HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Messier leaves Rangers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2013, 06:16 PM
  #126
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckrush View Post
A bounce here and there and history looks a lot different.
That should be the slogan of the team.

Catchy. Its also complete BS. 1 cup in 73 years. 27 of which occurred in a league with 6 teams! 6!!!

Thats a ton of bad bounces

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:20 PM
  #127
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
That should be the slogan of the team.

Catchy. Its also complete BS. 1 cup in 73 years. 27 of which occurred in a league with 6 teams! 6!!!

Thats a ton of bad bounces
Guess we would be better at a game of horseshoes!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:24 PM
  #128
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
What sour grapes. His position with NYR is so challenging and time consuming that he has to relinquish his responsibilities to "develop the Kingsbridge National Ice Center." Grow up.
you couldn't find yourself a coaching job Mess?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:28 PM
  #129
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title
 
bettercallstaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wingdale
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,865
vCash: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
Thank god he's gone. I don't want him to become the next GM just because he's Mark Messier. I wish him well with the Bronx Armory thing.
I think pretty much everyone is in agreement that we want Gorton to be our next G.M. . Perhaps this is for the best because it will just make things less complicating when that time comes. You would think that it would be fairly soon.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:32 PM
  #130
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedwrister17 View Post
I think pretty much everyone is in agreement that we want Gorton to be our next G.M. . Perhaps this is for the best because it will just make things less complicating when that time comes. You would think that it would be fairly soon.
Yep because if Messier were still here when "the teflon gm" retires and he didn't get that job as well, he would need 2 boxes of kleenex!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:32 PM
  #131
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,657
vCash: 500
He's hockey royalty, but I wasn't a fan of grooming him based on name alone. I thought he wanted to be closer to home with his young kids. Then he showed up in the coaching race. Sorry Mark, no time for on the job training. Go somewhere else and gain that experience and maybe we'll talk.

And I have nothing against him leaving now, maybe he's realizing he'll get a better shot outside NY first.

I never met Mess. Met Graves and other Rangers, always good experiences. I met Dave Maloney and George Mcphee in 1987. Dave was retired, George was injured(no shock) sitting in the stands few rows away from one another. Both signed my yearbook but were not happy about it. Can't blame them, they were there to watch the game.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:33 PM
  #132
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
you couldn't find yourself a coaching job Mess?
I honestly think he had no intention of moving his family out of the NYC area.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:33 PM
  #133
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,686
vCash: 2680
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedwrister17 View Post
I think pretty much everyone is in agreement that we want Gorton to be our next G.M. . Perhaps this is for the best because it will just make things less complicating when that time comes. You would think that it would be fairly soon.
Exactly. This is why I'm happy he's gone. This will make the eventual stepping down of Sather much easier. Gorton will now probably be announced as the next GM in the same press conference as Sather's resigning instead of having a whole big spiel on who the next GM is.

__________________
Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:44 PM
  #134
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I honestly think he had no intention of moving his family out of the NYC area.
I honestly think he had no intention of earning the NYR coaching job.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:47 PM
  #135
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,860
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Love the stuff posted Puck. I agree. The guys have to gear up and goooo!

Anyway,In repsonse to Jonathan., Kovalchuk was the worst I met. Just didn't want anything to do with the fans.

Girardi was the best. Got a handshake and talked about hockey and life. Boyle is a cool dude too.
As much as I dislike Phil Simms, he is one of the best.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:48 PM
  #136
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,026
vCash: 500
not willing to pay his dues. what an ego.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:00 PM
  #137
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
You currently have a job in Department A. You suddenly apply and interview for a higher level position in Department B. You don't get said job and quit your existing position to pursue something completely unrelated to either A or B. Pretty strong indication that you didn't have passion for A or B in the first place.


Last edited by Crease: 06-27-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:07 PM
  #138
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,890
vCash: 500
Lets not forget, that he's essentially quitting his job with the Rangers so he's forfeiting whatever he was being paid (im pretty sure he could afford it, but still). Knowing Dolan and how he throws around money in the organization im sure hes giving up a pretty hefty salary...

Sounds like sour grapes to me however you want to sugar coat it.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:08 PM
  #139
ReverbAndDelay
Old Time Hockey
 
ReverbAndDelay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: Argentina
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
I've heard numerous reports from people who met him who said he's a jerk. While I appreciate what he did for us as a player, I won't mourn his departure from management.
Allow me to share my two Messier experiences.

1-

At an open practice when they had the facility up in Rye, NY, my family decided to humor my younger brother and I by taking us up there. We arrived quite later than we had thought, and missed the practice session, but thankfully we still well within time to catch he players leaving to get autographs.

I'll never forget Beezer coming out in his Volvo, stopping and telling everyone "Guys, I am SO sorry! I have an engagement I have to get to, and just do not have time today to hang around and sign anything. I truly appreciate your support. I hope you all understand." Needless to say we were all shocked that he would feel the need to even explain himself to us, and a steady stream of "thanks beezer!" "have fun!", etc etc flowed from everyone there. It was so nice to see that he truly appreciated all of us.

Shortly there after, a black bentley, which was being held up by Beezer being so kind, raced passed everyone, missing three kids playing rollerhockey by just feet. It was Messier. He couldn't be bothered with saying a word. I cannot stress to you how close he came to killing or maiming those kids.

2-

I was in NYC walking down by Chelsea Piers when I noticed two familiar faces. It was Brian Leetch and His Royal Doucheness.

