HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Messier leaves Rangers

Old
06-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckrush View Post
A bounce here and there and history looks a lot different.
That should be the slogan of the team.

Catchy. Its also complete BS. 1 cup in 73 years. 27 of which occurred in a league with 6 teams! 6!!!

Thats a ton of bad bounces

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
That should be the slogan of the team.

Catchy. Its also complete BS. 1 cup in 73 years. 27 of which occurred in a league with 6 teams! 6!!!

Thats a ton of bad bounces
Guess we would be better at a game of horseshoes!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:24 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
What sour grapes. His position with NYR is so challenging and time consuming that he has to relinquish his responsibilities to "develop the Kingsbridge National Ice Center." Grow up.
you couldn't find yourself a coaching job Mess?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:28 PM
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

vCash: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
Thank god he's gone. I don't want him to become the next GM just because he's Mark Messier. I wish him well with the Bronx Armory thing.
I think pretty much everyone is in agreement that we want Gorton to be our next G.M. . Perhaps this is for the best because it will just make things less complicating when that time comes. You would think that it would be fairly soon.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedwrister17 View Post
I think pretty much everyone is in agreement that we want Gorton to be our next G.M. . Perhaps this is for the best because it will just make things less complicating when that time comes. You would think that it would be fairly soon.
Yep because if Messier were still here when "the teflon gm" retires and he didn't get that job as well, he would need 2 boxes of kleenex!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

He's hockey royalty, but I wasn't a fan of grooming him based on name alone. I thought he wanted to be closer to home with his young kids. Then he showed up in the coaching race. Sorry Mark, no time for on the job training. Go somewhere else and gain that experience and maybe we'll talk.

And I have nothing against him leaving now, maybe he's realizing he'll get a better shot outside NY first.

I never met Mess. Met Graves and other Rangers, always good experiences. I met Dave Maloney and George Mcphee in 1987. Dave was retired, George was injured(no shock) sitting in the stands few rows away from one another. Both signed my yearbook but were not happy about it. Can't blame them, they were there to watch the game.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
you couldn't find yourself a coaching job Mess?
I honestly think he had no intention of moving his family out of the NYC area.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2680
Quote:
Exactly. This is why I'm happy he's gone. This will make the eventual stepping down of Sather much easier. Gorton will now probably be announced as the next GM in the same press conference as Sather's resigning instead of having a whole big spiel on who the next GM is.

06-27-2013, 06:44 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I honestly think he had no intention of moving his family out of the NYC area.
I honestly think he had no intention of earning the NYR coaching job.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:47 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Love the stuff posted Puck. I agree. The guys have to gear up and goooo!

Anyway,In repsonse to Jonathan., Kovalchuk was the worst I met. Just didn't want anything to do with the fans.

Girardi was the best. Got a handshake and talked about hockey and life. Boyle is a cool dude too.
As much as I dislike Phil Simms, he is one of the best.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

not willing to pay his dues. what an ego.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Crease

You currently have a job in Department A. You suddenly apply and interview for a higher level position in Department B. You don't get said job and quit your existing position to pursue something completely unrelated to either A or B. Pretty strong indication that you didn't have passion for A or B in the first place.

Last edited by Crease: 06-27-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:07 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Lets not forget, that he's essentially quitting his job with the Rangers so he's forfeiting whatever he was being paid (im pretty sure he could afford it, but still). Knowing Dolan and how he throws around money in the organization im sure hes giving up a pretty hefty salary...

Sounds like sour grapes to me however you want to sugar coat it.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:08 PM
ReverbAndDelay
Old Time Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
I've heard numerous reports from people who met him who said he's a jerk. While I appreciate what he did for us as a player, I won't mourn his departure from management.
Allow me to share my two Messier experiences.

1-

At an open practice when they had the facility up in Rye, NY, my family decided to humor my younger brother and I by taking us up there. We arrived quite later than we had thought, and missed the practice session, but thankfully we still well within time to catch he players leaving to get autographs.

I'll never forget Beezer coming out in his Volvo, stopping and telling everyone "Guys, I am SO sorry! I have an engagement I have to get to, and just do not have time today to hang around and sign anything. I truly appreciate your support. I hope you all understand." Needless to say we were all shocked that he would feel the need to even explain himself to us, and a steady stream of "thanks beezer!" "have fun!", etc etc flowed from everyone there. It was so nice to see that he truly appreciated all of us.

