HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boychuk, Peverley, Koko package to EDM

Old
06-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Musashi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
A fair deal would be 37th + Marincin for Peverley + Boychuk.
If we are adding in Khokhlachev I expect the price to go up even further.
Exactly what I was thinking

Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqmixmaster View Post
who is koko? im not following
Alexander Khokhlachev

In this deal Boston needs to have a net of cap space that opens up. This means picks, prospects, and AHL players coming back or NHL ready players on entry level contracts.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Yeti34

We don't need cap space we have plenty. Unless you actually including good players top prospects for Boyhuck + Koko Boston won't listen. Edm would need to blow Chia away with an overpayment.

Yeti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 05:24 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjack13 View Post

Ales Hemsky (Half of salary retained by Edmonton)
Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson
Anton Belov
Rights to Ryan Whitney

Johnny Boychuk
Rich Peverley
Koko
the issue in the deal is to create CAP SPACE

from boston $6.6M
to Boston $4.5M + whittneys rights...of which they wont be able to afford to sign. He likely looks for $2M.

net Salary cap ---about zero

this useless trade proposal---priceless.

Old
06-27-2013, 05:27 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti34 View Post
We don't need cap space we have plenty. Unless you actually including good players top prospects for Boyhuck + Koko Boston won't listen. Edm would need to blow Chia away with an overpayment.

current signed cap payroll---$60M

RFA Rask and a backup goalie are unsigned plus other players to fill the roster---how do you do it?

BTW...Savards contract even on LTIR still affects the cap space. Him going on it doesnt open up $4M

Old
06-27-2013, 05:32 PM
wintersej

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
To Boston:
Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson
David Musil
37th overall pick

To Edmonton:
Johny Boychuk
Rich Peverley
Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
A fair deal would be 37th + Marincin for Peverley + Boychuk.

If we are adding in Khokhlachev I expect the price to go up even further.
I think these are in the right range. I'd think it would be more the 37th + Marincin. Maybe add Musil or the other 2nd rounder.

wintersej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 05:41 PM
Bruins1726

I'd love #7 and a future 2nd for that package.

Bruins1726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 05:48 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
BOS needs to clear salary and would not be asking for the 7th overall + a top prospect like Marincin.
why not?

you have a link stating that?

bb_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Yeti34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post

RFA Rask and a backup goalie are unsigned plus other players to fill the roster---how do you do it?

BTW...Savards contract even on LTIR still affects the cap space. Him going on it doesnt open up $4M
Trade Pevs + Savvys 4 mill LTIR(Your Wrong about that). Rask an make 6 Horton 5.

Trade Kelly if you have to. Boychuck just got 6 goals in the playoffs + played great. WE are not giving him away to EDM.

Yeti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 05:50 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
riiiiiiiight.

sorry, but some of these offers being thrown around aren't blowing anyone away, but I would thin chia would do more than listen if the rumors that a D is on the block are true.

bb_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 05:55 PM
mozdzend

vCash: 756
To Boston:
- Hemsky @ 50% retained
- Oilers 2013 2nd
- Conditional Oilers 2014 3rd/4th (Turns into 2nd if Hemsky plays less than X games, or doesn't re-sign, etc.)

~~~ I'm not that knowledgeable in the Bruins roster and depth, but it seems apparent that they are in need of a RW. Contrary to some other posters I think Hemsky will be a great fit in Boston (especially at 50%...). His shoulder injuries are an obvious cause for concern, but they seemed to hold up well, and if it weren't for a freak broken foot injury (blocked shot) he would have played nearly the full season. Moving to a bigger and tougher team will also help his output and lower his risk of re-injury in my opinion, as he will not have to go to the dirty areas nearly as much as was required in EDM (the cause of the shoulder issues) and focus on his offense.

To Edmonton:
- Boychuck
- Peverley
- UFA rights to Khudobin

~~~ Boychuck obviously fills the needed role of shutdown D-man who can play big minutes that the Oilers need so badly, also a hometown boy. Peverley is on his way out of Boston regardless it seems, so is essentially a dump (seals Horcoff's fate of trade/buyout). Not sure if Boston has any intention of re-signing Khudobin, if not his rights are worth pennies, but if signed fills the back-up role Khabbi held, while also challenging Dubbie.

IMO and even value trade, addressing both teams needs... But then again could be biased as an Oilers fan... Just my 0.02

mozdzend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:12 PM
Defsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
I think they would ask for it, but considering their need to clear salary it wouldnt happen. Just depends on how many suitors they have that will be willing to take on cap.

The biggest thing working against them is that every team sees Boston as a contender. IMO no team with a remote chance of playoffs would make a move that would benefit Boston, as to win a cup, it's pretty likely that team will have to go through Boston.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.
It wouldn't happen anyways in that kind of deal, If our 7th would be moved return would have to be better than 2 roster players and a midget (those we have more than enough).

Defsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:27 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

Hemsky with salary retained could be sweet. He could slot in the third line with Kelly and Soderberg and add some offensive punch.

UConn126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:29 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

Quote:
http://www.capgeek.com/bruins/

Our definitions of plenty seem to differ.

UConn126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:49 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqmixmaster View Post
who is koko? im not following
Alexander Khokhlachev

Koko for short

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:52 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post

It only affects the cap in the off season. Not during the season.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

a Couple of thoughts. first if edmonton retained half of eric belengers contract then he becomes a nice 13th forward for a team likely needing to shed kelly and peverly for cap reasons.

hemsky at 1/2 price would have value to any team facing cap issues too.

if boston is planning to play 3 kid dmen they probably cant afford to let boychuck go. maybe the rights to ferrence and mcquaid would have some value? peverly should too or kelly... maybe even caron might.

i see edmonton/boston as a strong possibility to swing a cap deal for either peverly or kelly

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:14 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

It's Boston's back up against the cap wall, not ours. We don't have to retain any salary in this deal

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:17 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mand THW View Post
Might be an overpayment from the Oilers' perspective. Doubt the Bruins have interest in Belanger.

I don't believe the Bruins will try to move Boychuk unless they feel they absolutely have to. Until we hear how contract negotiations are going w/ Horton and Rask (besides rumors), it's difficult to place a number on how much salary the Bruins will have to clear.

Boychuk was one of the B's best defensemen this season - particularly in the playoffs. He showed he was capable of shouldering a significant load defensively. While he's no slouch in the attacking zone, his value comes from being a physically capable defense-first guy who can handle tough matchups. At best he's a borderline 2/3 guy. At worst he's a 3/4 with gusto. His contract (while it was initially laughed-off) is actually quite reasonable as a upper-middle paring guy.

While Boston's young defensemen proved themselves worthy of increased opportunities going forward, I'm not sure Chiarelli or Julien will be thrilled to head into camp with a top-six comprised of Chara, Seidenberg, McQuaid and three guys with a combined games played total of well under 100.

All that said, if Edmonton offered the 7th and 37th for Boychuk, Pevs and Koko - that's tremendous value. At worst, they'd be getting a guy like Lindholm, Monahan or Nurse who represent great value that late. At best, they'd get a fantastic faller (Nichushkin?) with ginormous upside. (Not to mention an early second-rounder in a very deep class).

Realistically, this won't happen. (IMO) Boston comes up short in value here. Koko's a good prospect but arguably not enough to turn the B's 3D and a 2nd/3rd-line tweener F into cap savings and a whack at an elite prospect.

And even if they did, it wouldn't be a super easy call for Boston as they'd be faced with even more organizational turnover than many expected following a long playoff run.
I would like to have Boychuk and Pevs, Caron as well. I dont think #7 is in the mix for that package though unless the Bs got a pick and it was a move up. My opinion of Boychuk is very high but i dont put him at 7th overall high. I also wouldnt be willing to give up MPS, who showed good chemistry with yakupov and an actual game.

If Boychuk and Peverly are available I would be happy to send them 37, a forward prospect not on our NHL roster, and a d prospect not named Klefbom or Marincin. Hemsky is avail and wed keep 50%

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

boston might need to shed one of their 6 biggest contracts or risk moving their entire 3rd line and second defense pairing to make the cap work this year. fans that claim their is no cap problem arent facing reality. peverly kelly and boychuck replaced by 3 kids making 3 mill between them might allow the team to keep rask/horton and ice a 23 man roster but it will gut our depth. there is a cap problem

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:18 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
a Couple of thoughts. first if edmonton retained half of eric belengers contract then he becomes a nice 13th forward for a team likely needing to shed kelly and peverly for cap reasons.

hemsky at 1/2 price would have value to any team facing cap issues too.

if boston is planning to play 3 kid dmen they probably cant afford to let boychuck go. maybe the rights to ferrence and mcquaid would have some value? peverly should too or kelly... maybe even caron might.

i see edmonton/boston as a strong possibility to swing a cap deal for either peverly or kelly
If Boychuk is not available i dont see the oilers bothering to talk with boston. My second favorite team is the bruins but if Boychuk isnt available(or we arent on his list of 20 teams july 1st) we look elsewhere for the pieces we need.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Djp

Quote:
Trade Pevs + Savvys 4 mill LTIR(Your Wrong about that). Rask an make 6 Horton 5.

Trade Kelly if you have to. Boychuck just got 6 goals in the playoffs + played great. WE are not giving him away to EDM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
It only affects the cap in the off season. Not during the season.

http://www.fearthefin.com/2010/9/18/...ng-term-injury

read above...

No team will take Savard and his LTIR status.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:29 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
It's Boston's back up against the cap wall, not ours. We don't have to retain any salary in this deal
It's ok, I doubt Chia is trying to get Hemskey anyway

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
boston might need to shed one of their 6 biggest contracts or risk moving their entire 3rd line and second defense pairing to make the cap work this year. fans that claim their is no cap problem arent facing reality. peverly kelly and boychuck replaced by 3 kids making 3 mill between them might allow the team to keep rask/horton and ice a 23 man roster but it will gut our depth. there is a cap problem

their top 5 forwards eat $26.5M

If you keep Horton you are talking top 6 forwards would make $30m combined at least.

If you break up the cap as such:

14 forwards: $36M
7D/2G: $27M

total: $63M ---should have a buffer for injuries and trades.

if 5 eat $26M...you only have $10M left for 9 players....$1M per player. with horton it drops to bottom 8 only getting $6m combined or $750K per player.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:42 PM
agreen23

Quote:

You cant put Savvy on LTIR until TC ends. Meaning, you cant just spend over the cap in FA. And hes actually right. Savvy still counts against the cap but you are allowed to exceed the cap by the contact amount. So effectively, you are both right.

So 2 of Horton, Boychuk, Kelly and Pevs have to go before TC starts. If it were me Id trade Kelly and Pevs but the Bs brass is very, very high on Kelly. You dont know what will happen any better than I do. And we arent giving him away. Marincin and the 37th arent scraps by any means.

Rask may get more than 6M. Horton might want more than 5M. You dont know so we're exploring options.

Last edited by agreen23: 06-27-2013 at 08:48 PM.
agreen23 is offline   Reply With Quote