I saw a little boy and his father near them. He couldn't have been older than 8-10. He ran up to the both of them so absolutely excited. They were obviously two of his heroes. Leetch stopped to talk to the young boy and sign an autograph while Messier continued to walk away. After a few moments, he turned and shouted "We don't have time for this ****, Brian. Let's go!". You could see the kids eyes tearing up a little. Both Myself and the father of the boy called him out. My exact words were "It's pretty gutless to make a young kid like this feel so bad. You're a joke." Brian, being the decent man he was, thoroughly apologized for Messier's actions and off they went.

I am glad that piece of trash is gone.

ReverbAndDelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:12 PM
  #140
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverbAndDelay View Post
Allow me to share my two Messier experiences.

1-

At an open practice when they had the facility up in Rye, NY, my family decided to humor my younger brother and I by taking us up there. We arrived quite later than we had thought, and missed the practice session, but thankfully we still well within time to catch he players leaving to get autographs.

I'll never forget Beezer coming out in his Volvo, stopping and telling everyone "Guys, I am SO sorry! I have an engagement I have to get to, and just do not have time today to hang around and sign anything. I truly appreciate your support. I hope you all understand." Needless to say we were all shocked that he would feel the need to even explain himself to us, and a steady stream of "thanks beezer!" "have fun!", etc etc flowed from everyone there. It was so nice to see that he truly appreciated all of us.

Shortly there after, a black bentley, which was being held up by Beezer being so kind, raced passed everyone, missing three kids playing rollerhockey by just feet. It was Messier. He couldn't be bothered with saying a word. I cannot stress to you how close he came to killing or maiming those kids.

2-

I was in NYC walking down by Chelsea Piers when I noticed two familiar faces. It was Brian Leetch and His Royal Doucheness.

I saw a little boy and his father near them. He couldn't have been older than 8-10. He ran up to the both of them so absolutely excited. They were obviously two of his heroes. Leetch stopped to talk to the young boy and sign an autograph while Messier continued to walk away. After a few moments, he turned and shouted "We don't have time for this ****, Brian. Let's go!". You could see the kids eyes tearing up a little. Both Myself and the father of the boy called him out. My exact words were "It's pretty gutless to make a young kid like this feel so bad. You're a joke." Brian, being the decent man he was, thoroughly apologized for Messier's actions and off they went.

I am glad that piece of trash is gone.
Wow.

Sure its just a couple of encounters but from what im hearing about the guy (and deriving from his actions with the Rangers lately), he seems very self-absorbed.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:15 PM
  #141
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedwrister17 View Post
I think pretty much everyone is in agreement that we want Gorton to be our next G.M. . Perhaps this is for the best because it will just make things less complicating when that time comes. You would think that it would be fairly soon.
I actually forgot all about Mess's "connection" or "arrangement" to the upcoming GM job. This coaching interview and subsequent "no thanks" may have been the best thing for the Rangers long term.

Ecstatic that Mess is pissed and hopefully burning a bridge here. Talk about a guy falling from grace with some of his fans.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:21 PM
  #142
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,934
vCash: 500
Oh well. Best of luck to Mess in his Brooklyn endeavors.

I wonder if this burns all future bridges with potential NYR positions/careers for Mess? Maybe he himself will choose to never come back.

An odd way to end for sure.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:24 PM
  #143
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,398
vCash: 500
If this means that it prevents or at least severely hinders him from competing for the GM job in a couple years; I think we dodged a bullet.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:24 PM
  #144
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,829
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Oh well. Best of luck to Mess in his Brooklyn endeavors.
Bronx.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:37 PM
  #145
Pugs35
Registered User
 
Pugs35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
If this means that it prevents or at least severely hinders him from competing for the GM job in a couple years; I think we dodged a bullet.
Yeah hopefully he's pissed enough not to even try and come back and steal the GM seat out from under Gorton.

Good riddance.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:03 PM
  #146
Sticky Fingers
Registered User
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Don't let the door hit you..

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:06 PM
  #147
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverbAndDelay View Post
Allow me to share my two Messier experiences.

1-

At an open practice when they had the facility up in Rye, NY, my family decided to humor my younger brother and I by taking us up there. We arrived quite later than we had thought, and missed the practice session, but thankfully we still well within time to catch he players leaving to get autographs.

I'll never forget Beezer coming out in his Volvo, stopping and telling everyone "Guys, I am SO sorry! I have an engagement I have to get to, and just do not have time today to hang around and sign anything. I truly appreciate your support. I hope you all understand." Needless to say we were all shocked that he would feel the need to even explain himself to us, and a steady stream of "thanks beezer!" "have fun!", etc etc flowed from everyone there. It was so nice to see that he truly appreciated all of us.

Shortly there after, a black bentley, which was being held up by Beezer being so kind, raced passed everyone, missing three kids playing rollerhockey by just feet. It was Messier. He couldn't be bothered with saying a word. I cannot stress to you how close he came to killing or maiming those kids.
Really makes you think....

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckrush View Post
A bounce here and there and history looks a lot different.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:14 PM
  #148
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,553
vCash: 500
If the coaching thing never happened would this even be an issue to some?

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:21 PM
  #149
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free
 
Nac Mac Feegle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,367
vCash: 0
good riddance

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:29 PM
  #150
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me Maybe View Post
Based on what? Adam Graves is the definition of class and everything you want an organization to embody.
Couldn't agree more.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.