Shortly there after, a black bentley, which was being held up by Beezer being so kind, raced passed everyone, missing three kids playing rollerhockey by just feet. It was Messier. He couldn't be bothered with saying a word. I cannot stress to you how close he came to killing or maiming those kids.

2-

I was in NYC walking down by Chelsea Piers when I noticed two familiar faces. It was Brian Leetch and His Royal Doucheness.

I saw a little boy and his father near them. He couldn't have been older than 8-10. He ran up to the both of them so absolutely excited. They were obviously two of his heroes. Leetch stopped to talk to the young boy and sign an autograph while Messier continued to walk away. After a few moments, he turned and shouted "We don't have time for this ****, Brian. Let's go!". You could see the kids eyes tearing up a little. Both Myself and the father of the boy called him out. My exact words were "It's pretty gutless to make a young kid like this feel so bad. You're a joke." Brian, being the decent man he was, thoroughly apologized for Messier's actions and off they went.

I am glad that piece of trash is gone.

ReverbAndDelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:12 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverbAndDelay View Post

1-

At an open practice when they had the facility up in Rye, NY, my family decided to humor my younger brother and I by taking us up there. We arrived quite later than we had thought, and missed the practice session, but thankfully we still well within time to catch he players leaving to get autographs.

I'll never forget Beezer coming out in his Volvo, stopping and telling everyone "Guys, I am SO sorry! I have an engagement I have to get to, and just do not have time today to hang around and sign anything. I truly appreciate your support. I hope you all understand." Needless to say we were all shocked that he would feel the need to even explain himself to us, and a steady stream of "thanks beezer!" "have fun!", etc etc flowed from everyone there. It was so nice to see that he truly appreciated all of us.

Shortly there after, a black bentley, which was being held up by Beezer being so kind, raced passed everyone, missing three kids playing rollerhockey by just feet. It was Messier. He couldn't be bothered with saying a word. I cannot stress to you how close he came to killing or maiming those kids.

2-

I was in NYC walking down by Chelsea Piers when I noticed two familiar faces. It was Brian Leetch and His Royal Doucheness.

I saw a little boy and his father near them. He couldn't have been older than 8-10. He ran up to the both of them so absolutely excited. They were obviously two of his heroes. Leetch stopped to talk to the young boy and sign an autograph while Messier continued to walk away. After a few moments, he turned and shouted "We don't have time for this ****, Brian. Let's go!". You could see the kids eyes tearing up a little. Both Myself and the father of the boy called him out. My exact words were "It's pretty gutless to make a young kid like this feel so bad. You're a joke." Brian, being the decent man he was, thoroughly apologized for Messier's actions and off they went.

I am glad that piece of trash is gone.
Wow.

Sure its just a couple of encounters but from what im hearing about the guy (and deriving from his actions with the Rangers lately), he seems very self-absorbed.

Old
06-27-2013, 07:15 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
I actually forgot all about Mess's "connection" or "arrangement" to the upcoming GM job. This coaching interview and subsequent "no thanks" may have been the best thing for the Rangers long term.

Ecstatic that Mess is pissed and hopefully burning a bridge here. Talk about a guy falling from grace with some of his fans.

Old
06-27-2013, 07:21 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Oh well. Best of luck to Mess in his Brooklyn endeavors.

I wonder if this burns all future bridges with potential NYR positions/careers for Mess? Maybe he himself will choose to never come back.

An odd way to end for sure.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Blueshirt Believer

If this means that it prevents or at least severely hinders him from competing for the GM job in a couple years; I think we dodged a bullet.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:24 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Oh well. Best of luck to Mess in his Brooklyn endeavors.
Bronx.

06-27-2013, 07:37 PM
Pugs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
If this means that it prevents or at least severely hinders him from competing for the GM job in a couple years; I think we dodged a bullet.
Yeah hopefully he's pissed enough not to even try and come back and steal the GM seat out from under Gorton.

Good riddance.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Sticky Fingers

Don't let the door hit you..

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverbAndDelay View Post

1-

Really makes you think....

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckrush View Post
A bounce here and there and history looks a lot different.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:14 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

If the coaching thing never happened would this even be an issue to some?

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:21 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 0
good riddance

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:29 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me Maybe View Post
Based on what? Adam Graves is the definition of class and everything you want an organization to embody.
Couldn't agree more.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote