a closer look at the opposition. It was right at the end when they do a "tip-in" drill. 10 preds in front of the goalie and they try to knock it in.

It was a wrister (from Tootoo, it think) that kind of weaved through traffic and hit Hartnell as he was standing behind the redline. He went right down to the ice. The players stopped and kind of looked at each other with an "oh poop" look on their face.

Erat was the first to check on him. Erat had a weird look on his face, like a roll of the eyes: something between "uh-oh" and "get up, dont be a baby".

When he got up I am sure Erat was thinking more uh-oh b/c it looked like Hartnell had 5 packs of katchup in his mouth. He skated over to the bench, got a towel, then skated in the lockerroom.
Thanks for filling us on this I'm glad Hartnell is ok.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:20 AM
tors10

hey guys. congratulations on the win! what were your lines and d-pairings last night? i want to replay the game on my xbox. thanks!

tors10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tors10 View Post
hey guys. congratulations on the win! what were your lines and d-pairings last night? i want to replay the game on my xbox. thanks!
http://www.predzone.com/article.php?id=180 <- the lines in that article should work just fine

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Cooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tors10 View Post
Yeah...if you want to try and get into Barry's head and figure out lines...good luck.

Basically, he just throws three random guys out there and sees what happens. But yeah, eventually, the lines get back to those in the article above.

Let's put it this way, the starting line was Tootoo/Arnott/Kariya. How's that for odd at this point?

Cooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 11:28 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
this game was all about positioning.

Vokouns positioning was excellent.

The D positioning was excellent, no lanes on the PP, breaking up passes even strength, etc.

And the forwards were rarely caught out of position.

The team played like a well oiled machine as a whole.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote